[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Crawfish
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: Crawfish.jpg (149 KB, 500x334) Image search: [Google]
Crawfish.jpg
149 KB, 500x334
Hi /ck/

I impulse bought a pound of crawfish today. Wtf do I do with them? I was looking at a crawfish potato soup (http://allrecipes.com/recipe/83693/crawfish-potato-soup/?internalSource=recipe%20hub&referringId=15869&referringContentType=recipe%20hub) But I have never worked with crawdads before. Do I just throw them in whole? Should I try to shell them, or take their little heads off? Halp.
>>
Recipe I posted says "shelled tails", but I've only ever seen crawfish cooked in the shell, hence my confusion.
>>
>>7053685
Are they dead or alive?
>>
Louisiana here.

I am ashamed of you.
>boil big ass pot of water
>add tonies or the hottest shit you have on hand
>add whole ears of corn ad red orators
Boil until potatoes are soft
>remove tail from head with twisting pulling motion
>suck the innards from head
>peel the tail meat
>eat
>drink beer
>repeat for a week
>>
>>7053714
>orators
preachers or secular orators?
>>
>>7053714
But are they still good if already dead?
Asking because I heard they're horrible unless you get them live, then cook
Or is that exaggerated?
Let me know, because I love crawdads and would like to make some soon
>>
>>7053720
Ha I'm fucking dying
>>
>>7053724
>>7053724
You can tell the difference you just gotta make them spicer.

The real deal is don't eat any with the tail already flat. They were dead before they were cooked.
>>
>>7053706
I assume very dead, since they're frozen solid.
>>7053714
Okay. Boil, then peel and add to soup?
>>
Australia here
We have some very similar varieties of shellfish here. The best are marron (pic related), and there are smaller varieties like yabbies and cernacks.
Generally, we just boil them in salted water and serve with vinegar, or half them, cover them in garlic butter and cook them on a bbq.
Another thing we do is take the half cooked meat out of the tails and add it to a light pasta sauce made with lots of cherry tomatoes and chili
>>
>>7053826
Man I want to eat that poor little guy so bad...
>>
>>7053826
I fucking lose my shit over a good morton bay bug. Best way to eat it is slow poached in clarified butter.
>>
>>7053826
other louisiana here, we are coming for your shellfish
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (208 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
208 KB, 1280x720
>>7053871
you can have as many yabbies as you want, just leave the marron
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.