[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what's the dealio with almond milk and coconut milk?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
File: almond-milk[1].jpg (569 KB, 849x1000) Image search: [Google]
almond-milk[1].jpg
569 KB, 849x1000
So what's the dealio with almond milk and coconut milk? Are they memes?
>>
>>7054015
Yes, rice milk is the one true milk
>>
>>7054015

>are they memes

This is already so old, and just a year ago you wouldn't even see the word "meme" posted on /ck/.

Yes, everything you see in your parents fridge and pantry is a meme. The things that people your age who moved out years ago are eating things that will trigger you so hard you shouldn't even be on /ck/.

You will literally die.
>>
>>7054062
Rice milk is so fucking delicious... It's got such a clean, refreshing flavor. Fuck, now I want rice milk.
>>
>>7054015
no it's not. i occasionally buy almond, rice, oat or coconut milk. they're nice alternatives to cow milk.
>>
>>7054015
Almond milk is an overpriced alternative to milk that a bunch of people think is healthier because of almonds even though almonds constitute some minimal percentage of the product. It's really just another variety of sugar water sometimes with added vitamins. Check the ingredients label sometime and you'll notice that the first ingredient is almond water (90+% water), followed by some form of sugar, emulsifiers, and maybe preservatives. Vitamins and salt might be in there as well.
Coconut milk is just the liquid from the coconut meat. I don't know if it's as diluted as almond water is.
Please stop asking if things are memes.
>>
>>7054015

Passe. Been over that shit for a decade.
>>
>>7054378
I forgot to mention that, sometimes it's not listed as almond water but almond milk but it's still 90+% water.
>>
>>7054380

Most edible liquids are, lad.

:^)
>>
>>7054381
Yes, but most people think it's the liquid extracted from pressing almonds rather than passing water through a slurry of crushed almonds.
>>
File: 32655554333.png (202 KB, 492x592) Image search: [Google]
32655554333.png
202 KB, 492x592
>>7054387

>most people don't think it be like it is but it do
>>
Nut water would be more accurate.
>>
>>7054076
>and just a year ago you wouldn't even see the word "meme"
lolling @ u newfag
>>
ever drink milk and think "it's good, but i wish there was more saturated fat and sugar in it"?

well have I got some good news for you
>>
i'm a relapsed /fitizen/ right now, not currently working out. Almond milk is the most popular "milk" in the bodybuilding/dieting spheres because you can get it in a sugar free variety, with minimal calories, and all the calcium and vitamins you're missing out from cow milk. You can use it in many cooking applications where cow milk used to be called for etc. Basically, it's a just a 'diet milk' for folks.

Coconut milk is fairly tasty but it's full of saturated fat, arguably worse than cow milk, and thus, besides the vegans, there's no reason why you should use it often over a skim milk. I myself buy a carton like once every month just to mix it up.

Never had rice milk.

Soy milk has a bad rap because there's a possibility that you get estrogen like compounds from it -- basically the /fit/ folks fear it will make you grow bitch tits. Again, I'll buy a vanilla carton every once in a while, it's tasty and the closest analog to cow milk (none of the other milks have proteins).
>>
>>7054015
Yes, everything is a meme.
>>
File: pkp fuck yeah.jpg (169 KB, 641x427) Image search: [Google]
pkp fuck yeah.jpg
169 KB, 641x427
>>7054378
>mfw when nut milks are cheaper than milk here.

God bless Quebec
>>
>>7054688

Does nut milk come in a bag too?
>>
>>7054015
All non-dairy milks are shit. At least compared to the OG milk.
I have tried several.

Coconut milk - tastes like water with coconut flavouring and a teaspoon of powdered milk added. Not good for anything except for drinks where you need coconut flavour.

Soy milk - again, tastes like water with maybe a spoon of powdered milk added. Similar to horchata if you've ever had that, but with more water. Pretty close to 0% milk. Wouldn't reccomend.

Almond milk. Out of all the bullshit milks, this is the best. It still sucks, but at least it is pretty close to the taste of 1% milk. Not bad but it has an unpleasant aftertaste and is still far inferior to milk with fat in it.
>>
File: wjANVCD.jpg (120 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
wjANVCD.jpg
120 KB, 500x333
>>7054697

Yea my ballbag.
>>
>>7054742
What does OG mean?
>>
>>7054803

It's ebonics, Google works for these matters.
>>
>>7054803
Original Gangster
>>
File: OG_GANGSTAS.png (2 MB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
OG_GANGSTAS.png
2 MB, 1080x1080
>>7055727

Look at how gangster the current MTV generation is, yall niggaz is scurry mayne.
>>
Its as much of a meme as this thread isn't reportable
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.