[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to bake some bacon into my brownies. Do I fry the bacon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4
File: brownies.jpg (2 MB, 3888x2592) Image search: [Google]
brownies.jpg
2 MB, 3888x2592
I want to bake some bacon into my brownies.

Do I fry the bacon all the way or halfway? How much will it get cooked while in the dough?
>>
Cook it first.
>>
Are they weed brownies, bro bro?
>>
>>7049601
DUDE
>>
File: 1436335290041.png (3 KB, 169x181) Image search: [Google]
1436335290041.png
3 KB, 169x181
>>7049601
> don't smoke pot
> have made brownies like one hundret times
> it really is my favorite baking recipe that I bring to all sorts of occasions
> every fucking time some jerk asks "Do you do weed brownies?"
>>
>>7049608
Just ticklin' your balls, m8. Cook the bacon all the way
>>
>>7049608
you dont smoke it, but do you do weed brownies?
>>
>>7049596
That sounds terrible
>>
>>7049596
Make sure to sprinkle in arsenic you gargantuan waste of life.
>>
>>7050424
I've seen many "kill yourself" posts on 4chan but "kill yourself because you eat bacon brownies" takes the cake.

No pun intended.
>>
>>7049596
Don't forget to add the siracha and nutella.
>>
Please kill yourself before you trigger me any more.
>>
>>7049596
My aunt does this all the time. The bacon is fully baked until crispy, patted off with paper towels, then crunched up and added into the brownies to bake. Some people might like bacon grease in their sweets, but we don't. It should be really almost over done before you add it in so it won't release anymore liquid while in the brownies.
>>
>bacon
MEME
E
M
E
>>
>>7050539
>says it like bacon brownies are a commonly accepted thing
Maybe in Amerilard Land where you put syrup in your bread. Being indulgent at the expense of your health is one thing, but this seems like an attempt at pure memeing which has no chance of actually tasting good.

Just fill them with chocolate sauce or white chocolate or make a cake covered in icing. Don't meme yourself out of an enjoyable feast.
>>
>>7049596

Dammit OP now I need to make Brownies... only I'm all out of Cocoa powder... Might have to make them without it.

Has anyone here had no chocolate brownie brownie?
>>
>>7050598
>which has no chance of actually tasting good
Be more open minded. Don't knock it 'til you try it. It's two good things that taste good together.
You not liking it? Fine. I don't like sweet potatoes. That doesn't mean anything for anybody else.
inb4 you try to compare eating food to eating excrement
>>
>>7050610
Just because it's two good things doesn't mean they taste good together. Go enjoy your fish fingers and custard.
>>
File: dfas.jpg (8 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
dfas.jpg
8 KB, 480x360
>>
>>7050617
Candied salmon.
>>
i love this board
>>
>>7050617
Not until you try bacon in brownies. Once you do and find out it's not some awful abomination, i'll try your things specifically picked out to be awful together, like You and Any Woman.
>>
>>7049604
Weed
>>
>>7051027
i have like a killer recipe for the weed brownies you are talking about.
god i love cooking all sorts of stuff with weed, specially if it's done good, then you can't taste the bitterness from the weed, and you'll just get these amazing brownies and afterward be high as hell
>>
>>7050598
> europoors don't understand the American staple of sweet and savory
Your loss, go eat some more grass out in the pasture.
>>
>>7050617
Those are also good foods, you must be british
>>
Op just use bacon grease in place of the oil or butter. I make bacon fat ginger snaps that way.
>>
>>7049596
Use chunks of fully cooked candied bacon.
>>
>>7051032
Dude, like, weed man, haha dude it's weed lmao
>>
add in sriracha and you got my recipe for epic meme brownies.
>>
>>7050609
Just make blondies my family man.
>>
>>7050617
dude, chocolate and bacon are actually very good together. The fatty, salty savoriness of the bacon is a nice contrast to the sweetness of the chocolate. used to do it all the time with cinnamon pies
>>
>>7050993
>like You and Any Woman
Kek
>>
Fry the bacon all the way.

It's not the cooking you're aiming for, it's the texture.

Chunks of undercooked bacon that are later fully cooked in a different application will almost always come out chewy and rubbery.

Cook the bacon all the first, then break it into crumbs.
>>
>>7050609
>>7052433
Or peanut butter.
>>
File: 1446341518920.jpg (11 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
1446341518920.jpg
11 KB, 256x256
>eating bacon
enjoy your cancer
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.