[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Never cooked tenderloin before but I got a shit ton given to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: srf-pork-tenderloin_5.jpg (274 KB, 1500x1050) Image search: [Google]
srf-pork-tenderloin_5.jpg
274 KB, 1500x1050
Never cooked tenderloin before but I got a shit ton given to me. What's the best way to prepare it? Sear and roast? Braise it?

What should I use to season it? Would a rub be better than sauce?
>>
>>7055917
foodwishes, pork diablo. easy and almost fool proof. tastes great.
>>
>>7055917
Tenderloin is a very tender cut so it benefits from quick cooking. Sear and then roast as needed to finish cooking through. Save the braising for tough cuts with a lot of connective tissue.

>>what should I use to season it
I dunno man, what do you like?

>>rub be better than a sauce?
why not both? you can make a great pan sauce from the drippings regardless of what other seasoning you use.
>>
>>7055917
I like them roasted or grilled. bbq sauce or garlic and rosemary.
>>
>>7055917
Last weekend I butterflied one out into a big flat piece and stuffed it with jalapenos(not pickled, fresh) and cream cheese.

Rolled it up, rubbed in cajun seasoning, wrapped in bacon.

Baked at 350 until done(use a meat thermometer).

It was wonderful, and I think I'm going to do another because I'm craving it.
>>
>>7055917
I usually put some kind of spice rub and some butter or olive oil all over the outside and roast it on a rack in a hot oven, 425-450 degrees until it's about medium to medium rare. The outside gets nice and browned and the inside stays tender and juicy.
>>
File: tumblr_mllu7qAWw31qdg6sho1_500.jpg (72 KB, 500x670) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mllu7qAWw31qdg6sho1_500.jpg
72 KB, 500x670
I have one going in the crock pot right now.

I put a bunch of serranos, garlic, sliced onion, chicken stock, wine and tomatoes, been going for about three hours. In another hour i'm gonna shred it and put it back in while i make a mole paste sauce (premade, i'm not a mexican grandma with a cauldron) and then strain the juice and combine them for ultimate flavor

i def recommend marinating with some citrus and rubbing with salt and/or garlic and pepper before cooking any type of pork, it helps tenderize the meat
>>
File: 20151024_175145.jpg (124 KB, 1211x681) Image search: [Google]
20151024_175145.jpg
124 KB, 1211x681
>>7055957
pic related

I also brushed the bacon with Texas honey before baking to create a glaze.
>>
>>7055968
>pulling a fucking tenderloin

Why didn't you just get a Boston Butt?
>>
>>7055974

Because i don't know what i'm doing, i like to wing it when i cook. Seems like a fun idea and if it doesn't pull easily i'm just gonna slice it
>>
>>7055988
It might pull, but tenderloins are very lean compared to the whole butt. Not as much connective tissue to break down.

Additionally, Boston Butts are like $1 a pound where I live, and a tenderloin is closer to $5 a pound.

Either way, I hope it turns out good for you. Sounds pretty delicious.
>>
>>7055969
Bacon wrapped tenderloin is fucking great. I may have to do something like that with the next tenderloin I make.
>>
>>7055917
Authentic sweet and sour pork
>>
>>7055969

Looks delicious anon.
>>
Make a Pork Wellington.
>>
File: 20151108_164930.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20151108_164930.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
>>7056001

Thanks d00d I'll keep that in mind for next time.

It pulled pretty well, so I drained the liquid and put all the rest of the solids into a pan with a can of crushed tomatoes and heated it with the mole paste and chicken broth until it thickened and then added it back to the crockpot with the pork for another hour or so.

I'll let ya know how it turns out!
>>
>>7056275

did you seriously shred a bunch of tenderloin??

it's too lean to be good like that.. your best bet is to just sear them really hard with salt/pepper and then finish them in the oven to medium (140-145 degrees)
>>
>rub with olive oil
>salt
>pepper
>roast in the oven for 30 mins at about 180C
>sear in the pan to finish it off and get a nice crust
>>
>>7056281
This has already been mentioned, slowpoke.
>>7055974
>>7056001
>>
>>7056299

Suck my D, nerd.. You obviously need to hear it ad nauseum since you are the one who made pulled pork from tenderloin
>>
>>7056292
>sear last
im gonna need you to elaborate on why the fuck
>>
>>7056292

like >>7056325 said.. why? how?
>>
>>7056307

sorry homie the dude you responded to isn't me, the guy who shredded it. I really just needed an excuse to use the Mole starter that i got, and it seems like it worked out fine. Some people are acting like shredding it renders it inedible, it's soft and tasty, what's the big deal?
>>
>>7056334

it's obviously going to taste good.. it's pork tenderloin.

the problem is that it's so lean and there is basically no fat whatsoever on that cut of meat. it's perfect for cooking high heat and to temp, but you want a fattier cut of pork because you want the fat to render and the protein chains in the meat to break down which means you gotta do it low and slow

you didn't make an inedible mistake, it was just a silly way to use what you had
>>
Salt pepper and dijon
Cook on 425 for 20 min
The center should be pink
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.