[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Actually a better pb&j than usual.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
I couldn't tell if the bao bun on and j was a shitpost but I made it anyway (pic related) and will prolly substitute the normal bread with them more often if I have leftover buns from making meals.
>>
That looks amazing
>>
that looks like raw dough.
>>
>>7059171
I can't lie to you m8, it was at least above average in terms of my PB&J history.
>>
>>7059177
Nah; it's steamed and not baked, so it doesn't develop a brown crust anywhere. It does have the same sort of color, but if you were handling it in person you couldn't mistake one for the other.
>>
Might include banana next time.
>>
Other alternative PBJ's welcome.
>>
Looks pretty good.
>>
Oh shit, should've included the bun recipe in the OP.

http://www.thirstyfortea.com/recipes/chinese-fold-over-buns/
>>
>>7059137
That looks good.

Ive never tried PB&J sammich, only on bagle or toast and didnt really enjoy it either time. But this looks like something worth trying.
>>
My friend once made a peanut butter and jelly maki. It wasn't disgusting but the flavors did not complement each other at all.
>>
>>7061122
It seems like the textures would be pretty off.
>>
Yeah I do like Chinese bread

Its very soft when cooked fresh
>>
>>7061108
Those look wet and more like raw dough than the one in the OP. Not sure if that's just from being freshly steamed or not.
>>
>>7061157
In the OP pic it was in the steamer longer (hence the extra fatness) but had been out for a bit before getting used for the PB&J (So it doesn't have that layer of moisture over the surface)
>>
>>7059137
Kinda reminds me of a scone.
>>
>>7061198
Scones are the flaky things, right?
>>
>>7061155
This it is. I actually decided to make the filling instead of being lazy today, so I guess if it doesn't turnout too bad I'll spam it in the dinner thread or something in a few hours.
>>
>>7061112
You should try it with apricot jam instead of strawberry. So much better.
>>
>>7062108
I normally get breakfast at work and they dont have apricot jam. I dont find it unpleasant with strawberry, but its not something I would go back for. Especially when I can out nutella and peanut butter or marmite and cream cheese
>>
>>7062108
I like grape jelly or blueberry preserves.

>>7061112
the trick is to put pb on both slices of bread so you can seal the edges and get extra jelly in the middle
>>
File: awesome sagan.gif (475 KB, 270x203) Image search: [Google]
awesome sagan.gif
475 KB, 270x203
>>7059137
Haha, I posted that pic in the other thread. I thought it legitimately looked awesome, I found it when looking for dough for char siu bao.

Yours looks great too!
>>
Looks like it would be sticky. Why not make more of a dumpling and steam them with the ingredients wrapped/pinched inside?
>>
>>7062780
It's surprisingly not sticky at all once steamed.

>>7062547
Oh, so it wasn't a shitpost at all, haha. Thanks!
>>
American cuisine, ladies and gentleman.
>>
>>7062796

Are you insultin' my sandwich m8?
>>
>>7061198
Next time I have a scone, I think I'll also have pb with the usual jam and cream accompaniment.
>>
>>7061108
Did you get memed into buying "bun flour"?
>>
>>7062959
No. I just used all purpose flour I already had.
>>
>>7062959
It's basically cake flour from what I can tell.
>>
>>7061070
I often use yogurt instead of jelly/jam. I do prefer jelly/jam, but it can be a refreshing alternative. It's a lot less sweet, and less messy. Feels better going down. I find blueberry works the best.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.