[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, vegetarian dishes. Any that actually taste good that don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
File: 1443385265115.jpg (142 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
1443385265115.jpg
142 KB, 750x1334
So, vegetarian dishes. Any that actually taste good that don't have to resort to an encylopedia of ingredients? Any rib-sticking and filling as meat? Near-vegetarian dishes also encouraged.
>>
File: foil-packet.jpg (32 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
foil-packet.jpg
32 KB, 500x281
>>7051938

>slice up onions
>slice up mushrooms
>dash of oil or pat of butter
>season with whatever
>wrap in foil packet
>put on grill 25 mins.
>medium heat
>dig in!

needed to lose some weight and vegetables can be eaten by the truckload

more volume, get sated, fewer calories, lose weight
>>
>>7051938

Bean burrito's are pretty tasty.

Beans, chopped tomato, saute'd onion and bell pepper, habenero, wrapped in a tortilla with salsa.

Red beans and rice are tasty as well, even without the meat in the beans.
>>
>>7051938
Rice and beans is always good. Use an animal stock, a lot of onions, garlic, and chilis. Also, lentil soup is pretty great.
>>
File: soup.jpg (130 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
soup.jpg
130 KB, 640x480
>>7051938
I'm a man child that will only eat vegetables if they're in soup, on a sandwich or in a stir fry. Although occasionally I do like broccoli if it's smothered in cheese or gravy.

But put it in soup, and I'll eat fucking anything. Cabbage, cauliflower, spinach... all that nasty shit becomes amazing.

Then get some quality bread from an actual bakery. Tear off chunks, spread real butter on it, and then dip it in the soup. Hnnngggghhhhh.

I don't mind tofu in stir fries now because hot and sour soup was so amazing. Sometimes I order the "bean curd w/ vegetable". Good shit.
>>
File: tmp_30508-TAyA8sa-833974512.jpg (141 KB, 960x652) Image search: [Google]
tmp_30508-TAyA8sa-833974512.jpg
141 KB, 960x652
>>
Chana masala, sambar, navrattan korma
>>
most vegetables taste great if you're not a child and you cook them properly.
>>
File: pasta e cucozza DSC011051.jpg (43 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
pasta e cucozza DSC011051.jpg
43 KB, 500x375
>So, vegetarian dishes. Any that actually taste good that don't have to resort to an encylopedia of ingredients?
Yes, several. For the most accessible to Western tastes, southern Italian vegetarian cuisine has very few ingredients and the ones they do have are easy to find in just about any nation speaking any language of European origin.

>Any rib-sticking and filling as meat?
Not many that I can think of other than bean-based ones.

>Near-vegetarian dishes also encouraged.
Meh, optimally, most of your diet should be vegetarian or near-vegetarian. About two-thirds of my meals are, but I'd assume quite a larger percentage of my diet by weight is veg-derived.

Pic related is a Neapolitan vegetarian dish, pasta with pumpkin.
>>
>>7051938
roasted vegetables unleash beautiful flavors.

I love roasted brussel sprouts or roasted cauliflower. I just toss them in olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper. Throw them in the oven until they get a nice brown. Then I eat it with rice.
>>
>>7052018
Vegetable dish, not just vegetables. I don't particularly enjoy making side dishes into full meals by just eating more.
>>
I make this all the time. Curried lentil stew with vegetables. It's really hearty and filling. Also delicious as fuck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5zKDCM85aw
>>
>>7051938

Some kind of seven-layer dip for tortilla chips. Guacamole, sour cream, refried beans, olives, lettuce...

What about a mushroom and onion quiche?
>>
>>7051987
I love channa masala and sambar. Whats the other one?
>>
You could try eating my shit

It's technically an animal product but it's meaty and filling
>>
Cabbage and boiled potatoes is good, although it kind of demands corned beef.
>>
Google Kaeng Khua Saparot, a thai curry with pineapple and prawn, replace prawn with cubed tofu. Fish sauce can be replaced with salt or soy sauce if desired.

Pad see ew is another Thai dish, rice noodles seasoned with soy sauce and white pepper. Eggs are a good accent for protein.

One of my regular dinners is firm or pressed tofu with celery stir-fried with Sichuan chili oil, garlic, sesame oil, soy sauce, sugar, and black pepper.

Curried squash soup with apple. Hell, roasted squash with a couple of spices. Roasted vegetables in general; onions, garlic cloves, celery, tomato, zucchini, asparagus, broccoli, cauliflower, etc. Blanched bok choy with gochujang and miso. Mapo tofu with shiitake instead of ground beef. Garlic roasted oyster mushrooms. Dan dan noodles with tofu and/or mushrooms instead of meat. Pad thai with tofu and eggs. Gailan with ginger and garlic. Bibimbap with a shitload of properly prepared vegetables and maybe an egg. Dry fried long beans with Sichuan peppercorns and chilies. Chana masala. Bean chili heavy on onion and garlic. A plate of onion and garlic. Homemade red pepper hummus. Red lentils and white rice steamed together with coconut milk and red curry paste.

Some of these dishes require a bit of investment if you don't have Asian ingredients hanging around your pantry, but they're all pretty simple to make. I tend to lean pretty heavily on Asian influence in my cooking because I find a lot of western vegetarian cuisine to be more focused on imitation than flavor.
>>
Have you ever just eaten straight mirepoix? I'm sure if you just throw some chicken stock and noodles in you'd be set.
>>
>>7052124
>the year 2015 of our lord and saviour Allah
>people are still eating literally the most uninspired and disgusting meal of corned beef with boiled cabbage and potatoes
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.