[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>make lentil dish with spinach and bay leaf >can't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
>make lentil dish with spinach and bay leaf
>can't find the bay leaf
>>
cook with tomato paste. it will taste great.
>>
File: 1439258752778.png (34 KB, 118x180) Image search: [Google]
1439258752778.png
34 KB, 118x180
>Shaking up chicken in a bag with marinade
>Accidentally crumble the bay leaves into tiny pieces
>>
>>7047806

Who cares? If you bite into it you will know and you can spit it out, right?
>>
>start cooking
>realize I'm not even hungry
>>
>>7047809
When do you usually add that, while cooking the mirepoix?
>>
>>7047806
Is it bad to eat the bay leaf? If I forget about it I just eat it, or when I notice it in my mouth I'll remove it.

S'no thang
>>
Use a tablespoon of motor oil. Just get some from the garage.
>>
>>7047806
I made lentils too, anon. Lentil stew with tomato, cabbage, potato, onion, carrot, and celery. Seasoned it with paprika, oregano, salt, pepper, basil, and savory. Was pretty good. Almost used bay leaf but decided not to.
>>
>>7047896
Some members of the laurel family, as well as the unrelated but visually similar mountain laurel and cherry laurel, have leaves that are poisonous to humans and livestock. While these plants are not sold anywhere for culinary use, their visual similarity to bay leaves has led to the oft-repeated belief that bay leaves should be removed from food after cooking because they are poisonous. This is not true - bay leaves may be eaten without toxic effect. However, they remain very stiff even after thorough cooking, and if swallowed whole or in large pieces, they may pose a risk of scratching the digestive tract or even causing choking. There are multiple cases of intestinal perforations caused by swallowing bay leaves and they should not be swallowed or left in the food before serving to prevent the occurrence of a possibly fatal surgical emergency
>>
>>7047806
Stupid frogposter.
In the time it took you to post you could have found the bay leaf.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.