[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is this / dumb questions thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: 20151107_140704-1.jpg (3 MB, 1837x2721) Image search: [Google]
20151107_140704-1.jpg
3 MB, 1837x2721
I didn't see anything similar in the catalog, but I need some help identifying this vegetable(?) so can we have a general stupid questions/identification thread.

My mother picked this thing up at some ethnic market. She can't remember what it's called but she said the guy there told her to just boil it like asparagus. He said to only eat the leaves and not the yellow flowers inside. Can I get some assistance so my mom doesn't poison herself eating this thing?
>>
File: 20151107_140718-1.jpg (3 MB, 2077x2407) Image search: [Google]
20151107_140718-1.jpg
3 MB, 2077x2407
The insides
>>
Eat it raw.
>>
It's a banana blossom.

They're kind of a pain in the ass to clean/break down. I've personally never cooked with one but you can probably just do a google search for how to clean it and what to make with it.
>>
>>7052029
Thank you that's perfect. I can Google it now that I know what the heck it is.
>>
>>7052029
can you grow bananas out of it or at least a banana bush?
>>
File: banana3.jpg (24 KB, 400x224) Image search: [Google]
banana3.jpg
24 KB, 400x224
>>
>>7052050
No, the flowers turn into bananas. You grow new banana plants by cutting of the root and replanting it I think.
>>
>>7052019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvyR5CR6-1A
>>
The flowers sometimes have a nectar in them that you can suck out. It's pretty good.
>>
It's usually stir fried and it's good with coconut. If you search for banana blossom and coconut stir fry you get some good recipes.
>>
>not saying that your Asian neighbor gave it to you
Do you even meme, bro?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.