[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /ck/, I don't usually browse this board but I need your
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 7
File: plshelpmeidontknowwhatimdoing.jpg (52 KB, 602x501) Image search: [Google]
plshelpmeidontknowwhatimdoing.jpg
52 KB, 602x501
Hey /ck/, I don't usually browse this board but I need your advice!

My friend's birthday is coming up and I wanted to get her a bottle of wine. I learned that her favorite is Riesling, but I don't know what brand. I know that she prefers sweet over dry.

So what brand do you consider the best, or above par? Any and all advice is helpful! Money isn't an issue, I just want her to like what I get her
>>
>her favorite is riesling
>i know that she prefers sweet over dry

When a girl says this it means she isn't really that into wine, so don't spend too much; she won't know the difference.

As for brands it all depends on what's available to you. Go to a decent liquor store (or even just a wine shop) and when someone asks if you need help, just repeat what you said in the OP and your price range.

People at nicer liquor stores are actually knowledgeable about what they sell, and can make recommendations.
>>
I had a reisling under 5 bucks at aldi's that was thoroughly okay. Get her 10 of those and waggle your dick at her.
>>
>>7053718
For Riesling just get something for Alsace and you will be fine.
>>
>>7053718
Based on what you said, just get yellowtail and she'll be happy
>>
File: large-JJ Prum Ze So Mo Sp 07.jpg (91 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
large-JJ Prum Ze So Mo Sp 07.jpg
91 KB, 600x600
>>7053718

This right here is what you're looking for. If you can pick one up from the 90's do it, riesling is great after resting a while. If not, I have a couple of bottles of 2010 right now that are excellent.
>>
>>7054190
Will be completely lost on her and a waste of OP's money
>>
File: IMG_20150817_195135.210.jpg (277 KB, 1944x2592) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150817_195135.210.jpg
277 KB, 1944x2592
>>7054219

You may be correct though he said money isn't an issue and he wants her to like it. A younger vintage won't be more than $35 and if she enjoys Rieslings she will appreciate it, even if she doesn't know much about them.
>>
>>7053718

Sweet or dry Riesling?
>>
>>7054190
Literally pearls before swine
Yes I mad
>>
>>7053718
>I know that she prefers sweet over dry.
Absolutely disgusting.
There are vines that are supposed to be sweet, but Riesling is not one of them.
Just gift her a can of Rum+coke or baccardi breezer, or some other sweet shit for people that just want to get drunk quickly without tasting anything.

But if you seriously want to get her something good, and maybe have her learn something, I am usually extremely with Anselmann
>http://www.weingut-anselmann.de/1.0.html?L=1
>>
>>7054474
>extremely
satisfied
>>
put two fingers in her vagina and gently tongue her clit. do circles around its perimeter and occasionally blow cool air on her vagina
>>
>>7054474
Self-hating german detected

You know most of the world has forgotten about your 1970s Liebfraumilch, you don't need to pretend to hate sweet stuff to impress us.

Remember: if Austria can move past the antifreeze, you can too.

Sincerely,

Rest of World
>>
>>7053718
If she's into sweet riesling, give her some Gewurztraminer. It's a pretty nice dessert wine, goes well with munster cheese, fondue etc. Won't be too expensive and she might even get a new favorite, as it's pretty much a chick wine.
> inb4 "Gewurztraminer? I hardly know her!"
>>
File: 1359263367597.png (57 KB, 919x737) Image search: [Google]
1359263367597.png
57 KB, 919x737
>>7053718
>fine wine of australia
products that don't exist
>>
Hogue late harvest Riesling is sweet and easy to drink. Its about $11 and you can probably find it at a supermarket.

If you want something on the sweet side look for the words late harvest or Spatlese on bottles of German wines like Riesling or Gerwurtztraminer.

Washington makes some good Rieslings and it would be cheaper than a German import.
>>
>>7056177
If you're hellbent on american riesling at least get NY riesling, I mean it's not like the extra 10 bucks is that much money

Either wiemer or frank would be a solid choice
>>
>>7056207

I've heard about New York wine but I've never tried or seen any, it's simply not available in my area but Washington wines are.
>>
>>7053734
/thread
>>
File: 20140831-featured-riesling.jpg (176 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
20140831-featured-riesling.jpg
176 KB, 550x550
I've been into picrel lately.
Costs around $9 here in Flyover, VE
>>
>>7057945
VE?
>>
>>7053718
>I know that she prefers sweet over dry.
No shit, dumbass. That's why she likes riesling. Get her some dumb biddy $8 bottle, and she'll love you forever.
>>
>>7056261
New York has a fairly cool climate, so as far as wine is concerned, we are pretty similar to Alsace or Germany. Mainly you will hear about Riesling from the Finger Lakes.
>>
I may be a pleb but I won a competition to go to a wine tasting and I tried wine which was £5000 a bottle and it tasted the same as a £10 bottle imo
>>
>>7059287
That's because you're a pleb without a palate
>>
Wine is like Modern art. A lot of pretentious people talking shit.

Time after time in blind taste testing, so called wine 'experts' fail to recognize the difference between wines.
>>
>>7059287
Nice things are a scam. If you take a bunch of so-called experts and give them wine that has been pre-boiled and then mixed with purple drank and poured over ice, they will literally guess the wrong kind of wine it came from
>>
>>7055592
Great idea. Better yet, buy her her precious Riesling, then whip out the Gewurztraminer and cheese, tell her you got something special and a little different just for her. Let her eat and drink, then unzip.
>>
>>7059312

Time after time in blind taste testing wine experts also are able to correctly name wines by varietal, vintage and estate.

Wine experts are not perfect and will frequently make mistakes but its hardly an Emperor's New Clothes scenario.
>>
>>7059315

Well no shit, if you took flat Pepsi mixed it with cider and served it to me hot I probably wouldn't be able to identify it either. That doesn't mean Pepsi doesn't have a distinct, recognizable flavor it just means if you process it and serve it to me in an unconventional manner I wouldn't know what the hell it is.
>>
>>7053718
kek you're friendzoned, aren't you?
>>
>>7059287
>£5000 a bottle

No, you didn't. There aren't many bottles at that price level and no one is going to open one for some dumbass plebs with no tastebuds.
>>
>>7059944
Yes, I did. As I said, I won a competition, it was the main prize.
>>
>>7059312
Reminds me of that time Heston Blumanthal served carbonated Blue Nun and people preferred it to high quality chanpagne, top kekkers
>>
>>7053718
If she prefers a sweet Riesling, you want either a Spatlese or Auslese (those are types of Rieslings). The Auslese is sweeter, almost like a dessert wine, and should be drunk before or after dinner, not with it.
Personally, if I were picking a Reisling, I'd get a Piesporter Reisling to drink with dinner.
Since most Rieslings (even the very good producers) aren't very expensive, you could get one of each. A Spatlese for before dinner, Piesporter with dinner, and Auslese for after dinner.
>>
>>7059981

yeh nah
>>
>>7059991
Well okay you can deny it if you like but it did happen so :/
>>
>>7057945
That must be the ugliest bottle of wine I've ever seen.
>>
>>7055621
>Australia
>smaller population than New York State and New Jersey added together
>4th biggest wine exporter in the world

Must be doing something right, fggt
>>
>>7059986
Champagne is dry and yeasty
Blue Nun is sweet
It's no mystery why "people" liked the blue nun more
Why do plebs pretend to like champagne?
>>
>>7060338

>champagne is dry and yeasty

Yes...brut champagne is, demi-sec, sec and doux champagnes aren't though.
>>
>>7060054
I bought some Australian shiraz recently and was pretty happy with it.
>>
>>7060374

Shiraz is best from Chile, Australia and New Zealand have the world's best sauvignon blanc though.

Cloudy Bay SB is God-tier.
>>
>>7060382
>NZ sauv blanc
>>
>>7053718
why do australian wines taste to me like grape juice mixed with vodka
>>
You're lookin for an easy out so here are some nice Rieslings.
Pewesy Valley, Skillogallee and Pikes. Find one of those and you're set
>>
>>7055621
Look at this guy who knows nothing about wine!
>>
>>7060482
>australian detected
>>
>>7060485
Actually work at the winery from the bottle OP posted. so yah w/e
>>
>>7053718
dont get anything from poopeeland, they really make the shittiest wine known the man
>>
>>7060456
Because they figured out that people who don't like wine actually do like boozy grape jam. Hence why all Aussie wine tastes the same. Hence why people who don't wine (but sometimes drink Aussie wine to "be classy") think all wine is the same and nice things are a scam. Real wine has flavors they're not really keen on. It's basically the Wisconsin cheese of wine.
>>
>>7060497
>winery
Sounds classy.
>>
>>7059821
>what is sarcasm
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.