[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how do you hide your msg? I have mine in a jar mixed with pepper
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: MSG-is-dangerous.jpg (164 KB, 620x396) Image search: [Google]
MSG-is-dangerous.jpg
164 KB, 620x396
how do you hide your msg?

I have mine in a jar mixed with pepper in 30:1 ratio
>>
>>7053620

Would you die if you just ate spoonfuls of that shit?
>>
>>7053631
it would be extremely painful
>>
>japanese use msg all the time and throw it around as innovation and umami!
>americans fear mongered into believing msg is bad for you because salt companies lobby shitty research against it
>>
>>7053637
for you
>>
>2015
>being scared of msg
>>
>>7053620

Around the year 2000 someone with asthma had a severe attack and they think it was the MSG in the food.

Since then MSG is now considered to be on par with eating cyanide.

> remembers when the greatest minds were telling us that peanut butter gave you cancer.
>>
I keep a bottle of accent in my cabinet with the rest of my spices and sauces.

Get a kick out of telling people I keep a bottle of MSG at home.
>>
can someone explain this to me though
do you use it in addition to salt or in place of salt?

>tfw its impossible to find a chinese takeout place that still uses the stuff
>>
>>7053638
>>japanese use msg all the time and throw it around as innovation and umami!

MSG is derived from the fish sauces that "umami" references
>>
>>7053679
sugar > sweet
salt > salty
MSG > savory/umami
>>
>>7053710
I think the MSG is what's missing from the red lobster cheddar bay biscuits, they used to be so good but now they are just bread
>>
>>7053679
In addition to salt. You just throw a pinch in when you're cooking, pairs brilliantly with soy sauce.
>>
I have both a bottle of good ol' accent and a few seasoning salts with msg. Msg is wonderful and irreplaceable in many applications.
>>
>tfw it's impossibly hard to get proper msg over here because of all the bullshit made up about it and because of amerifat hysteria about it made it all the way to europe as well

fuck
sometimes I just want an easy way to add nice savory flavor without trying to balance salt and everything else
>>
what would happen if I replace all my salt with msg instead
>>
>>7054107
All your food would be underseasoned and taste like shit.
>>
>>7054107
You would have msg instead of salt. I'm good at answering these types of questions. I have a four year old nephew.
>>
What's a good alternative umami seasoning?
MSG is kinda hard to get around here.
>>
>>7054150
It's not hard to get around there.
>>
>>7054152
So then I should be there and not here?
>>
>>7054154
Just as long as you're not nowhere.
>>
>>7053765
Try asian markets. They have enough sense not to fall for that lying media hipster bullshit and they usually have better prices on things anyway, especially fresh produce.
>>
You can get some kind of MSG product everywhere.

In Germany they hide it in general purpose spice mixes and sauces.
>>
>>7053638
He doesn't know about excitotoxins.
>>
File: bestt_impex-4026.jpg (276 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
bestt_impex-4026.jpg
276 KB, 600x900
>>7054150
Try looking for something called Maggi seasoning. It's similar to soy sauce but with more concentrated umami flavor, and you use it in smaller amounts. Also it changed the way I eat eggs forever, I almost cannot eat eggs without it.
>>
Ve-tsin
>>
>friend say she's deadly allergic to msg so she and her family dont eat at Asian restaurants
>go over to her house
>she uses Accent Seasoning in all her cooking
>tells me its a great seasoning
>>
File: 50b1f895afa96f5a5e000003.jpg (21 KB, 400x323) Image search: [Google]
50b1f895afa96f5a5e000003.jpg
21 KB, 400x323
>>7054376
>umami
>flavor
>>
>>7053638
Japanese don't use MSG, they use glutamates in kelp and dried fermented fish.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.