[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm going to live a month on the workhouse diet for fun.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: workhouse_diet.jpg (121 KB, 686x480) Image search: [Google]
workhouse_diet.jpg
121 KB, 686x480
I'm going to live a month on the workhouse diet for fun. I'm going to splurge in a few areas. The bread, for example, will be the highest quality I can find. I've updated it a bit:

Breakfast:
>bread and butter
>freshly ground oat groats cooked with milk, butter, and brown sugar

Lunch:
>bread and butter
>cheese

Dinner:
>bread and butter
>soup*
>2 pints (32 oz) of quality beer

*I'm going to peel and trim carrots, onion, and celery, and cook the scraps with the beef or chicken bones. Once the broth is finished cooking, I'll add the remaining fresh vegetables until perfectly cooked.

Open to suggestions. How long do you think I'll last? Will my teeth fall out? Guess we'll see!
>>
whats the point?
>>
You've already chosen to cheat, so why not throw in some lobster and oysters, while you're at it? Those were considered poverty food as well.
You fucking phony.
>>
File: food.jpg (30 KB, 640x361) Image search: [Google]
food.jpg
30 KB, 640x361
>>7060631
There isn't one.

>>7060632
k
>>
>>>/r/eddit
>>
>cheating on the first fucking meal

Eat whatever the fuck you want, nobody cares. retard
>>
File: #####.jpg (65 KB, 500x349) Image search: [Google]
#####.jpg
65 KB, 500x349
>>7060616
>I'm going to live a month on the workhouse diet

No, you won't. You're cheating. You already said you'd be splurging, but you have added and changed so much that "splurging" isn't just the right word.

Additionally, consider that these were the rations for working men & women. Work-time was about 12 hours/day, and we talk about hard, manual labor.
Also, don't forget to wear your workhouse uniform during the month.
>>
>>7060616

the bread made in England during this period was already what we would consider premium quality, fresh baked and whole grain(white whole wheat)

the gruel should be buckwheat(kashi) oats, barley or ground wheat or a mix of any of them made with water or milk and salt.

don't cheat on the gruel and add sugar and butter

the soup is as you described as well

dinner is your lunch and supper is your evening meal

you don't need to cheat, this is more than an adequate amount of food for a normal human, it's just very boring
>>
I've been hearing wonderful things about the grapefruit diet, Tbh
>>
File: sceptical.jpg (6 KB, 168x149) Image search: [Google]
sceptical.jpg
6 KB, 168x149
>>7060616
Mfw beer
>>
>Hey I'm gonna follow this diet only I'm not

Okay.
>>
OP here. I love how angry you guys are. Keep posting. :-D
>>
>>7060723
Nice damage control op.
>>
>>7060743
Not really. I said in the OP that I wasn't going to follow the diet exactly. All the replies are, "OMG you're cheating".

Uh, yeah. Good work, geniuses.
>>
>>7060752
nobody here really cares about your fad diet, sally.
>>
>>7060757
k
>>
this is retarded to begin with but ur not even following it right ur gonna get fatter u big idiot
>>
File: navy-damage-control-001.jpg (1 MB, 1369x1600) Image search: [Google]
navy-damage-control-001.jpg
1 MB, 1369x1600
>>7060752
>>7060774
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.