[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /ck/, is this weird?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1
File: WIN_20151106_215922.jpg (148 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
WIN_20151106_215922.jpg
148 KB, 1280x720
my friend thinks i'm a fucking weirdo for eating "lightly fried potato chunks with no seasoning", which I must admit is an apt description of this meal. Is he right?
>>
Yes.
>>
>>7050729
what's so weird about it?
>>
>>7050730
Normal people put seasoning on their food.
>>
>>7050724
Those don't even look cooked friendo. What the hell is wrong with you.
>>
>>7050732
really? I was always taught that a food's natural flavor is better than any seasoning
>>
Taste is subjective but at the same time some people have a more advanced idea of what taste is in that they understand subtle nuance and really just have a deeper understanding leading to an appreciation on a deeper level. In this case, however, literal taste is not only unique to the individual but an expression of what you subconsciously know your body needs. So no, you are not a weirdo. But fuck if I don't love me some crispy hashbrowns.
>>
I would probably eat that with a small pinch of salt.

I know, it is a horrendous thing to do, but I want a little bit more flavor...
>>
>>7050737
So what, you just never season anything you cook at all?
>>
>>7050737
>Potatoes
>Natural flavor
>FLAVOR
>>
>>7050741
well sometimes I use steak sauce, if i'm eating a steak...
>>
>>7050737

I think of it as a spectrum.

On one side of the spectrum, some people enjoy their food without any seasoning at all. On the other end of the spectrum are people that can't eat food without either covering it in spices or condiments.
>>
>>7050737
>I was always taught that a food's natural flavor is better than any seasoning
Well that's just straight-up bullshit. You could argue like >7050738 that it's subjective, but there's no way good unseasoned food tastes objectively the best, and for something like lightly fried potatoes, I'm sure a preference for unseasoned would put you in a distinct minority, at least among people who have access to seasoning.
>>
Well, I've met a few people who occasionally eat raw potatoes like apples, but yeah, you're still pretty fucking weird.
>>
>>7050751
I used to do that as a kid, until I got access to a frying pan and knives
>>
>>7050751

my father eats raw potato slices with garlic salt on them sometimes
>>
>>7050753
>>7050756

Depression era kid or Eastern European?
>>
>>7050760

Depression era.
>>
>>7050724
Nah man nah you do you it's coo
>>
>>7050743
protip, steak sauce actually works better with foods that aren't steak. For example, potatoes.
>>
>>7050737
I bet you like cum
>>
>>7050901
Steak sauce is great on sandwiches, fries, cheese, and more.
>>
>>7050724
i don't like when fried potatoes are good if they have been too long on the stove.
i would maybe have made some sort of sauce, but i would do that with 99% of every kind of food, sauce is just amazing!
>>
>>7050742
spotted the McMerican
>>
I make salt potatoes like once a month in the morning and eat them with a side of thick cut bacon for breakfast. That's almost unseasoned except for the salt and the butter dip. But I guess not the same in any way so yeah.
>>
I always put some salt on them, and I prefer browning them when frying, but potatoes taste amazing on their own.
>>
>>7050724
It's weird in the same way sleeping in the gutter covered in newspaper when you've got a perfectly good house would be weird. Why wouldn't you make even the slightest effort to improve your food beyond technically edible?
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.