[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /ck/, I want to eat an egg over rice for the first time.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7
File: kek.jpg (77 KB, 500x338) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
77 KB, 500x338
Hey /ck/, I want to eat an egg over rice for the first time. Any dangers, suggestions?
Picture related.
>>
File: Private_Teacher.jpg (11 KB, 240x180) Image search: [Google]
Private_Teacher.jpg
11 KB, 240x180
>>7052020

Don't do it, Jimmy.
>>
You will be 100% weeb after you are finished
>>
>>7052032

YA GETTIN' YA CACK SUCKED, KID!
>>
File: spagetti_regretti.jpg (61 KB, 1280x721) Image search: [Google]
spagetti_regretti.jpg
61 KB, 1280x721
>>7052036
Who says I'm not one already.
>>
File: 10.jpg (68 KB, 312x320) Image search: [Google]
10.jpg
68 KB, 312x320
>>7052036

oops, too late
>>
>>7052054
Because you haven't had an egg over rice yet....
>>
pre-heat the bowl
use fresh (hot) rice
use an egg that's at room temperature and not taken straight from the refrigerator
>>
>>7052070
Thanks for the tips, why preheat the bowl?
>>
Don’t do it. It’s not as good as it seems.
>>
>>7052075
Keeps everything hot, so you get thickened partially cooked egg rather than a slime bowl.
>>
anyone got the webm of that chink making the omelette and putting it on top of the rice mound before slitting it open?
That was some really nasty shit, it looked fucking terrible.
>>
I like it with a splash of cream for that extra yummyness
>>
OP here. Is there anything else besides soy sauce I can add to the dish?
>>
>>7052112
Natto.
>>
>>7052112

ketchup
>>
Pre-heated the bowl, used room temp eggs, fresh rice, scallions, soy sauce.
Tastes amazing imo.
>>
>>7052020
do it fag its fucking delicous
>>
>>7052262already did :^)
>>
>>7052020
My grandma has been doing this for years, I loved it when I was little. Just found out it's a japanese thing. It's great with some fat/juices from roasting meat( always save it after roasting and keep it in the fridge/freezer).
>>
>>7054191
>just found out it's a Japanese thing
No it's not. It's very common in the US, but those chinks stole that from us as well. Soon yuropoors will say that hot dogs is actually German or cornbread is Mexican.
>>
>>7052112
sesame oil, chopped green onions, sesame seeds
>>
It's not bad, but not the best either. Try it once for the novelty, but don't expect anything too great.
>>
>>7052032
I came so much to that video
>>
>>7052103
Yeah. I love underdone eggs, French omelette style is the best, but there's a point where it's far too undercooked

Undercooked eggs also need butter to help with their consistency and flavor, and I doubt the Japanese use butter in their eggs
>>
>>7052112
you could get that weeb furikake shit
>>
>>7056522
I also love eggs with very runny yolks

never gotten salmonella tbqh
>>
File: 1438869462912.jpg (533 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1438869462912.jpg
533 KB, 1920x1080
good shit OP, add veggies and chili and you've got one hell of a breakfast

i heat my bowl with hot water, dress my rice a little (little soy, furikake, hot sauce, onion, whatever else is in the fridge), crack the egg, black pepper, cover with a plate for a minute so it cooks a tiny bit and then mix before eating
>>
would this work?

get a pot and fill with 2 inch of water, bring to simmer

put bowl in pot filled with your rice and veggies, once bowl and rice is hot crack egg in bowl

cover pot with lid until preferred doneness

or will my bowl explode from the heat of directly touching the pot
>>
>>7056606
sounds fine, that's basically a double boiler/steamer
>>
>>7056613
okay thanks
>>
File: egg.png (7 KB, 747x168) Image search: [Google]
egg.png
7 KB, 747x168
>>62557013
>>
File: image.jpg (54 KB, 500x376) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54 KB, 500x376
Over easy eggs on rice are pretty good
Runny white on eggs is too snot in texture.
Runny yolk is good and this is one of the dishes where sriracha is a good match for the dish
>>
Anyone who's had it, does the texture not bother you? I always equate the texture of a raw egg with mucus.
>>
>>7056918
I find that egg yolks make things creamy
Definitely wouldn't want any whites in there though, that would be mucus-y and gross
>>
>>7052020
All I can say anon it looks so good in the animu but in real life its so disappointed I stopped being a weeb.

Dont ruin your anime enjoyment.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.