[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
say you a guest in someones house and you are staying for dinner.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4
File: something neeeew.jpg (58 KB, 703x479) Image search: [Google]
something neeeew.jpg
58 KB, 703x479
say you a guest in someones house and you are staying for dinner. what they serve is awful. how would you handle this situation? bonus points if its your partners moms cooking.
>>
>>7050771
If not asked, say nothing.

If asked, lie.

If both you and your partner dislike the food (ie, you're not just picky or whatever) find reasons to not visit in the future.
>>
go on a shooting rampage and kill the entire family
>>
Ask her on the sly for some head, if she can't cook then there must be some reason she's kept around.
>>
>>7050771
That is one of my favorite cartoon shorts EVER. That fucking dog.....
>>
I'm currently in an extended version of that exact situation.

When you go out for liquor buy basic groceries for yourself and only eat small portions of the "homecooked" crap while drunk.
>>
personally I get myself into a mindset where I can endure a terrible meal Im obligated to eat. all Im doing is shoveling fuel into my body. taste, texture, aroma and looks dont matter, Im just getting nourishment.
>>
>>7050771
Eat a little and politely try to leave the table. Say you've already ate or that you are sick. Or make up an allergy
>>
>>7050771
Make them realize the food sucks in a subtle way, openly talk about it with the mom or whoever is cooking. Always stay polite.
I changed my gfs moms cooking habits. She has no husband though so the situation has less potential to become a fight over territory.
>>
One time I was staying at a cousin's house, and my aunty gave me a slice of toast literally drowned in butter, with burnt/curdled scrambled eggs. To top it all off she served it with a disgusting smoothie that still had chunks of the frozen mush she made it from floating in it. Almost made me puke.

Anyway, I just grit my teeth and ate it. Don't know if I could handle it for extended periods of time though.
>>
>>7050790
What's the cartoon?
>>
>>7050771
You eat it and smile and smack your lips and tell her how delicious her food is you ungrateful little shits.
>>
i'd just be grateful for the free feed, tea be haitch.
>>
>>7051140
>You eat it and smile and smack your lips and tell her how delicious her food is you ungrateful little shits.
Yes, because lying and dishonesty is the perfect basis for human relationships. Totally. That's how you get people in their 50's thinking they're great at cooking, despite the obvious lack of any kind of skill. Lying is impolite. Be polite to other people, anon. Don't try to deceive them. Unless you're very, very good at it, you come off as an asshole.
>>
>>7051151
You have no idea how society works do you?
>>
>>7051151
You have revealed your autism level, enjoy your basement life.
>>
>>7051157
>>7051159
If you don't respect someone, treat them with kids gloves. Condescend to them. Feel free.

If you like someone, help them improve. Don't do it openly, like at the table in the middle of dinner; that can only serve to embarrass the cook and the host. Bring it up with them later on. If you still want to humble your friend while beating your co/ck/ on their lips, invite them to dinner, knock their socks off, and teach them how it's done.
>>
Engage the cook by conversing with them so now they are looking at you.
Take one mouthful of food then put your fork down.
Drown your food in whatever condiments are on the table while keeping the cook engaged to ensure that she sees this.
Make direct eye contact.
She'll get message.
>>
Or just fake an allergy to one of the ingredients and smash that ugly vase that you've always hated when you act out your violent allergic reaction.
>>
I eat a little bit, and then say" sorry its not to my tastes but thank you for the effort"
If they then offer to make something else i decline as i am not a whiny little bitch and its my problem that i dont like the food.
>>
>>7051130
It's from a show called Amazing Stories, and it was in season 2, episode 16, and it's called "Family Dog". I fucking love it.
>>
>>7051197
I remember that, my parents had it on VHS. That episode was so popular, they made a tv show out of it.
>>
>oh I made something similar once but I used blah blah blah and did blah blah blah
>>
depends, if its THAT awful i would just eat as much i could stomach, then use excuses like 'im full' or 'i don't really like ___'. most of the time you dont want to risk offending the chef

if its not that bad and the food is up for discussion then bringing it up in a friendly and subtle way can often be ok. but mostly u should shut up and eat whats put in front of u
>>
>>7050771
Eat what I can and be happy that I'm not paying for it. It's impossible for the food to be literally inedible in this situation anyway so just bear it like a man.
>>
>>7050771
My heart starts pumping, and I think of a lie, and say that I already ate.
>>
>>7050771
I just think of the starving kids and eat up
>>
>>7051207
This, you fucking sperglords. Or offer to help next time.
>>
>>7050771
i just eat it and pretend i'm grateful that someone else cooked for me. it's that simple. you have to pretend to like other people's cooking unless they are asking for criticism/recommendations. it's the polite thing to do. real life is not a competitive cooking tv show
>>
for someones parents cooking? fallback on old anorexia standards: force down the easiest swallowed foods, hide other stuff in a napkin in my pocket, make an excuse to leave the room if i can

i am actually preparing to eat at my partners family home soon and the mum is terrible in the kitchen (undercooked meat and fish from frozen, no seasoning, husband likes "plain" food, all of their veg is boiled) from what i've heard. i'm gonna take a valium before dinner and do my best. do not need 'meeting the parents' to involve my screwed up history with food.

if it's a friend, i'll talk to them about cooking and try and figure out their error... but i would be able to say 'nah this sucks' to most of them i think
>>
>>7050771
How bad are we talking here?
Are we saying that the macaroni's soggy?
Are the peas are mushed?
Does the chicken tastes like wood?
>>
>>7050771
Have you ever went over a friends house to eat
And the food just ain't no good? The macaroni's soggy, the peas are mushed, and the chicken tastes like wood
>>
Choke it down, since you have a "partner" you should be used to this by now good sir.
>>
As an Asian who grew up in the 90s, I was able to get away with most things.

When they see me displeased with their food, I don't even have to say anything. They'll say things like "Sorry Anon, I tried my best to make it suitable for orientals."

I can get away with not eating their shitty food and THEY end up being the assholes instead. Racism saves the day again.
>>
>>7050771
I once ate with some Russian Jews who made this fish that seemed to be raw and extremely salty. Thankfully my friend who invited me excused me because I actually could not possibly stop myself from making disgusted faces about everything on my plate.
>>
>>7051793
UNDERRATED FUCKING POST

EVERYONE READ THIS POST
>>
>>7051731
THIS ONE TOO.

MAN WHAT UNDERRATED POSTS
>>
File: tmp_8182-jTLkg805158161.jpg (64 KB, 537x720) Image search: [Google]
tmp_8182-jTLkg805158161.jpg
64 KB, 537x720
Get drunk enough for it to taste good
>>
>>7052697
WTF IS THAT?
>>
>>7051207
I hate it when people do this. It's condescending
>>
>>7050771
Don't be so fucking picky. Having to choke down even horrible food once in a while should be an acceptable price to pay for harmonious relations with your extended family. Any intelligent, wise or even decently raised person will understand that a single bad meal is a tiny, tiny thing, and that a happy family is an extremely valuable asset that can pay useful and unexpected dividends all throughout your sad, self-centered life.
>>
>>7050776

shoo shoo Elliot
>>
File: 1436548162159.jpg (49 KB, 549x507) Image search: [Google]
1436548162159.jpg
49 KB, 549x507
Keeping quiet might seem nicer but they'll respect you more if you tell the truth. Be sure to give helpful point by point suggestions on where they went wrong and how they could improve their cooking in the future.
>>
File: flat,800x800,075,f.jpg (76 KB, 800x741) Image search: [Google]
flat,800x800,075,f.jpg
76 KB, 800x741
>>7051151
>lying is impolite
>>
>>7050773
/thread
>>
Am I really the only one who's been subjected to food so vile that I was incapable of concealing my disgust? I've been served foreign dishes that were so bad the only thing I can think of that tastes worse is Zicam Cough Mist Max.
>>
>>7052849
Periodi/ck/ table of elements?
>>
>>7053196
Periodi/ck/ table of memes
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.