[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's a good way to season steak? I just bought some steaks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (615 KB, 3476x2001) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
615 KB, 3476x2001
What's a good way to season steak?

I just bought some steaks from Costco but I always find them a bit bland and boring.
>>
>>7060326

Salt and pepper.
>>
>>7060327
This.
>>
Add a bit of ketchup
>>
ketchup
>>
>>7060326
Depends how its cooked. If you are grilling it, season with salt and a generous amount of pepper, drizzle a small amount of olive oil over it while grilling, the grill and smoke brigns out the flavor very nicely. If you are pan frying it, I really don't have tips, I'm not a faggot.
>>
File: chef-Marco-Pierre-White-008.jpg (33 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
chef-Marco-Pierre-White-008.jpg
33 KB, 460x276
Don't season it just glaze it before serving with Knorr Stock Pot ya fookin animal
>>
Did you know you can use gunpowder to season meat?
>>
>>7060391
>season
>ketchup
Retard.
>>
>>7060327
this desu senpai
>>
Set out until room temp, salt and pepper on both sides. sear the edges first and then cook.
>>
>>7060326
>>7060327
In after boring white people tell you the most boring white people way to cook a steak
>>
>>7060500
>set out until room temp
So leave it out for literally hours?
>>
>>7060521

One hour or so is fine. It's called having foresight to know what you want for a meal later.
>>
>>7060533
One hour won't heat the inside of the steak to room temp.
>>
>>7060563
Please keep your racism and racial slurs to /pol/
>>
>>7060413
I was just reading an account of the Battle of Waterloo, where they had to live off the land, the British-Dutch army requisitioned the livestock from the farm they were squatting on, and had no salt. So some jagoff thought it would be a good idea to throw a handful of gunpowder into their boiling pot of sheep, and they nearly wanted to lynch that asshole. (They ate it anyway, of course)
>>
>>7060627
diaf, redditfag
>>
Try making a good well-done steak. Seems like an oxymoron, but if you can't cook a well done steak that isn't shoe leather, then you're just a terrible cook.

Butterfly, fry in butter on medium while spooning the butter/beef dripping mixture over the top, take off the heat just past medium rare for holdover, and wa la!
>>
>>7060644
You don't seem to understand. Only white people can be racist, so please check your privilege at the door.
>>
>>7060675
Jokes on you, I'm happily mixed race, with 0 nigger in me.
>>
>>7060681
nobody cares, mutt.
>>
>>7060642
Stop watching so much TV. You're not Ramsey, you don't need to know how to make a poorly cooked steak taste good to please customers and its perfectly acceptable to have "unitaskers" in your kitchen if you use them on a regular basis and properly clean them
>>
>>7060691
What in the utter fuck are you talking about? Knowing how to cook is now taboo?
>>
>>7060563

Lmao how buttblasted is this cracka?? sm.h tbqhwy
>>
>>7060704
>chimp finds computer
>attempts communication
>>
>>7060716
>chimps have thin lips, white skin, flat butts, small penises and are extremely hairy
>white people think they don't look like them
>>
>>7060736
>oonga boonga
>>
>>7060627
shut up nigger
>>
>>7060327
/thread.
>>
>>7060326
Rub it with salt and pepper. Seriously, this does the trick. You could try a steak seasoning or a BBQ rub, but nothing comes close to the salt n' pepper thing.
>>
>>7060515

what is a good PoC way to cook a steak brother. i need to get some PoC fire in my belly. ghetto or fallen empire or vibrant nomadic community origins, i don't mind. just PoC my shit up guy
>>
>>7060538

it will warm the surface though.
>>
>>7061232
hammer that shit out, bread it, and deep fry it

Serve with mashed taters, gravy, collard greens, and fried okra.
>>
>>7060326
Salt and pepper.
But remember to either season them just before cooking OR an hour (or more) before cooking.

Any time in between is a no go because that's when salt has drawn up the moisture from the steak but the steak still hasn't absorbed it back.
>>
>>7060326
desu
I need more garlic taste.
>>
>>7060409
this is actually legit advice, don't knock it if you haven't tried it.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.