[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's better and why? Mexican American food, Asian American
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 6
File: american.jpg (511 KB, 1117x500) Image search: [Google]
american.jpg
511 KB, 1117x500
What's better and why?

Mexican American food, Asian American food, or Italian American food?
>>
Mexican American food because that's what I like best.

"Chinese" food gets old and Italian American is the same sauce and pasta 100 different ways
>>
Out of those three, Chinese is the most diverse and closest to its roots.
>>
>>7052669
I could eat Chinese-American food everyday and not feel like I'm dying.

Most places will steam the vegetables and meat, toss it in a light sauce, and serve with steamed rice. Steamed dumplings are good, too. Not everything has to be fried.
>>
>>7052669

The Asian approach is better IMO, as it always includes a high percentage of vegetables, and you can mix and match proteins and spices with ease.

The Mezkin and Italian foods are alright, but they're usually more fat heavy.
>>
>>7052669
None. All fucked up versions of originals
>>
File: example.png (65 KB, 427x278) Image search: [Google]
example.png
65 KB, 427x278
>>7054327
Someone went to Tiajuana and enjoyed their bland bullshit street food.
>>
italian food
'ta and 'za are simply divine
>>
>>7052669
marry, fuck, kill
>>
>>7052669
While I prefer Italian or Mexican over Asian, the -American equivalents, Asian-American wins.
>>
Mex Amer but only when way less Americanized than that picture.
>>
>>7054333
>being this obsessed with Mexicans
>>
>>7052689
Mexican American food is also the same thing 100 different ways. Chinese food at least has a lot of different things. Only similarity between all is rice
>>
>>7052669
I like straight up Mexican food. Not a fan of Mexican-American for whatever reason. Asian-American food is my jam, though.
>>
mexican american
because while chinese and italian american food are as good as the traditional authentic stuff
the mexican american blows the traditional authentic stuff the fuck out
>>
Pointless thread, but another vote for Asian.
It seems like you mean Panda Express type fast food, but Asia proper includes many excellent cuisines... many flavors of Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Thai, Filipino, Vietnamese, Indian, and others. No contest.
>>
>>7055106
>>7055106
Mexican is much better than tex mex and has much much more variety. This is why all the top chefs praise Mexican and why no one gives a shit about tex mex whenit comes to regional american cuisine
>>
asian american by far

mexican american and italian american are both poor imitations of their authentic versions

asian american is way better than actual asian food
>>
>>7052669
>cook food
>add cumin
>you now have tex mex food
Voila!
>>
>>7055147
mexican food can only be made in professional kitchens. The masses in mexico are too poor to actually contribute anything of value to the culinary world
>>
>>7055204
Nothing you said correlates with my post. Mexican food is superior food as tex mex a one dimensional pile of shit. Plus there are many Mexican restaurants in the top 50 restaurants, so get with the times
>>
File: extralarge.jpg (287 KB, 620x413) Image search: [Google]
extralarge.jpg
287 KB, 620x413
>>7052669
deutsch american
>>
>>7055204
You realize even Mexican street food is praised right? Also, Mexico does have professional kitchens. Go back to masturbating to trump.
>>
File: 1444425750731.jpg (29 KB, 600x375) Image search: [Google]
1444425750731.jpg
29 KB, 600x375
>>7055147
>mexican food has more variety than a subset of mexican food.
>>
>>7055243
>Mexican street food is praised
By whitemerican yuppie cunts who want to seem more worldly.
>>
>>7055084
>Mexican American food is also the same thing 100 different ways
Only if you're in the north or, like, serious flyover iowa
>>
>>7055259
Nah even the best chef in the world is a kek for it.

http://www.phaidon.com/agenda/food/articles/2014/september/15/why-rene-redzepi-says-mexico-is-the-next-big-thing/
>>
>>7055084
American Chinese food consists mostly of: fry it, add flavorful syrup or oil. There are dishes that don't fit that description, but the same goes for American Mexican food and the fundamentals there.
>>
>>7055511
Italian food is 99% mix and matches of water, flour, eggs, tomatoes, basil. and cheese.
>>
>>7052669
Should stop calling it nationality food and start categorizing food by their main ingredients/spices.
>>
>>7055270
>best chef in the world

according to who?
>>
lol white people trying to appropriate food because they don’t have their own culture
>>
>>7056126
Hi there, reddit.
>>
>>7056126
>these tacos are mexican food
>>no they're not they're american as fuck, real mexicans would never make something like that
>okay, they're american mexican food
>>fucking white people leave my mexican food alone!

Uh huh...
>>>/t/umblr
>>>/r/eported
>>
>>7052669
I could eat stuff like osso buco, chicken vesuvio, and pesto or alfredo all fucking day. Italian american is more varied and more like a real cuisine than chinese take out crap or enchilada/burritos
>>
>>7056126
Our culture is conquering weaker cultures.
Plus Italians are white you whopper.
>>
>>7056582
Kek. So true.
>>
>>7052669
Cajun/creole Italian should be on the list. Literally nothing compares to a good shrimp Alfredo in a dark, cozy New Orleans italian restaurant
>>
>Mexican American
Hard shell tacos
Burritos
Nachos
Enchiladas
Fajitas
Flour tortillas
Ground beef
Quesadillas
Refried beans
Guacamole
Chimichangas
Salsa

>Italian
Spaghetti and meatballs
Pizza
Lasagna
Pasta
Ciabatta bread
Garlic bread
Calzones
Carbonara
Connolis
Italian ice
Italian Beef

>Chinese
Orange Chicken
Beef and Broccoli
Sweet and Sour Pork
Fried rice
Steamed rice
Egg rolls
Wonton soup
Fortune cookies
Chow mein
Chop suey
Sesame Chicken
Tea

Chinese >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Italian > Mexican
>>
>>7052669
easily american mexican food, and the only reason is because it contains on average more vegetables and fiber.

viva la bean.
>>
clearly Italian

Mexican food is all basically the same shit presented differently
>>
>another american thread
>americans in charge of talking about america and excluding everyone else
>>
>>7056638
Nothing is stopping yuropoors from creating threads
>>
>>7056638
USA is literally the only country worth talking about
>>
>>7052669
I'm biased because I have a Chinese girlfriend but Chinese-[insert country here] food is pretty goddamn crazy. They can cook just about anything and make it delicious and load it to hell and back with veggies.
Mexican food is alright but I haven't had a large diversity of options to really comment.
Italian food can be great every so often but eating it all the time can make it stale. I need to learn my grandma's recipes before she kicks the bucket. My god all that Italian in her makes her a hell of a cook.
>>
>>7056643
>I have a Chinese girlfriend
I hope for your health that she doesn't cook for you
>>
>>7056678
We cook together actually. Not sure what the problem is.
>>
>>7056703
Chinese girls can't cook because their parents spoil them. If yours can cook then congrats you got yourself a shiny pokemon.
>>
>mexican american
same ingredients packaged in a different way.

>italian american
same ingredients packaged in a different way

>chinese american
actually different, large variety of ingredients
>>
>>7056582
>Italians are white
hahahaha good one
>>
>>7052669
Eh, I suppose it's a tie between mexican and asian. Italian american food sucks.
>>
File: 1160955190033.jpg (16 KB, 360x288) Image search: [Google]
1160955190033.jpg
16 KB, 360x288
>>7056638

>living in an irrelevant third world shithole loaded with syrians
>>
>>7055241
my
DICK
>>
>>7056728

cat and dog is not a large variety
>>
>>7058868
Yeah, I remember the first time I surfed the chan after drinking a beer
>>
>>7057231
Hey now there are a few white northern Italians.
>>
>>7058913

good one faggot.

oh wait, no it wasn't
>>
You really should have just said, "Chinese American food", because there are plenty of different Asian restaurants in the US, but you're probably thinking about how most places just serve Americanized Chinese food.

Yeah, you can get authentic versions of all three everywhere, but the first thing I think of when I think of Asian food is sushi places. Even the ones that don't serve stupidly large, complicated rolls, slathered with 3 different sauces are still Americanized. Sushi would be the only real answer, but it doesn't sound like that's what's being asked.

Shitty pizza was also a dumb thing to post, because Americanized Italian food is actually a thing - sometimes very good - and most people wouldn't even consider pizza Italian-American food.

Then you post hard shell tacos...

Mexican American food is tex-mex. Hard shell tacos are what white trash eat on taco Tuesdays. The only real answer is tex-mex, followed by Italian-American, with generic Chinese American food coming up dead last.
>>
>>7052669
Adding American to the end of everything

>falling for this bait
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.