[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'd like to start cooking for my one year old son, or even
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (166 KB, 960x429) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
166 KB, 960x429
I'd like to start cooking for my one year old son, or even preparing him some nice foods.

He just recently turned one and he can eat most foods now.

He liked some butternut squash I made him, and he also liked some chicken I made.

What's tasty to a one year old?

I have no clue as his mom is a twat and kept him from me for a while.

Any ideas as to what nice treats I can whip up for my son?
>>
Mix ammonia and bleach then toss it in his eyes
>>
check out mom blogs and youtube channels, they know all about feeding babies and are really into feeding their babies and making DIY party decorations for them
>>
I can't be around kids at all at this point, so I don't really have any real life adult perspective. But give your kid whatever you eat and expose him to as much food as possible at a young age.

The one thing my parents did right was feeding me adult food from a very young age (like, I don't remember a time where there was a vegetable I didn't like). If it's something spicy you obviously need to make a mild version, but exposing kids to all kinds of things at a young age is the best thing you can do for them. When they get old enough to say no it's too fucking late.

The one thing I don't understand is how my parents trained my brother and I to eat out at restaurants. Some of my earliest memories are eating out and I have no recollection of being told to behave, and how to use silverware and put my napkin in my lap and everything else. If I ever have kids I'm going to need to ask them about that, because I somehow knew how to act in a restaurant since I was 4.
>>
Chicken simmered in a croc pot full of mountain dew.
>>
>>7060058
Oh I appreciate it man! Lots of good stuff I've found.

>>7060063

I plan on it. He eats everything so far and I always will give him stuff off my plate. I was thinking of some fish for him later today.
>>
>>7060051
I legally can't be any closer than 500 yard from children anymore so I can't help ya senpai
>>
simple plain steamed and mash veg are great choices for babbies
frozen sweet peas taste better than fresh or canned, fresh applesauce is amazing

creamed rice and lentils(don't add cream, just mash together

refritos, bread soup, oatmeal, cream of wheat, all babies should like this

stay away from: fruit juice, sugar, salt, strong flavored/rich foods (meat, olives, peppers for example) and introduce each new food one at a time to look out for allergies. if you do see a reaction, don't panic, it may or may not be a real allergy, stay away from that food for 2-3 months then try again.

by 2 years kid should be able to eat most anything but lean away from rich foods and sugar and salt as much as you can, they don't need it if you feed them a balanced diet
>>
Turkey Dinosaurs
>>
File: meatloaf-cupcakes-1.jpg (246 KB, 900x668) Image search: [Google]
meatloaf-cupcakes-1.jpg
246 KB, 900x668
meatloaf cupcakes
>>
>>7060063
>I can't be around kids at all at this point

>4chan
>>
>>7060051
Strawberry soup with chicken stock. Served piping hot with a root beer chaser.
>>
>>7060051
I find that the hardest thing to feed kids is vegetables in general. Always make sure they eat vegetables. They don't have to eat all of them, but at every meal they have to have some of everything. My grandma always made us eat at least one Brussels sprout each time they were served. Even though everybody hated them. But now that we're all grown up we like them.

Vary the meals. You don't want them getting sick of a meal.

Balance the meals.

Remember that 3 fresh (seasonal) vegetables and oil in a frying pan served with pasta can be easily done in 15 minutes.

But like this guy says >>7060063 Expose them to everything before they say no. Not just flavors but textures too. I can't stand squid-like texture because I was never fed that as a kid, and sometimes I wish I was.
>>
I dont know what its called, but my ma used to slice a thin lenghth of cream cheese, put it on a thin slice of ham and put a touch of pepper on it and roll it up
>>
do one year olds still eat baby food? If so feed him that. If they can chew and swallow without choking get him some fried cheese sticks from sonic.
>>
>>7060051
A one year old will eat almost anything that is seriously spicy, sour or bitter. Enjoy that, because he could become a giant pain in the ass picky eater by the time he's three.
>>
>>7062418
>s seriously spicy, sour or bitter
>meant to say "isn't" there.
>>
File: Foghorn Leghorn.jpg (185 KB, 1480x1080) Image search: [Google]
Foghorn Leghorn.jpg
185 KB, 1480x1080
>>7060998
>I find that the hardest thing to feed kids is vegetables in general
The most difficult part of eating a vegetable is the wheelchair.
>>
I know it's the worst idea in the world for 4chan of all places, but sfw /parenting/ when? We oldfags are getting to that age.
>>
I've started trying to cook for my wife's son too but he never eats any of it and just makes me take him to kfc. Is there anything I can do?
>>
>>7062387

Coronation roll?

>>7062708

cook "home fast food" like chix cutlets, meatball subs, french fries(oven fries are easiest otherwise google slow fry) hamburgers and hotdogs and spaghetti and meatballs, etc etc

put a veg or fruit on every plate for every meal, and let him help you shop, he can pick out all the fruit and veg and meat

help him cook something good he likes, he'll come around leading by example is the best way
>>
>>7060051
Got a 1 and 3 year old here senpai.

Veggies are essential, I've found my kids like asparagus, corn, green beans, squash, and they fucking love fresh beets. We eat beets almost every day because they love them so much.

My oldest was a picky eater for a while, he wouldn't eat shit so I would make a nice healthy meal then put a warm cookie in the middle of the table to bribe him to at least attempt to finish his plate.

Just feed him what you eat, provided you eat well.
>>
File: image.jpg (339 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
339 KB, 1920x1080
>>7062708
You ain't baiting me that easy, senpai
>>
>>7060051
try something made out of pumpkin, sweet taste and easy to eat.
>>
>>7062708
10/11
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.