[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Do fairly well for myself >Been to numerous 4 and 5 star
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 7
File: download (16).jpg (6 KB, 297x170) Image search: [Google]
download (16).jpg
6 KB, 297x170
>Do fairly well for myself
>Been to numerous 4 and 5 star restaurants in my time
>Have had some of the best steak, chicken, fish, pasta, etc.in the world
>Still, nothing quite satisfies like a pb&j sandwich

How can something so simple and cheap be so wonderful?
>>
Fat and sugar
>>
>>7048987
Because not every meal in life need be a pretentious 5-star dining experience in order to be enjoyable.
>>
>>7048987
I prefer peanutbutter & preserves on wheat bread.

I must also have a glass of milk to wash it down because I use a lot of peanut butter.
>>
File: Houston_public_restroom.jpg (475 KB, 960x723) Image search: [Google]
Houston_public_restroom.jpg
475 KB, 960x723
PB&Js are good. I like them as well, despite being non-American.

However, what I've always wondered: Why do Americans stick to garbage-tier untoasted white bread? And why does the jam have to be the cheapest kind - the kinda wobbly stuff thats gelatinously chunky? What's wrong with using good toasted bread, a decent brand of jam and peanut butter?
>>
>>7048998
I make my own preserves, never buy jelly or jams. It's fucking simple and there are a shitload of different wild berries where I live.
>>
>>7048998
Eh depends on where you go really. Yeah, the things you mentioned are probably the majority, but I live in the Midwest and there are Amish places all around that have fucking GOAT bread and jam and such.
As for toasting, maybe nobody wants to wait for it?
>>
>>7048995
>must also have a glass of milk
It's the only way to remain a civilized society
>>
>>7048998
>why do most people not use the most expensive ingredients?
to make you mad

toasting is really only good if you eat it right away. a lot of pbjs are taken to school or work and eaten hours later.
>>
>>7048998

>toast pb&j
>sandwich is no longer soft and squishy
>peanut butter turns runny and oily, drips all over everywhere as it looks out of the sandwich

Come on man.
>>
>>7048998
Because part of the enjoyment is that the bread is soft and non-toasted.

It's like good bbq - it should be eaten with cheap white bread, not freaking artisan made baguettes.
>>
>>7048987
Nostalgia. Now stop Being a faggot
>>
>>7048998
I eat mine with wheat bread. Non-HFCS wheat bread. While white can be soft, some wheat bread can be just as soft if not softer.

Yellow bread is god-tier, though.
>>
>>7048987
Because you are lying to yourself. Nothing is satisfying about a pbj. I seriously thought this board was better than this.
>>
>>7048987
Hi, George W.
>>
Great.

People are now starting to force pb&j threads...
>>
>>7048995
This man knows whats up
>>
>>7048995
>>7049007
>>7050651
Milk is not refreshing
>>
I prefer peanut butter one one slice, hazelnut/chocolate spread on the other, and banana slices in the middle.
>>
>>7050469
>>7049136

Hahaha!

Back to 9gag
>>
>>7050652
Food and drink preferences are subjective.
>>
File: it may not be perfect.jpg (69 KB, 479x640) Image search: [Google]
it may not be perfect.jpg
69 KB, 479x640
>>7048987

It's really quite simple.

Restaurants only make shit.

They only make shit because 99.9999% of them are motivated only by profit, and 99.99999% of their customers simply don't know any better.

The other .0001% of restaurants have no competition to speak of, and so even slightly less shitty shit gets lauded as "the best in the world".

Learn to cook for yourself and, if you have even a modicum of insight, you'll eat better than you could on an infinite budget.
>>
>>7050664
I think you're lying

Regardless, I've just never found milk to be refreshing, I'd usually go with water or seltzer if I need to wash down something

Befuddles me in the same way that someone says they like to refresh with a beer after a hot summer day

Must be more comforting than actually hydrating
>>
File: PB&J.jpg (87 KB, 655x630) Image search: [Google]
PB&J.jpg
87 KB, 655x630
You guys ever just toast the insides of your sandwich? It's all soft at first like you'd expect, and then suddenly crunchy in the middle. It's great.
>>
>>7050677
It's better to do the opposite or did you already know that?
>>
>>7050803
I don't see how that's better. It would be all brittle on the outside and you get crumbs all over when you bite it. Toasted sandwiches are the worst. Unless you butter them maybe, like grilled sandwiches, but then you get buttery hands. Not worth it. My way is the optimal way to add a slightl crunch to a soft sandwich.
>>
>>7048998
Untoasted white bread with smooth or chunky peanut butter and grape or strawberry jelly is the classic, just like pepperoni pizza is classic.

But that's hardly the only way to eat them. I usually get some half-decent wheat bread with flax or seeds or something, toast it, and eat it with creamy JIF peanut butter and stuff like blackberry jam, or lately, persimmon preserves.
>>
>>7050814

Or you could just go eat a French Dip and not have to cope with the vagaries of a mediocre sandwich.
>>
>>7050672
You think it's not refreshing, other people think it is. That's what subjectivity is.
>>
>>7050814
alpha

toasted outside anon confirmed beta
>>
>>7050822
eat a totally different sandwich because they dont agree with your "sandwich technique preference"

bring that up on your next date it's a pussy slayer
>>
>>7050822
So you do put jam on the sandwich, then dip in melted peanut butter? Or vice versa?
>>
>>7050825
Sometimes you can appreciate other people's tasted without sharing them. In this case, I can't imagine how something as thick and fatty as milk could be refreshing without being diluted with ice.
>>
>>7050827

Vagina is no excuse for mediocrity.
>>
>>7050836

I'm guessing you're not very athletic at all.
Milk can be really refreshing after a few hours of cardio, or whatever.
>>
File: 1403258012133.jpg (112 KB, 986x775) Image search: [Google]
1403258012133.jpg
112 KB, 986x775
>>7048998
>Why do Americans
>>
>>7048987
you're doing it all wrong
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3HehLKqxsY
>>
>Why do Americans use white bread

Because the fluffy soft white bread is one of the best parts

>Why do Americans use jelly

Again, texture, the smooth texture is superior to Jam

A lot of people in America do toast PB and Js, though, where do you think it came from anon
>>
>>7050892

to

>>7048998
>>
>>7050814
Cooking the sandwich enough for the outside to be crispy and not corroded by just grabbing it is easily done, burning something can be pretty undesirable straight off the bat.

You do have a point about the buttery hands part, except technically soft bread is more permeable and probably more brittle depending on the amount and range of spreads being used. You may as well have a toast sandwich.
>>
File: image.jpg (28 KB, 442x333) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28 KB, 442x333
>>7050826
This is what you consider alpha? Misguided pleb.
>>
>>7050814
Nuts in general have a much more intense taste when the are hot though. Hot peanut butter is no exception.
>>
>>7050836
>he doesn't come back home after a hot summer day and chug 2 glasses of ice-cold milk
>>
>>7050665

I'd say you win for most out of touch with reality post of the week.
>>
File: 1443313855822.png (451 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
1443313855822.png
451 KB, 499x499
>>7050870
heh, was just about to post this
>>
>>7049127
Why would you toast the peanut butter?

Also I give my bread a minute or two to cool down after toasting that way the PB doesn't get so runny when spreading it.
>>
>>7048987
Do u use wet on it 4 the bread? Is u make it wet on it 2 make it soft and tasted on it with wet? Dokus say use wet 2 not have it dryed no more. Dokus use wet on sanwich as a kitchen's manager. We make all food has wet on it jus like an customer likes it.

We use these tip at maximum spendout hunger zone food kitchen.
>>
>>7050870
>Hurr you're doing everything wrong
>Hurr taste is not subjective there is only one right way
>Food that was invented out of necessity by poor people should not be made of cheap ingredients

What? This is just like those people advocating for sausages to be made from good cuts of meat and not offal.
>>
>>7050857
>says things are subjective

>how could you not like this?
>>
It's almost like eating dessert for a meal.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.