[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nanopatticales used to IMPROVE food growth -GMO 2.0- Tomato
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: super-tomato-.jpg (70 KB, 485x670) Image search: [Google]
super-tomato-.jpg
70 KB, 485x670
Nanopatticales used to IMPROVE food growth -GMO 2.0-
Tomato growth boosted with a spray of nanoparticles
They used zinc oxide and titanium dioxide nanoparticles to boost the tomato plant's ability to absorb light and minerals. The titanium oxide increases chlorophyll content in the plant's leaves to improve photosynthesis, while zinc is an essential nutrient that also helps the function of enzymes within the plant.

The team found that directly depositing the nanoparticles on the plant's leaves as a very fine spray resulted in a much greater uptake of nutrients than if the nanoparticles were applied to the soil.

http://www.gizmag.com/nanoparticles-boost-growth-of-tomatoes/40285/
>>
>>7060091
shuuut the fuck up
>>
>>7060092
no u
>>
File: super-tomato-2.jpg (66 KB, 700x394) Image search: [Google]
super-tomato-2.jpg
66 KB, 700x394
"A plant can only uptake about 20 percent of the nutrients applied through soil, with the remainder either forming stable complexes with soil constituents or being washed away with water, causing runoff," says Raliya. "In both of the latter cases, the nutrients are unavailable to plants."

In addition to the plants treated with the aerosol nanoparticles producing almost 82 percent more fruit by weight than untreated plants, the tomatoes themselves had an increase of between 80 and 113 percent in levels of lycopene. This is an antioxidant that gives tomatoes and some other red fruits and vegetables their red color and has been the subject of numerous studies seeking to ascertain a link between it and a reduced risk of cancer – none of which have been conclusive according to the FDA.
>>
I thought hippies loved vitamins and supplements, this is exactly the same
>>
This happened to be the first thing at the top of page one when I opened /ck/.

Now I have a headache.

Thank's, OP.
>>
>>7060100
The team is now developing a new formulation of nanonutrients that doesn't just include zinc, but all 17 elements plants require to grow. They hope such a technique could help feed the 9 billion people that are expected to inhabit the planet by 2050, without placing extra strain on water and energy resources.
>>
>>7060106

Aahhh!

You replied to my post, forcing me to read your reply, and now just awoke from a seizure induced from your post and posted this.

I'm honestly going between a lecture on where we've come in theoretical physics since Einstein and /ck/, but at least the lecture isn't forcing me to read a bunch of shit I, as a failed academic and full time alcoholic, can't help but try to process (it's 3am here).
>>
>>7060131
>full time alcoholic
Same here...
>>
So is this just Aeroponics, except instead of just spraying the roots they spray the whole plant?
>>
>>7060091
I thought zinc oxide and titanium oxide are natural sunblocks wtf....
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.