[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's discuss vegan food and how it can be improved from
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
File: clifbars.jpg (244 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
clifbars.jpg
244 KB, 1200x1200
Let's discuss vegan food and how it can be improved from what it currently is.

I was thinking they could start by learning how to actually cook original recipes because rip offs of regular food with a 1000 other ingredients only results in a poor tasting variation.

Labels their food doesn't need:

- gluten free
- raw
- organic
- sugar free
- fair trade
>>
>>7050535
That's a good start. Vegetarian Chicken Fingers just doesn't make a lick of sense
>>
>>7050535
I think it's comedy how some vegan fags decided they need to make "vegan" bacon, or a "vegan" hot dog. What's funnier, though, is that other vegan fags actually buy that shit.
>>
File: 1444811403770.png (312 KB, 500x624) Image search: [Google]
1444811403770.png
312 KB, 500x624
Just imagine, in a couple decades we'll be growing meat in labs and none of this will matter.

The vegan/anti-vegan shitposting will finally be over.
>>
>>7050535
Just fucking drink soylent or bertrand
>>
We chop off your cock and feed it to dogs
>>
>>7050639
>hurr only us primitive barbarians can eat steak and burgers that taste good, you can't have that without real meat! xD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qURmF-7O9-k
Fuck off idiot.
>>
>>7050643
I'm a vegan, and honestly, I'd eat the shit out of a lab-grown steak.

There's nothing really all that wrong with meat imitation foods, and unlike maybe ten years ago, there's a lot of brands out there (Field Roast, Gardein, Daiya) that taste pretty darn convincing.

What I think is wrong is if that's all you eat. 'American' food is a lot of French and Italian cooking, but you find delicious dishes that just happen to be vegan in a lot of Thai, Indian, Vietnamese, and Korean cuisine.

If you're going to go vegan, you have to learn how to cook, or eat Tofurky for the rest of your life. No way around it.
>>
>>7050675
That looks and sounds fucking disgusting.
>>
>>7050535

What does gluten have to do with veganism? Isn't that just for people with celiac disease?
>>
I can see what you mean in terms of marketing using these labels as buzz words, but they are actually helpful in knowing what you are buying.

Despite the overtly heavy marketing, I don't understand why you would want less information on something that is going to become apart of your body. All of those are helpful in their own situations, it's not just hipster gibberish.

>>7050639
When you decide to live a vegan lifestyle, the ones that just don't automatically become repulsed by meat products in their entirety find it more comfortable to transition with these foods. Some even enjoy them for life, but would rather not have an animal die to acquire it. I fail to see how it's comical.
>>
>>7050675
I really want to punch this guy in the face.
>>
>>7050692
>I fail to see how it's comical.

It's comical because being a vegan means that you are deliberately choosing to acquire your protein needs from non-animal sources, like nuts, legumes, and beans. Got it. That's a healthy choice, as you aren't putting any bullshit processed foods into your system, and as long as you balance it right and get enough protein, you'll be fine.

However, instead of just eating the nuts, legumes, and beans for the protein they need, some vegan fag along the way decided they needed to replicate meat products, and added a bunch of processed shit, fillers, and artificial crap to what would have been a perfectly healthy vegan food source.

All so they could pretend they were eating a fucking hot dog, or a hamburger.

THAT'S comedy.
>>
>>7050791
>because being a vegan means

Not eating animal flesh.

>But it means this others stuff als-

No.
>>
File: Chuck chuckling.gif (1 MB, 290x189) Image search: [Google]
Chuck chuckling.gif
1 MB, 290x189
>>7050675

Vegan "Philly cheese steak"........
>>
Is Chocolate Almond Fudge a newer flavor? Don't remember seeing that one before. White Chocolate Macadamia is the shit.
>>
File: 1417160584322.jpg (35 KB, 492x399) Image search: [Google]
1417160584322.jpg
35 KB, 492x399
>nutrition
>for sustained energy
>first ingredient sugar
>>
>>7050691

vegans are usually just the people who jump on that "no gluten" fad. How many people actually have Celiac disease is definitly a number that isn't as high as the number of gluten free products sold.
>>
>>7050806

I think it might be? I tried it today (I am OP). It looked like it came out of someones ass. It tasted alright though.
>>
"Substitute" foods always taste like shit if you go in expecting them to taste like The Real Thing™. Don't eat veggie burgers, tofu, almond milk, tapioca bread, sunflower butter, or whatever the fuck expecting them to taste the same.

>>7050795
You're thinking of vegetarian, vegans don't use any animal products including dairy and eggs.
>>
File: 1372958580384.jpg (131 KB, 803x688) Image search: [Google]
1372958580384.jpg
131 KB, 803x688
>vegan snacks
>22g sugar in a 68g bar
>costs 1-2 dollars
>200mg sodium
>>
>>7050643
Not necessarily, there still might be health consequences to eating meat at all.
>>
>>7050535
where the fuck can i find blueberry crisp???
>>
>>7051070
I think they were meant to be for backpacker/climbers to get in a bunch of calories while being active.
>>
most vegetarians and vegans have brain problems

like it's actually difficult to find one that isn't a seriously crazy extreme leftist libtard sjw hipster with tattoos and weird color hair
>>
>>7050675
Its a turd, sliced, and then topped with an Indian shit!
>>
Veggie pattie > imitation hamburger honestly. The subway one is pretty good
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.