[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are you eating on payday? What are you eating the day before
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 12
File: payday.jpg (55 KB, 500x498) Image search: [Google]
payday.jpg
55 KB, 500x498
What are you eating on payday? What are you eating the day before payday?
>>
>>7052269

Poverty: the post.
>>
No difference, as I can manage my finances and don't live from paycheck to paycheck.
Oh, maybe I'll pick up some nice smoked salmon on payday, but I often do it just before payday as well.
>>
>>7052269
There's no difference. In fact, sometimes I forget to deposit my paycheck until I get the next one.
>>
>>7052277
same as this guy

its a matter of never splurging. that way you also never go hungry.
>>
>>7052269
>What are you eating on payday?

Food

>What are you eating the day before payday?

Food

I'm unemployed right now but I was in a £100 a head steakhouse on Tuesday night. Very nice it was, too.
>>
Dude, I make $11/hour and my bank account goes up every month.

Stop wasting your money on pot and fast food and maybe you wont have to live paycheck to paycheck.
>>
I hate people who do this. This one landwhale at my work was complaining about how she had 18 dollars in her account when she eats Chick-fil-a EVERY fucking day, or Chipotle, and also I saw her grab THREE frozen dinners, a lemonade, and a soda for one meal. I couldn't believe she ate it all but I saw all 3 boxes in the trash later
>>
>>7052277
>>7052283

You can see the same thing happen around tax season. Everyone gets nigger-rich and the ghetto all the sudden is filled with new Jordans and everyone has the newest iPhone or Laptop.

Poor people are poor because they're stupid. In the developed world, with access to the Internet and unlimited free training/education...poverty is a choice.

It's also scientifically proven that children raised in poverty have lower IQ's than normal people.
>>
>>7052289
>In the developed world, with access to the Internet and unlimited free training/education...poverty is a choice.

this is absolutely true. one example, the local library has every programming/networking manual you would need to learn a valuable skill and get a good job. for free.
>>
>>7052269
>living paycheck to paycheck

No thanks, I have a real job.
>>
>>7052332
Assuming you've had a meal, a good night's rest, and no health problems.

Otherwise I agree. You have to satisfy your human needs before you can sit down and learn a skill.
>>
>>7052332
I just imagined a ghetto nigger walking into something like Google's office, going "Yo man, hire me, I know all that shit you need. Read it in the library."
>>
File: 2014-05-03 20.27.56.jpg (755 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
2014-05-03 20.27.56.jpg
755 KB, 1280x960
>>7052338

Plenty of terminally ill, handicapped and mentally retarded complete higher education.

Absolutely no excuse in the modern world when someone has Internet access.
>>
>>7052343
Please don't make fun of people who play college football.
>>
>>7052342
See
>>7052343

Google hires people based on experience, not credentials. If you can code well and prove it they'll give you a job.

Plenty of convicted felons in their employee roster.
>>
File: 2014-04-10 17.25.48.jpg (545 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
2014-04-10 17.25.48.jpg
545 KB, 1280x960
>>7052345

>ebin "I get pikked on in cowege" meme

Why do you hate athletic people?
>>
>>7052342
tech changes so fast tons of people who simply know the latest code get high paying jobs

its that simple
>>
>>7052342

Most really great hackers got started when they were like 12 sloughing through K&R and just playing with shit around the house.
>>
>>7052349

Look at the quality of people working with Salesforce.

My step-sister is a land whale of epic proportions, no prior coding knowledge at all, learned Salesforce, makes $188,000yr now.

Knowledge is power. Education is the key to the doorway of success.
>>
>>7052353
Damn, really. Well there you go.
>>
>>7052354

Yes.
>>
>>7052358
Your sister is going to be like "WTF is going on with my profile views"
>>
>>7052335
For now
>>
I make 11 dollars an hour as well and attend school full time. I manage to eat well when I want to, but sometimes I choose to eat on the cheaper side if I want to do something that involves money later.
>>
>>7052371

She's a good teacher, she'd probably teach anyone who asked her about salesforce. If my bakery didn't make 3x what she does per year and ended up failing that was my "back up" plan for life.
>>
Right now it doesn't make a difference since I make more money now.

But, when I had a retail job I would stock the pantry with pasta and stuff. That was my emergency stretching food. If I wanted to treat myself I'd buy chicken and cook it. Or get Chinese.
>>
>>7052374
That's why you save money and don't go deep into debt.
>>
>>7052381
>muh bakery
you still trying to promote that place anon?
>>
>>7052269
>I have no money management skills
>I am the 99%
>>
>>7052269
When food stamps came in I ate celery with peanut butter and sugar freeze chocolate chips, sliced turkey, cottage cheese, frozen berries, yogurt, and brotein powder. The day before that was brutal. Some strange ass texmex broccoli stir-fry.

I normally budget pretty well and don't suffer the last few days like that, but a friend was in need and I bought them groceries.
>>
>>7052343
>Plenty of terminally ill, handicapped and mentally retarded complete higher education.

You mean the people who get government assistance?
>>
>Living paycheck to paycheck.
Poor people are hilarious.
>>
>>7052741
That's no way to refer to our brave veterans.
>>
File: 1415393893440.png (256 KB, 476x477) Image search: [Google]
1415393893440.png
256 KB, 476x477
why are there so many retards that are shit with money? fucking normies
>>
samefag all over this thread
>>
>>7052860
>I don't know what those numbers in the bottom right mean
>>
>>7052843

Don't forget to wear your poppy you coward.
>>
I love it when people tell me how much money they have and how they can afford anything when they

>have a house payment/pay rent
>have a car payment
>student debt
>receive an hourly wage
>no savings or retirement fund
>>
File: 13.jpg (38 KB, 131x200) Image search: [Google]
13.jpg
38 KB, 131x200
>>7052913

>People teasing me for being a stickler when they're horribly in debt and only surviving due to welfare
>>
>>7052399
>implying I want a bunch of dindus and poo in loos from 4chan walking into my bakery and scaring off the real customers
You sound like a woman
>>
>>7052399

Promoting would involve name dropping. Coding is a hobby, baking is my bread and butter. (No pun intended).
>>
>>7052913

>I went to college
>My job doesn't pay a livable wage.

Art student or "hugs n' kisses" psych major spotted.

:^)
>>
>>7053313
bullshit you 100% intended that pun
>>
>>7052381
No shit Anon I'm 19 but if you can legit bring in six figs or higher with training in salesforce or whatever I'll hop on that shit today. Makes for good money if my comp. Eng. degree doesn't work out.
>>
>>7052272
>implying you aren't middle class like the rest of us
>>
>>7053480

Salesforce is still in its infancy, learn it...it's literally the future. Every fortune 500 company uses it.
>>
>>7053480
Be aware that she probably lives where the cost of living is ridiculously high. It's arguably better to earn $90k outside Silicon Valley than $130k inside it.
>>
>>7052346
>Plenty of convicted felons in their employee roster.

citation needed.
>>
I was one of them a few years ago. Trying to live paycheck to paycheck and always at the end before pay day wondering how I am getting to my job as I was nearly out of gas and trying to scrounge up change to make it there. Eating shitty ramen and frozen vegetables and hating it. One day I sat down and looked at what I make and wrote down where it all goes going off of my bank statement. It's the little shit that kills you mostly. Oh it's just a bottle of water. Just a burger. Just this. Just that. That shit adds up quick and when you see 100 different "little things" on your statement and add them up you realize it. You can blow everything that should be going to savings just on little shit that you don't even need. So I stopped. Now I have plenty of money all the time and my accounts are never near empty and they keep growing and growing and I too, like the one guy said basically, don't even notice pay day. I have direct deposit so no paycheck to forget about, but I'm not sitting there waiting on the minute it hits so I can go eat or anything. The little things add up. There is good debt and bad debt. Helping out others will defeat you in the end because they hardly ever pay you back or appreciate it. If you have a credit card and make only minimum payments each month yet the balance goes higher and higher you are losing to the system and making them rich while ruining any credit you had and going further into debt. Live within your means. If you make $12 an hour don't get a 11% interest car loan on a $45k vehicle just because they say they will give it to you. You will lose it in the end or your friends and family by trying to slave away just to have it and not ever be in it hardly.
>>
>>7052269
>be a bachelor
>make 85k a year
>own my apartment, so no rent
>don't have a lot of expenses since I don't own a car
I literally can not eat that much. I do eat out every day at a dim sum place across from where I would though. It's pretty good.
>>
>>7053515
>>7053528

Any specific starting point? Current predicament with me is here:

>>>/fit/34825893

If you aren't bullshitting I legitimately will dump all my time into this like an autist.
>>
I can't afford to let a thread with even the possibility of a decent job die, /ck/.
>>
i eat like i'm impoverished even when i have money. never dine out, usually eat fast food, make a sandwich at home, eat at work because it's free.

although it's mostly because i pretty much am poor. making less than $15k a year above min wage working in food. i rarely feel the need to go out or buy nice things. don't even want to know how much i save annually by having that daily free lunch.
>>
Well I eat pretty good at home, just paying off 9k denbts to my line of credit slowly at about 4-500 dollars a month.

I spend about 180 bucks in food a month for me+1 other, but I shoplift a lot for things I dont need(cheese, deli meats).

Today I got home late so just made a PBJ and had some old chips and an orange juice, but during work I ate some chicken stir fry the veg guy made, it was aight.

For breakfast I had half a large can of soup with some fried perogies and bacon lardons as well as a folded in egg, that was pretty good.

I only make 16/h but after quitting smoking money hasn't been a problem at all. This is in canada too where food is actually expensive(people that complain about food prices in the states are out of their fucking minds).
>>
>>7052269

>that pic

wow nigga, you're poor.

oh wait nvm you're american, that's normal.
>>
>>7052281
where do you work ?
>>
File: 1426556216437.gif (1 MB, 250x233) Image search: [Google]
1426556216437.gif
1 MB, 250x233
>not have minimum $25k in the bank at any time for emergencies
>>
Bakeranon where'd you go pls tell me about how your sister got her job.
>>
There's never a difference. I don't live paycheck to paycheck. I probably should stop eating out so much, but meh.
>>
>>7054034
Not him, but here's a rough guide:
>be female
>live somewhere with a booming tech industry
>do some "intro to salesforce" courses
>git gud
>apply for a job as a consultant
>rake in cash

If male, replace "intro to salesforce" with "expert's guide to salesforce".
>>
>>7054123
Tech industry is nonexistent where I live. Well, if you exclude being the central operations location for FedEx, anyway.

But as a 19-year-old with no prospects, I'm not tied down. Also I wish that anon was here; there's like 50 different "courses" available online and different certifications quizzes, too. I'm curious.

Does she have a degree somewhere? Prior experience? I can study like crazy; I beat the school ACT record with like three days of prior study, I just need to know /what/ to study.
>>
>>7052272
This.

>>7052342
Then they go "What?"
And he hands over something listing him as active contributer to several FLOSS projects over 3-4 years.
I still find it funny how we live in a world where it can and do happen.
>>
>>7053740

She lives in the greater NYC area, lives like royalty regardless in Riverdale. Someone told her to learn about it, so she invested in manuals and trained herself and got her first job doing it "trial by fire" style.

She'd probably tell you to do the same, that's what she told me. I simply didn't have the time to dedicate towards learning Salesforce. It was my default backup for my life turning to shit and needing a lucrative asset.
>>
>>7054200

Salesforce can all be done remotely. She's been sick for weeks working from her bed and didn't use any "sick time" because it's a job that requires no "in office" time.

If you learn it very well, most companies pay a relocation fee...especially high end tech firms.
>>
>>7053557

Apple hires felons too....
>>
>>7052281
doesnt your pay go to your bank account?

Is a pay cheque a literal cheque from your employer?
>>
File: payday555.png (102 KB, 432x167) Image search: [Google]
payday555.png
102 KB, 432x167
>>7052269
>What are you eating the day before payday?
>>
>>7054313

People with liens on their earnings (dead beat dads, medical debt, credit card debt) get checks in physical form, as a bank is required to pay the full amount being asked from a collector. More often than not this includes every penny of earnings.

Having a physical check bypasses this process, as more legal processes need to happen to garnish directly from the employers payroll...or the accountants are too busy to file the paperwork.

A physical check means that poster has debt, no bank account and is protecting his earnings. Living the "cash only" lifestyle is rough. I did this as an illegal occupant in Ireland for 3 years before being caught and deported back to the USA to serve out a prison sentence. It was worth it.
>>
>>7054297
>>7054293
Yo if your sibling could be so kind as to say even just which certification she took exams for, that would mean a ton. thanks for the info so far /ck/bro.
>>
>>7054573

End User Training
End User Support
Configuration
Reporting as well as Dashboard Design
Process Design/Process Improvement
Story Writing
Solution Design
Requirements Gathering
Project Management
>>
>>7054577
Muchas gracias mi familia.
>>
>>7052269
who the fuck is getting 'value' meals from macdonalds. that crap is so expenseive and, quite frankly, not that good
>>
>>7054613

>$9 for one meal
>value

I hate poor and stupid people so much. Glad we agreed on something.
>>
>>7054608

got u fàm
>>
>>7052269

Waiting to eat something because you need money.... Damn... I didn't even do that when I made $8 an hour and lived alone. I feel bad for you. You should move desu or just not get a shit job. But to answer your question probably chinese, korean, or japanese or maybe even smashburger/in n out if im not feeling like sitting down. Weekends (after i get paid) I eat with friends so its whatever the vote is but usually one our favorite restaurant generally of the asian kind. Theres this placed called shimogamo I really love with great japanese food. Can look it up online or if you live in AZ you should go its pretty damn good. Its the only place I bought like half the menu and loved everything I ate. This is what i would eat after my paycheck if i got to choose.
>>
I eat the same thing no matter the time of month, because I know how to budget.
>>
>>7052269
>be freelance
>living every day under the idea that I'll be out of work the next day
>eat the same cheap things every single day
>recently been actually fantasizing about what I'm gonna eat when I get my first paychecks as a welder

Feels batman
>>
>>7053496
So being in middle class means you don't have enough money for food over an entire month now?
>>
>>7052288
$18 gets me ~3 weeks worth of lunch for work
>>
>>7054866
Haven't you been listening to Obama for the last 7 years? "Just getting by" in the middle class is the new American Dream (TM)

He's said that in several speeches, including his first State of the Union Address
>>
>>7055358
>>>/pol/
>>>/int/
>>>/his/
>>>/anywherebuthere/
>>
>>7055358
He never said just getting by was the American dream, ever.

Take your right-wing propaganda elsewhere.
>>
>>7052838
I have a coworker who I'm pretty sure makes at least $100k and he always celebrates payday like it's a big deal

Pretty sure he has a slight drug problem although I have a hard time imagining how much drugs he has to be taking for it to be a money issue
>>
>>7055783
Some peopel are fucking awful with their money, even when they make $100k.

At my last job, I had several friends that worked in sales making upwards of $80-90k/year. They still lived paycheck to paycheck because they pissed all their money away buying ridiculous shit they didn't need like new shoes every week, designer clothes, expensive jewelry, expensive cars, buying or leasing excessively expensive condos or houses, going out to eat literally every night to expensive restaurants, etc.

They would continually bitch and complain about how hard they worked and how they didn't get paid nearly enough to live on. It made me want to bash them in the face with a shovel.

Doesn't matter how much money someone makes if they're careless with it and waste it like a stupid child.
>>
>>7055776

Political parties are a divide & conquer tactic that clearly works in the USA.

Both of you faggots go back to your containment boards & grow thicker skin, the real world will eat you alive if you're this sissified irl.
>>
>>7055783
We have a couple of guys like this working in my department. The were IT rockstars in the 80s and blew it all on coke and speed. Took them all a a decade or two to unfuck their lives and now they're back to where they started minus the rockstar status.

>mfw I make more than all of their salaries combined and remain drug-free :3
>>
File: chloe44.jpg (461 KB, 1209x1920) Image search: [Google]
chloe44.jpg
461 KB, 1209x1920
>>7055793
>It made me want to bash them in the face with a shovel.

better to shoot them in the foot whilst wearing your cutest underpants
>>
>>7054681
Buy a large bag of rice as a backup survival system. Then you can eat better knowing you'll live if you miss a payday.

Bonus: get a bunch of kidney beans and you can complete your rice and beans with some cheap extras and have peace-time food instead of war-time food.
>>
>>7055801
>complains when people argue on 4chan
>grow thicker skin

hmm
>>
>>7055811
>thumb down grip
Yes, fucks yes
>>
>>7056194

It was a command, not a suggestion.
>>
>>7054632
One more question if you're still around; did she do the classes or just get the study guides? I can't find any free linked-relevant material aside from the study guides on their site (I'll look elsewhere, too) and it's like 10 grand total for all that stuff (And as mentioned way back in the original post, my parents ruined my credit and I can't possibly get loaned that much lol). I can try saving it up while in Uni, but job + uni + unrelated job training might fuck over one of the three.
>>
>>7056187
Does it make sense to freeze stock? Like, to make large batches of it and freeze some if you make a ton of soups.
>>
>>7057350

obviously yes

most home cooks make p weak stock tho
>>
>>7052338
Wisdom

Hard to see what you've got till it's gone.
>>
>>7057350
>>7057352

I always make stock, even if I just roasted a small chicken.

Sometimes I freeze the carcass and make a big batch once I have a handful of them, and sometimes I make just a quart of stock.

I usually reduce it down as fuck before freezing so it's super condensed and at worst I need to thin out whatever I'm making.

tl;dr - always make stock and freeze it if you don't have plans on using it in the next day or two.
>>
File: 1424683817461.jpg (29 KB, 487x367) Image search: [Google]
1424683817461.jpg
29 KB, 487x367
>2015
>living pay to pay
>>
Actually just going to message your step-sister about Salesforce and all that.

No bully pls
>>
>>7052284
not sure if i could finish a 100 pound steak
>>
>>7057707
Underrated post
>>
>>7052269
>these are the same people who claim they need food stamps to get by
>>
>>7057350
Sure, you can boil it down to get it super concentrated and then it won't take much space in the freezer, then dilute as needed when you use it.
>>
>>7052284
>£100 a head

Wait, are you buying heads or do they charge you £100 for having a head? If so, how much for the rest of your body
>>
>>7052269
> I eat randomly what has the less price every day.
> I can walk for 40 km only to buy something with less price.
> thank god my neighbour let me use her internet and sometime give me some meat
>>
File: no_it_dont.jpg (45 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
no_it_dont.jpg
45 KB, 500x500
>>7054249
>it can and do happen
>>
>>7053496
Middle class encompasses a lot of shit. Middle class starts at 30 grand a year and ends at about 200-300 grand.
>>
>>7052346
>>7052349
I find this hard to believe. Because I know this shit and have been unemployed for months now (can't even get an internship) because I don't have a degree yet.
>>
>>7053515
The fuck even is it?
Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.