[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Potluck
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: tumblr_mieiusBBDS1qdorwao1_500.jpg (69 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mieiusBBDS1qdorwao1_500.jpg
69 KB, 500x375
Help me /ck/. We've having a Mexican potluck at work tomorrow I don't know what to bring. Easy things like chips and salsa have already been claimed. What do I do?
>>
chicken mole

basically enchiladas with a chocolate-based sauce. very good stuff. just buy it and pretend you made it off an internet recipe
>>
Put out a big bowl of jelly beans and every time someone takes some scare the shit of them. When they jump you can tell they're eating Mexican jumping beans.

Don't forget to park your car on the lawn.
>>
taquitos mayne!
>>
Tres leches
>>
If they're not claimed already do some quesadillas
Put Oaxaca cheese (or any meltable cheese) inside a tortilla and heat it up. You can even microwave that stuff and it's good. They're great entrees
>>
>>7047779
Have time to make some carnitas?
>>
>>7047779
Chicken tinga, senpai. This is a nice recipe, but I would add some cinnamon along with the oregano and cumin.

http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2014/04/chicken-tinga-tacos-recipe.html

Instead of tacos serve them on tostadas like this recipe (also this recipe is simpler but really tasty as well).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wqg8Jh0sU78

>>7047812
That or a flan. Here's how to make easy flan with just a blender and microwave.

Hardware:
Blender
Microwave safe measuring cup (2 cup is good)
Microwave safe 2-3qt mold. Round will cook more evenly but you can use rectangular pyrex container.

For the flan mix blend the following:
8-10 large eggs(depends how large of a mold you have handy)
1 bar of cream cheese
1 can of condensed milk + 1/2 a can of water
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract(can be omitted for just cheese flan).

For the caramel dissolve about one cup of granulated sugar in water until you have a thick syrup. Nuke the syrup for 3 minutes, then nuke it for 1 minute increments until it turns from clear to golden color. Immediately stop and coat your 2 qt(can be large but at least 2 qt) microwave safe container. Use as much or as little of the syrup into the mold.

Pour the mix into the caramel covered mold. Nuke it 10 minutes on medium power or until the center of flan mix is no longer liquid (could still be a little runny). Too long and you risk having a grainy consistency. Refrigerate over night and serve.

Best of luck!
>>
Tamale casserole
Enchiladas
Burritos
Burrito casserole
Giant taco salad
Pozole
Tortas
>>
>>7047812

It sounded more like OP was doing a Mexican themed thing, not catering to people who grew up eating koolaid and canned sugar milk.
>>
>>7047850
That flan is just the thing! I think I found my winner. I guess I should have said that no one put down a dessert yet. Thanks generous anon.
>>
Tinga tostadas
Chipotle cream meatballs
Orange-ancho ribs
ceviche

Mexican is the easiest route when it comes to small dishes/potluck
>>
Go to HEB and buy some of the tortillas they make fresh in house. Then buy some Asadero/Oaxaca cheese and melt that shit inside them, possibly adding some pico in there as well.
>>
>>7047886
That's too plain. Need to add a stew at least to make a decent quesadilla
>>
>>7047879
I hope it turns out nicely for you. My mom and I have used this recipe for years and it's always a favorite.

>>7047882
>Chipotle cream meatballs
>Orange-ancho ribs
Do you have recipes for these? I'm interested if you do.
>>
>>7047879
Also, the microwave safe measuring cup is where you are going to do the caramel(I forgot to clarify that). Pyrex 2-cup is what I use.

Soak in hot soapy water over night to dissolve hardened leftover caramel.
>>
>>7047779
Old el paso taco dinner kit
Tamales in a can
Tacobell If you just wanna avoid cooking altogether
>>
>>7047895
The meatball one is in spanish

http://www.chefanapaula.com.mx/recetas/salado/i/2430/ALBONDIGAS_EN_SALSA_CREMOSA_DE_CHIPOTLE.html

and here's the one for the ribs

I substitute the anchos for pasillas though and add some honey

http://www.food.com/recipe/costillitas-en-naranja-mexican-ribs-in-orange-chili-sauce-12207
>>
>>7047914
Much appreciated.

>I substitute the anchos for pasillas though and add some honey

What's the difference? Is one harder to find where you live? Just curious.
>>
>>7047914
Also, what can I use to substitute queso panela? I live somewhere with not that many Mexican markets(almost none tbqh). Can I use Oaxaca cheese instead? Other non-Mexican cheese?
>>
>>7047927
Pasilla is a bit more bitter (with hints of coffee )which goes well with a sweet component. I'm also a bit biased since my first Mexican recipe consisted of Pasillas and I've been using them in everything since.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvCvg90_pjA

They're both good though, excellent to use as a chille relleno
>>
>>7047937
its a crumbly cheese so use quesco blanco or some type of mozzarella. Also add some mint and oregano in the meatballs if you like
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.