[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have never had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Today I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 9
File: 1.png (227 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1.png
227 KB, 400x300
I have never had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Today I will construct one. Any tips on making it perfect?
>>
>>7048004
2:1 ratio of PB to jelly
>>
bread
peanut butter
jelly
bread

bonus points for toasting it in a pan with some butter
>>
>>7048008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3HehLKqxsY
Like this?
>>
>>7048010
Sure.
>>
>>7048004
Use wash 2 wet down the spread. Takeur time and jus enjoyed it. Use crust 2male it texture. Use jam or marmalade to make it spicy. Use a biscuit also and potatoes roll. Ketchup amdnpicklea are my files classic. I use recipe as this at university dining warehouse.
>>
Twice as much peanut butter and jelly than bread.
>>
>>7048004
Basic Peanut butter and jelly sandwich

spread Peanut butter on 1 bread
spread Jelly on the other bread.
Close bread with peanut butter and jelly touching.
Cut into triangle and eat.

Last step is most important.

dont toast the bread it ruins the texture of sotfness and gooeyness only when you feel you are ready to take it another step then you cna toast.
>>
>>7048015
Were you having a stroke while typing that out or something?
>>
The worst thing you can do is use too much jelly and make your sandwich a soggy mess
>>
>>7048024
Use wash 2 make it so wet ad possible. Use bread on it as a holder for spreads. Use spreads like peanut sauce or redberry jam or chocolate jelly sauce. Use a slicer to make it into to sections.to make it down your mouth as a smaller pieces on it. Use cloth napkin official as wiping tool for counter surface and crumb.

Use cloth sponge or cottonsillk napkin as wiper.
>>
>>7048010
fuck that cunt
>>
Op here. Took all of your advice. Sandwich was incredible. Thank you all.
>>
>>7048023
Dontnu dare talk 2 me as that. I am a 12-star chef at several area-wide food distributors and have reached golden choice status. I will slice ur brain out of ur head!
>>
File: cbj.jpg (94 KB, 522x332) Image search: [Google]
cbj.jpg
94 KB, 522x332
>>7048010

>my sandwich when I knew what this was without clicking it
>>
File: 1294904226034.jpg (50 KB, 685x567) Image search: [Google]
1294904226034.jpg
50 KB, 685x567
>>7048095
>>
>>7048015
How drunk are you? I'm not judging, I'm a man of science. Just want to shoot straight here.
>>
Holy fuck what a bunch of novices.

If you want to make a good pbj you need to make a sbpbjs

Softened butter, peanut butter, jam, and a touch of salt(maldon es nombre 1).

If you have some nice soft butter on top of the peanut butter, that extra richness with the crunchy sea salt will really let the jam pierce through.

Fuck all this 2-1 ratio nonsense, more fat and more salt and if youre really feeling kinky add extra toasted and chopped nuts to the whole thing.

Once you have butter on your peanut-soybean oil and jam sandwich you're almost tempted to start making home made salt+peanuts+butter in a food processor yourself.
>>
File: 1431205850872.jpg (28 KB, 330x270) Image search: [Google]
1431205850872.jpg
28 KB, 330x270
How do you grill a good cheeses, I want to grill a good cheese but I don't know how to grill cheeses, what kind of bread do use for making cheeses? How to cheeses?
>>
Take 3 slices of bed. Spread peanut butter on two. Now put jelly on one and set the clean side of the second peanut butter bread on top. Now put jelly on bread number three. Put that on the top of bread number two.

You now have a pb&j big mac.
>>
File: 1439164567034.jpg (133 KB, 587x442) Image search: [Google]
1439164567034.jpg
133 KB, 587x442
>>7048030
>>
>>7048114
I use wheat bread for almost everything, but white bread grills really well.

Just put some cheese in two slices of bread. Deli cut #4 is a good thickness. Butter up a pan, grill until toasty. Flip, repeat. You can butter the bread beforehand if you like it more rich. That's really all there is to it.
>>
>>7048114
Yes.
>>
>>7048118
We're all loaded at this hour.
>>
>Tortilla
>Spread Peanut butter
>Slice banana
>Place slices on top of pb (you won't need a full banana)
>Wrap up
>Place on grill
>Toast that shit
>Eat
Its like a next level PB&J
>>
>>7048125
I will go try this, peppers too. I will submit a phtography end
>>
File: mycheeses.png (1 MB, 720x637) Image search: [Google]
mycheeses.png
1 MB, 720x637
>>7048125
>>7048204
Thank you for cheeses with me!!
>>
>>7048235
That's an ideal level of toasting. Good job anon.
>>
Isn't there already a thread instructing yuropoors how to spread peanut butter and jelly on two slices of bread?
>>
File: 8712100516382[1].jpg (1 MB, 1122x1772) Image search: [Google]
8712100516382[1].jpg
1 MB, 1122x1772
Use this GOAT peanut butter
>>
>>7048327
>no chunks
Fucking dropped
>>
>>7048336

it's the perfect balance between creamy and chunky
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noCsjgIhYCY
>>
>>7048336

Then get the one that's specifically made chunky for you autists.
>>
The most important thing about a PB&J regardless of anything else you do is to apply the peanut butter to both sides of the bread. The reason for this is that the jelly will seep through the bread slowly as soon as it is applied, so if you want to optimize it, you should put extra peanut butter on one side, and then a lesser amount on the other where the jam or jelly will go, and then get the jam mostly in the middle. The peanut butter on both sides will then create a seal stopping the jelly from coming out the sides, and will also keep the bread from getting soggy.

I think beyond that most of this other stuff isn't necessary. However if I was going to make the best PB&J that I could, I would use a sort of buttery bread with fewer pockets like a Brioche or Vienna Bread.
>>
>>7048007
This.

Also toasted is better.
>>
You absolutely must put chips on the PBJ as well, not even joking here, cool ranch doritos are best for it but regular old potato chips or fritos will do as well. we sing tonight senpai.
>>
Dip it into some chocolate milk. It's good. Fucking do it.
>>
>>7048095
...go on.
>>
>>7048015
KO
thank you
I really should sleep
>>
>>7048431
This is actually on point if you aren't going to eat it immediately.
>>
File: 1398845964772.png (175 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1398845964772.png
175 KB, 900x900
>>7048010
>siracha
>>
>>7048004
jelly should always be on the top, peanut butter on the bottom. otherwise the bread gets soggy. For your first time, you don't have to do anything special but here's how I do mine.

>toast bread
>Use strawberry jam
>that 'all natural' peanut butter stuff that's a bit more salty and less sweet than your mainstream brand
>Thinly sliced banana slices between the PB and J.
I haven't been able to make a PBJ that's better.
>>
>>7048004
put peanut butter on both sides of the bread, so that it doesn't get soggy from the jelly. also, eat with doritos and a glass of milk. Best thing with pbj
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.