[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do we eat pigs?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 114
Thread images: 19
File: pig_0.jpg (543 KB, 1200x922) Image search: [Google]
pig_0.jpg
543 KB, 1200x922
Why do we eat pigs?
>>
Because they are taste good and were capable of being domesticated and raised on large scales.
>>
>>7054763
Because they're tasty.
>>
>>7054763

They're delicious.
>>
>>7054771
>>7054773

But they're so cute though.

How could humans have even gotten the idea to kill one for nourishment instead of taking the species as pets like we did dogs?
>>
I know eating human flesh can give you all kinds of diseases and pig flesh is the closest you can get to human flesh. Wonder if pig meats fucks your shit up like human meat at all.
>>
File: Duncan.jpg (261 KB, 800x1054) Image search: [Google]
Duncan.jpg
261 KB, 800x1054
>>7054787

It tastes better than dogs, Eastern societies eat dogs and cats to this day.

PETA killed Michael Clark Duncan, don't make the same mistakes he did.
>>
>>7054793
>keeping up that muscle mass with no meat
pretty impressive desu
>>
>>7054787
>How could humans have even gotten the idea to kill one for nourishment instead of taking the species as pets like we did dogs?
Surviving takes priority over finding things kyootie tootie.
>>
>>7054787
The same way we learned to eat every other animal we eat. Someone killed it and cooked it and found out that it was delicious.
>>
>>7054799

he was a vegfag for 3 years, then died.

PETA made him their martyr for "muh no meat pls deh animals maymay" purposes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGh2_qgYJd8
>>
>>7054811
Wait what? Whaaaaaaat???????
>>
>>7054822
>>7054811
>two dubs in a row
>i'm watching dubsman in the background
Shit... I didn't even know he was dead.
>>
>>7054792
>I know eating human flesh can give you all kinds of diseases and pig flesh is the closest you can get to human flesh. Wonder if pig meats fucks your shit up like human meat at all.
Eating similar animals does add to the the risk of being infected by cross-species parasites. Trichinosis is a good example with eating pigs. Usually with fish, since they're cold blooded, many parasites that live in them don't live in people, so bacteria or viruses are a bigger concern. Round worms from fish do occasionally infect people. Though for any meat/fish, normal cooking kills the parasites.
>>
>>7054822

He made gainz by eating meat, converted to vegetarianism then died 3 years later.

After which, PETA made statements about his death being meat related, if he "had only stopped in time the damages meat caused could have been reversed", types of statements.

ANTIFA, PETA, these groups cause internal damage to make martyrs of people, to further push their shitty agendas.

Never forget:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aF5UfnhuF_c
>>
>>7054840
Jesus. Just when I thought PETA couldn't get any worse.
>>
Because no animal is as calorie efficient as pigs, who can eat almost anything and bulk at rapid rates. They also have huge litters from a single pregnancy.

Couple that with the fact you can eat every part of the pig except the squeal.
>>
File: DatSucklingPigDoe.jpg (141 KB, 1000x747) Image search: [Google]
DatSucklingPigDoe.jpg
141 KB, 1000x747
>>7054853

Confirmed.
>>
Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste good.
>>
>>7054763
Because they're too cute to kill when they're little so when they're big enough, you can finally eat them because all their cuteness is gone.
>laffin when that female only deserted island show by Bear Grylls was when all the girls decide to kill the piglets instead of the mama pig
>laffin when they infect their meat anyways by boiling it for some reason instead of making jerky
>>
>>7054853
This.

Lard was a particularly useful substance prior to the chemistry boom of the 20th century, it had a myriad of uses from culinary to industrial.

And they do reproduce at an astonishing rate.

Hernando de Soto brought 13 pigs with him to Florida, at the time of his death three years later there were over 700 in his camp. That's not counting the ones that had been slaughtered, escaped or traded to the natives.
>>
File: 149342154460.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
149342154460.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>
>>7055139
can't remember the channel's name but was interesting as fuck,
>>
>>7054860
i want that crackling in my facehole
>>
>>7054763
>Why do we eat pigs?

For the same reason we eat cows and chickens.

They're delicious.
>>
>>7055143
There was a shitfit argument about this on /sci/ a few months ago about the efficiency of the sliding mechanism

Also one escapes in the back
>>
File: 1158425749091.jpg (10 KB, 170x170) Image search: [Google]
1158425749091.jpg
10 KB, 170x170
>>7055139

>that little piglet on the left that gets crushed
>that one in the middle that gets kicked in the head

honestly makes me a bit hard
>>
>>7055152
really? can be improved? lookd very efficient imo

i dunno either. there not much of a hog problem in Chile (at least in my area)
>>
>>7054771
/thread
>>
>>7054787
>Confirmed for never having been chased by a terrifying, big as shit grown pig, while trying to go take a shit in your relatives' outhouse.

Terrifying as fuck
>>
>>7054840
so he died because he went vegetarian

being vegetarian killed him
>>
>>7054787
Because you tard there is a huge difference between the way dogs and pigs act. A pig will squeal and wine every second it does not get its way, and constantly honk. Be in a house with a pig for more than a week and you'd easily want to take it out back. That's why they're easy to kill. Christ, you wonder why "you're a pig" is considered an insult
>>
>>7055188
>relatives
"Cousin, y'all got a big-ass hog out inna back yard! SOOOOOIIIIEEEEEEE, PIGGY CHASIN' ME HOO BOY"
>>
>>7054763

Don't kid yourself Jimmy, if a pig ever got the chance he'd eat you and everyone you cared about
>>
>>7054763
Why not?
>>
>>7054770
pretty much
>>
>>7054787
What you think happens:
>animals exist, running around and frolicking in the meadows
>humans come along and kill the animals
>animals have gone from being alive to being dead, all because of the horrible humans!

What actually happens:
>humans intentionally breed animals for the purpose of eating them
>animals get to exist that would otherwise not have existed
>some animal farming is certainly cruel, but no reason at all to consider the concept inherently wrong
>>
File: 006-1.jpg (239 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
006-1.jpg
239 KB, 1024x768
>>7055495

There are packs of wild hogs in Texas so vast the farmers protecting their crops need automatic weaponry to thin out the herd and save their livelihood.

I thought staying on an authentic American cattle ranch would be a good holiday (Irishfag here)...never fucking again. Fuck that shit into the river and drown it. I'll stick to National monuments and theme parks next time I'm across the pond.

There were easily 350 of them stampeding around the ranch we stayed at. Pic related, animals that big but with giant tusks protruding from their mouths.
>>
>>7055849
Why don't they just say fuck the cattle ranching, free pigs?

Pretty sure you're allowed to sell wild game in murriKKKa
>>
Bacon tastes goood. Pork chops taste goood.
>>
Is it me or pork can smell vile sometimes? It's not that strong of a scent, but I notice it whenever eating pork roast and it just ruins it for me. I rarely eat pork because of this, except for bacon occasionally.
>>
>>7055849
Them's ain't hogs, son, but boars.

>>7055853
Not quite the same kind of meat, unfortunately.
>>
>>7055853
Cattle are far more lucrative and feral hogs are fucking mean as hell and will fucking destroy the land, eating every plant they come across, down to and often including the roots.
>>
>>7055878

Boars, hogs ans pigs are pretty much the same animal.
>>
>>7054787
becuase wed leave our scaps out and wolfes would eat them then the wolfes learned that by following humans they could be feed with out having to go out an hunt for this reason the wolfs protected the humans from danger even other less domesticated wolfs we began an interspecies bond becuase of this and the friendlier the wolf was to a human the higher chsnce it had for survival then the friendliest got breed with the friendliest so much that they evolved into dogs and eventually obminations like the pug

pigs didnt protect us from shit so we ate them and breed them to be ate simple stuff really
>>
>>7055239
>A pig will squeal and wine every second it does not get its way, and constantly honk

And this is different from dogs and their incessant fucking barking how?
>>
>>7054787
I take it you've never slaughtered or seen a pig slaughtered before. It's disturbing the first time, then it's mechanical. The worst part is when you slaughter a couple in a row, after the first one the rest figure out what's happening and that squeal is the most precise expression of terror that you will ever here.

I had to put down one of my folks dogs, but that was with a gun, so it was easy. I couldn't imagine have to slit a dogs throat, that'd suck.
>>
>>7054763
They're delicious, breed fast for a large mammal, can destroy ecosystems if left unchecked, are delicious and we domesticated them.

Plus eating herbivores/omnivores is often preferential to eating carnivores
>>
>>7055495
They were actually my mom's cousins and uncles. We went to go visit them in the rural hills of Mexico, before everything went to shit. It was nice...
>>
I don't know. I love bacon to fucking death, but I really don't incorporate pork into my meals. Even with meals that call for pork, I will usually substitute beef or chicken. I'm not religious or anything like that, I just never got into pork that much.

I did pick up a 9lb pork picnic last week when it was on sale for $5. Will probably slow cook it this weekend. Mitebgud
>>
>>7054787
Size, really. Also they stop being cute pretty quickly.
>>
>>7054787
Every animal looks super cute when they are a newborn babby.
Have you ever been around pigs IRL? They are assholes.They are either afraid of you or fighting you, never friendly.
Mother pigs will lay down and if a kid is underneath, it can scream away, and she has no concern that it is being crushed.
That is the reason for these pig crates that PETA-type idiots consider "cruel" confinement.
They literally have no idea why the crates came about in the first place.
>>
>>7054787
Predators are smarter animals than plant eaters, that is why we have cats and dogs for pets, not pigs and cows.
We are also meat eaters which gives us more in common. Dogs+humans were the ultimate hunting partners. We had the brains and weapons and they had the sense of smell and speed.
>>
>>7055155
Go away /b/
>>
>>7054763
Because hunters spread the word that wild boars tasted nice and it was desirable to hunt wild boar not only for their meat but also their bones and tusks to make tools and weapons.
>>
>>7054787
>How could humans have even gotten the idea to kill one for nourishment instead of taking the species as pets

Modern pigs don't look like ancient pigs at all.

We bred modern pigs to look like your picture.

It took a long time before the wild pigs we domesticated became pink, almost hairless pigs.

Also, wild pigs were nuisances. Dangerous and ate your fucking crops and shit everywhere.

Humans couldn't tolerate them so we hunted and ate them.

Deal with it.
>>
>>7054763
That cute little piggie would be so so tasty with nice crunchy skin and soft soft tender meat...
>>
Pork Scratchings are deep-friend pig fetuses
>>
>>7055853

The meat of wild pigs is shit compared to domestic pigs.

It is done though, but the captured wild hogs have to be given a full body flush with grain and whatnot just in case.
>>
>>7054787
>idea to kill one for nourishment
You've never experienced a feral/wild boar.
>>
>>7055139
Now make it so the cage glows red hot and cooks them
>>
File: wild boar.jpg (28 KB, 369x260) Image search: [Google]
wild boar.jpg
28 KB, 369x260
>>7054787
Fuck you anon.
>>
>>7058501

>wild boar isn't good.

hmm.
>>
>>7054763
All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others. So we eat them.

I am a powerful fucking animal.
>>
>>7055887
That's like saying a wolf and a dog are the same because they're the same species.

Actually, aren't pigs and boars in different species now, or are they still a subspecies?
>>
>>7058632

Wolves and dogs are the same.

One is domesticated, one isn't.

Here, watch some livestream from this preserve a few miles north from where I live.

http://nywolf.org/wolf-cam/ambassador-wolf-atka/enclosure
>>
>>7054787
>pigs
>cute
yeah when they're first born maybe.
>>
Pigs are tasty.
>>
>>7058628
I had gulasch made with boar once, it was amazing. I would absolutely eat it again given the chance.
>>
>>7058637
god youre dumb evolution has branched those species far the fuck out from there common ancestors a domesticated wolf is nothing like a domesticaded dog and a ferile dog is nothing like a ferile worlf
>>
>>7058745

I have a hybrid as a pet. There is no breeding that wild instinct out. Literally the only reason I joined this conversation. If a wolf and Malamute can breed, then they're both dogs.

>HERRDERR YER WRONG HERRRRRRR

K.

:^)
>>
>>7054763
because fuck the jews
>>
File: 288376377383-1.jpg (39 KB, 238x235) Image search: [Google]
288376377383-1.jpg
39 KB, 238x235
>>7058745

>both hunt in packs
>both create, modify and sleep in dens
>have alpha/omega structure
>can interbreed

Yup yup, nothing alike.
>>
File: cool beans.png (149 KB, 307x425) Image search: [Google]
cool beans.png
149 KB, 307x425
>>7058745
This has nothing to do with evolution. It's selective breeding.
>>
>>7058822
Technically that's a form of evolution
>>
File: 1411498400463.jpg (8 KB, 228x218) Image search: [Google]
1411498400463.jpg
8 KB, 228x218
>>7058745
>spouts nonsense and blatant lies
>spelling errors everywhere
>god youre dumb
>>
>>7058783
human monkeys ect argument
similarities but not the same
>>7058822
evolution google the definition
>>
>>7058830
You're comparing millions of years of evolution to a little bit of selective breeding. Don't' do this.
>>
>>7058829
>lies
>>
File: Michi pig.jpg (127 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Michi pig.jpg
127 KB, 640x480
>>7055849
>There are packs of wild hogs in Texas so vast the farmers protecting their crops need automatic weaponry to thin out the herd and save their livelihood.

Michigan's DNR is so freaked out by feral pigs / wild boars, that you can legally hunt them all year round, day or night, with any kinda hunting license or just a CPL.

Personally, still haven't seen a singe one or even signs of any piggies running around but I'd rather bag me a wild pig then a deer.

Rules for Shooting Feral Swine

Is it legal to take feral swine?
Yes, if you are legally hunting game during an open season (of any type) and see a feral swine you may pursue that animal if you wish, following all the regulations of the open season which you are hunting. (Please note: There is an open season of some species 365 days of the year.) For open seasons and regulations, please view the most current Michigan Hunting and Trapping Digest.

When can I legally shoot a feral swine?
Any time during regular hunting hours and when actively night-hunting raccoon, opossum, fox and coyote. (Please be sure to follow all day and night hunting regulations for the season in which you are hunting game. Refer to the current Michigan Hunting and Trapping Digest for details.)

What type of hunting license do I need to pursue feral swine?
Any type of valid hunting license or a concealed pistol permit is needed on public property. Possession of either of these allows the holder to be in legal possession of the firearm associated with the license or permit on public land.
>>
>>7058745
>>7058790
samefag?
>>
>>7058834
yes our roots are deeper but you get the point anywho arguing with an anons pointless youre a fucking tard
>>
>>7058845
Have you been drinking?
>>
>>7058840
>>7058849
yes :3
>>
>>7058849
glug glug clink Senpai u know what im saying
>>
>>7055890
i also posted this explaining why we eat pigs and not dogs
>>
>>7054793
>PETA killed Michael Clark Duncan

What? No way! The guy literally survives armageddon, only to be killed by vegetables...
>>
>>7056080
You clearly never owned a dog.
>>
>>62615759
I don't eat animals or animal products because I celebrate cuteness. This place would be more fun if there were a bit more people who also preferred a plant based diet.
>>
>>7054763
Why would you even eat an animal. Not to be all activist about it but the industry's cruel and unnecessary. We're destroying our planet and atmosphere due to over-manufactured livestock. We're healthier without them. It's pretty stupid.
>>
>>7054787
Because dogs actually had a use? Like hunting and guarding.
>>
File: Doner Kebab.jpg (57 KB, 615x409) Image search: [Google]
Doner Kebab.jpg
57 KB, 615x409
>>7061795
How is that NOT cute and DELICIOUS?
>>
>>7054840
What were the actual unbiased cause of his death? Was there an actual autopsy we could get a hold of? Did PETA have him killed, or did the switch in diet kill him?
>>
>>7061795
>i made this decision
>everyone should make this same decision

>humans are omnivores and natural predators
>human body requires nutrients from meat to be healthy
>everyone should be like me and lack these nutrients!

Yeah, no. Fuck off you pretentious cunt.
Besides, if everyone else did it you wouldn't be able to feel so special about it.
>>
>>7061817
>wouldn't be able to feel so special
That is where you would be wrong. They would become vegans that don't eat anything with a shadow.
>>
>>7061817
Everyone? I just meant more people on this board. I'd just love to share vegan recipes and such and learn about new ones. Why are meat eaters so defensive?
>>
>>7054763
Because if we don't, they'll eat us.
>>
>>7060499
I don't need to own a dog to have my life filled with their noise. I've lived near enough people who won't muzzle their retarded animals to know how loud they are.
>>
File: 1447038633323.jpg (137 KB, 803x688) Image search: [Google]
1447038633323.jpg
137 KB, 803x688
>>7054853
>except the squeal
>not being an audiovore
>>
>>7054787
>implying humans didn't/doesn't eat dogs
you just haven't been hungry enough yet to do it yourself
>>
>>7062244
Is that true?
>>
>>7054763
tasten gude desu senpai
>>
>>7055853
You don't want to eat boar. The testosterone they produce ruins the meat and makes it vile to try and eat.
>>
>>7054787
pigs are only cute when washed and tended to under happy conditions.
wild pigs are mean, ugly creatures that deserve murder.
and if you're gonna kill something, you might as well eat it.
>>
>>7064195
I've seen many pig eat many men. It was a bloodbath.
>>
>>7064312
So the only way to stop yourself from being eaten during the zombie apocalypse (from either zombies or cannibals) is to lift?
>>
>>7054853
rabbit is actually more efficient, but only became so in the last few hundred years when people actually domesticated them. hunting wild rabbit isn't.
>>
>>7064319
You can say the same about most any domesticated animal. Pigs make great pets honestly, smart too.
>>
>>7054763
Because they provide sustenance
>>
>>7064195
Yes. I've seen it.
>>
>>7054763
because we're not jewish and/or muslim.
>>
>>7054763
They are tasty, why else?
>>
File: 183ob861iy0ckjpg.jpg (41 KB, 636x358) Image search: [Google]
183ob861iy0ckjpg.jpg
41 KB, 636x358
pig.... cute... yeah....

imo these animals are filthy disgusting
THAT'S why I won't eat them
you are what you eat
>>
>>7054763
pigs..? cute?
Thread replies: 114
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.