[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Perfect bacon when I wake up scheme
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: Frozen-Bacon.jpg (36 KB, 640x481) Image search: [Google]
Frozen-Bacon.jpg
36 KB, 640x481
Hey anon, I was checking out that CookingFor Engineers site and they recommended cooking bacon at 200 degrees for 3 hours. Which got me to scheming.

> Couple frozen strips of bacon
> On a frozen sheet pan
> Place in oven at midnight
> Oven auto-starts at 4:30am, 200 deg F
> Wake up 7:30am for delicious fresh bacon

Is this plan going to kill me with food poisoning?
>>
>>7050774
5 hours is a lot, but anyone's chances of getting food poisoning on average are absurdly low. I have a friend that regularly leaves pizza out on the counter for days.
>>
>>7050774
Where does all the water from the melted ice go?
>>
Just throw a couple slabs outside on your window sill the night before, and when you wake up at 3 in the afternoon the next day they should be cooked.

>protip: check the weather forecast the day before
>>
>>7050780
Being raw should make it more risky. Was hoping to mitigate some of the "danger zone" with the pre-freeze. However, bacon is supposed to be cured, right?

>>7050781
Photo is an artistic exaggeration of soon-to-be-true events. I don't think having it in my freezer should add hardly any additional water.
>>
>>7050797
It's not really cured in the conventional sense. Just kind of flash-cured, so it has the cured flavour, but not the safe-at-room-temperature thing that comes from long curing processes.
>>
>>7050781
Its boills off and pops all that bacon grease everywhere in your oven
>>
>>7050819
>boils off
>oven at 200F
>>
>>7050833
Even better, it pools and makes soggy bacon.
>>
>>7050837

>cook on wire rack/perforated tray
>solved
>>
Sounds like a pretty solid plan OP godspeed.
>>
OP here. It is done.

The good:
> Bacon smell was a nice surprise to wake up to, like Christmas morning with bacon ready to eat.
> Evenly cooked.
> No burning.
> Very good looking.
> The fat left over was very clear.
> Didn't need to cool for more than a minute or two.

The bad:
> Not as crispy as I like; my thick cut bacon was straight and rigid but not crunchy.
> A bit scary to leave raw meat in the oven at room temp for 4-5 hours. We'll see how my gut feels.
> Gotta be up at midnight to load frozen bacon tray into oven.

I don't think I'd do it again due to the lack of crunchiness. But I'll definitely reuse the "auto start" feature on weekdays to start the oven at 350F before I wake up, so I can immediately wake up and put on the bacon.
>>
looking forward to your house burning down family
>>
>>7051559
>raw meat
it is fucking bacon
it is dried and smoked pork
it is perfectly safe and will be heated to above 70C for more than 5 minutes
you dunce
>>
What the fuck. I thought it was a troll thread but everyone's replying completely genuinely. How has nobody mentioned that 200 degrees for 3 hours would leave nothing but a black crisp?
>>
>>7051591
he's a burger so his oven is only 93°C
>>
dude, just cook it the day before, put it in the fridge and microwave it when you wake up. Stop being a lazy ass.
>>
>>7051591
>>7051608
>200 deg F
>deg F
>F
>>
File: netanyahu.jpg (750 KB, 3000x2239) Image search: [Google]
netanyahu.jpg
750 KB, 3000x2239
enjoy ur cancer

i dont eat cancer anymore
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.