[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
fruit thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: dscf1202.jpg (14 KB, 325x325) Image search: [Google]
dscf1202.jpg
14 KB, 325x325
Do you put your fruit in the fridge, or leave it out? Which way produces superior texture and taste?

Also, what are your favorite fruits?
>>
i usually leave it on the counter until it's ripe, then move it to the refrigerator so it lasts longer. i'll get them out of the refrigerator a few hours before eating because room temp fruit generally has better flavor and texture.

peaches are my favorite fruit.
>>
>>7049159
Depends on the fruit really. Apples and citrus I always keep in the fridge since they last a really long time when kept cold. Also usually various berries and cherries I keep in the fridge since they also tend to last longer.

Most everything else I leave out until it's ripe and just eat it throughout the week as it ripens.
>>
Lychees are greatest fruit.

Mamey sapote close second.

Honorable mention for golden kiwi and cactus pear.
>>
>>7049159
It depends on the specific fruit, but let's say it's a cantelope or honeydew, I'll leave it out until I open it, but if I'm not going to use the whole thing at once I'll refridgerate the remaining part of the melon.

You almost have to seal up and refrigerate something like a durian since it'll make your whole house smell of corpses.
>>
>Do you put your fruit in the fridge, or leave it out?
Depends on the fruit. I even put some in the freezer.

>Which way produces superior texture and taste?
Depends on the fruit.

>Also, what are your favorite fruits?
I can't think of a single fruit I vehemently dislike other than passionfruit, which tastes like licking a sour and very angry 9v battery, and ripe papaya, which tastes like a sugary basement. While unripe/green papaya can be delicious, nothing will ever make passionfruit not terrible.
>>
you should never refrigerate tomatoes.
>>
>>7049285
Ah senpai passionfruit is genuinely my favourite fruit.
>>
This is a really dumb question, but can lemons and limes be eaten like normal, like just peeling off the peel and eating it like an orange? Or are they so sour that it would be incredibly un-pleasurable?
>>
>>7049537
>eating lime like an orange
Well...
There are sweet varieties of lime. My country has sweet limes and bitter limes but trying to find sour ones is a challenge. In the US, however, I notice that nearly all limes are sour and it's hard to find sweet or bitter ones.
>>
>>7049531
Agreed. Passionfruit is lord of all fruits. They're ugly and slimy but the taste is GOAT
>>
>>7049594
>>7049531
More for you freaks, then! I can't stand the stuff, but that doesn't I begrudge you two for liking it, as horrid as it is.
>>
>>7049159
Berries and anything cut up are the only things I refrigerate. Everything else either has a long shelf life or I eat it pretty quick.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.