[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ca we healthy /ck/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: healthy-food.jpg (654 KB, 1920x1038) Image search: [Google]
healthy-food.jpg
654 KB, 1920x1038
So what do you guys like to make for some healthy meals? I'm sick of these fast food threads.
>>
>>7056233
I hate it when I'm trying to order a salad in the drive thru and my mouth says, "Double Quarter Pounder with cheese."
>>
>>7056251
Its got lettuce and tomato on it, even comes with onion, thats kinda like a salad and just as healthy.
>>
>>7056233
i once had a carrot it gave me liquid shits for a week 10/10 would do again
>>
>>7056233
I'm about to cook a pork loin and some Brussel sprouts, probably not the most complete meal, but it's low cal.
>>
File: tofu_soup.jpg (91 KB, 576x390) Image search: [Google]
tofu_soup.jpg
91 KB, 576x390
Make a light chicken stock and add vegetables you'd find in a stir fry. I like tofu, broccoli, baby corn, onion, carrot, snow peas, bell pepper, red chili flakes, etc.
>>
I don't mind vegetables, but I have trouble incorporating them into actual meals.
>>
>>7056233
I bake up a whole bunch of chicken breasts all at once then stuck then in the fridge to use them in salad or with brown rice and sautéed vegetables all throughout the week. This is the staple of my diet and eat these about 4 or 5 days out if the week. I also drink a smoothie everyday and eat plenty of nuts. I can make a lentil, black bean and red pepper soup that has a bunch of vegetables in it and a decent amount of protein. I broil fish for a fancier meal here and there, something like sockeye salmon or rockfish, or sole fish tacos with pico de gallo and guacamole. Turkey is also good for stuff. I snack on apples, grapes, celery and carrots, nuts, or a small salad. And drink lots if water. For sweets I go with 70% dark chocolate.
No dairy or red meat.
>>
>>7056457
1. How do you bake your chicken?
2. Do you utilise eggs at all?
>>
>>7056526
1. In a Pyrex baking dish, everything coated in extra virgin olive oil. Oven set to 350° F. Cook it for about 30 minutes, then take it out and slice it up really thin. Then bake it for 15 more minutes.

2. Not at the moment, but I've been meaning to look into some recipes to spruce up hard boiled eggs. I also want to figure out how to add eggs to salad and rice.
>>
>>7056635
I forgot to mention the seadpning for the chicken. I season before I start cooking when the breasts are whole, so I cover them pretty heavily with seasoning. Black pepper, sea salt, cilantro, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, mace, rosemarry, whatever.
>>
>>7056635
>>7056651
thanks for the advice anon, im a college student so this kind of stuff is gold.
apparently the japanese eat combos of eggs and rice for breakfast, sometimes with a fried egg on top of rice or a mixture of rice and eggs cooked at the same time.
>>
File: Thomas-Keller-Roast-Chicken-20.jpg (151 KB, 620x413) Image search: [Google]
Thomas-Keller-Roast-Chicken-20.jpg
151 KB, 620x413
>>7056233
oven roasted chicken
oven roasted vegetables
home made bread
go light on salt and olive oil
thats it. easy. cheap. nutritious. healthy.
good for standard plebs and body builders. you can also replace the vegetables with salad and its almost the same meal.
>>
rice + soy sauce
runny egg
kimchi

this is my breakfast every single day
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.