[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so i have to make a stroganoff tomorrow for dinner and i need
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: good shit.jpg (21 KB, 311x201) Image search: [Google]
good shit.jpg
21 KB, 311x201
so i have to make a stroganoff tomorrow for dinner and i need a good recipe because i dont wanna be plebtier and use a store bought base
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2J482y8WVdo
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQHgQX1Ss74
>>
Put mushrooms in it.

Also chicken stroganoff is godtier too.
>>
https://jii.moe/4yBEOJrY.webm
>>
>>7048383
Who is this Stroganoff Tog it Off?
>>
I have a stronganoff recipe in my family but we're of scots/irish heritage so I make no guarantee of authenticity, but it is good.

Cut into 1/2 inch slices across the grain
1 pound of fillet of beef (you could use a less expensive cut of meat, just tenderize it. I had great success with chuck roast)
Pound them until thin. Cut strips about 1 inch wide. Melt in pan..
1 Tablespoon butter
Saute in the butter about 2 minutes
1 Tablespoon finely chopped onion
Saute beef quickly in butter about 3-5 minutes, depending on desired doneness
until browned evenly. Remove and keep warm. Add to the pan:
2 Tablespoons butter
Stir and saute in the butter:
3/4 lb. sliced white mushrooms
Add the beef, season with:
Salt and Pepper
A pinch of nutmeg
Add and heat briefly:
1/4 cup dry white wine
Then add:
1 cup warm whipping cream or sour cream (Greek yogurt works too)
Serve over egg noodles
>>
>>7048552
>>7048383
Wheres the fucking Paprika? WHAT IN THE FUCK?
>>
>>7048275
>store bough base

Do people actually do this?
>>
Similar to OP, I'm making a Ragu. Is it supposed to be a reddish-brown?

I simmered down tomatoes I bought from the market, set aside after passing through a sieve. Braised my beef in a fried mirepoix with red wine medium over night and come to cooking with the tomatoes added.
It's rather brown and though it smells (and tastes) rather nice, it's not exactly a strong tomato taste and the lack of redness is maybe somewhat alarming.

Did I fuck up somewhere?
>>
>>7048383
She may be cute, but that dumb cooking waifu didn't brown the beef.
>>
>>7048644
Add tomato paste. Pomodoro Paste. The Italian stuff.
But usually ragu doesn't have a strong tomato flavour compared to simple tomato sauce.
>>
>>7048682
Ahhh.
Thank you, anon.
>>
>>7048698
NP anon!
>>
>>7048611
Honestly never heard of paprika in stroganoff
>>
>>7048275
Well don't make it fucking green
>>
>>7048380
Came here to post this.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.