[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Robert Irvine basically Food Network's PC Principal version
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7
File: pc principal.jpg (167 KB, 1479x984) Image search: [Google]
pc principal.jpg
167 KB, 1479x984
Is Robert Irvine basically Food Network's PC Principal version of Gordon Ramsay?

Ramsay doesn't want anything to do with the cunts at Food Network so they came up with this joke.
>>
>>7047219
When did they make the new season of Married with Children?
>>
>>7047276
>doze forearms though

i really need to work on those
>>
>>7047276
Quit being a fag and do your fucking curls. Your probably already a year behind because you fell for the curlbro meme
>>
>>7047219
That dude's head is way too small for his body. He looks retarded and comes across as a talking head moron.
>>
>>7047340
STFU DYEL faggot skellington, the man has pretty good aesthetics desu senpai the only thing I'd recommend is more lateral raises, his delts look a little weak in relation to the reset of his physique which is pretty fucking good senpai

manlets, they never learn
>>
>>7047276
Just be content with your fat body
>low self-esteem
>>
>>7047348
>fat
bitch I'm 13% bodyfat and I'm not even cutting
>>
>>7047219
>>7047289

He's on that Drew Pinsky aesthetic tho
>>
That is quite possibly the ugliest man alive
>>
File: laughingwhores.png (490 KB, 449x401) Image search: [Google]
laughingwhores.png
490 KB, 449x401
>>7047403
No, that would be you
>>
>>7047347
>desu senpai
fucking kill yourself.
>>
>>7047418
>doesn't know about the wordfilters
>>
>>7047219
His biceps are large. Not as large as his ears though....
>>
File: Pinhead_Puppet_Master.jpg (26 KB, 342x500) Image search: [Google]
Pinhead_Puppet_Master.jpg
26 KB, 342x500
He looks like this dude from that movie puppetmaster
>>
>>7047442
Don't those only work on the initial post?
>>
>>7048159
Nope.
>>
Gordon Ramsay has a pretty handful of Michelin stars, and went on TV to ham it up and make even more money, purely as a businessman.

Robert Irvine lied about his credentials to get a show, but people liked him more than the winners of next food network star, so they kept him around.
>>
>>7047276
How exactly do you expect to grow your biceps if you dont work it out?

Stop being stupid.
>>
>>7048162
Maybe it's different if not in catalog mode, I usually have catalog mode on and there the whole post isn't downloaded each time. The filtering as far as it looks is done locally and not on the server so the filter can only work on the text of the first post. That what it looks like anyway.
>>
Eh, I like Robert Irvine, he's got good personality and doesn't mind making fun of himself. Plus he's the only fit chef, kinda tired of everyone being a pillow. Though, he does look like a Norwegian troll.
>>
File: Norwegian-Troll-791691[1].jpg (34 KB, 300x450) Image search: [Google]
Norwegian-Troll-791691[1].jpg
34 KB, 300x450
>>7048803
>Norwegian troll

kek

Also Ramsay is pretty fit, not as much as Roidbert here but still
>>
>>7049224
>being fit means having big muscles
idiot. Ramsay repeatedly runs marathons, swims miles, does biking races, etc. This roidhead probably couldn't do anything that requires a muscle other than biceps
>>
>>7049299
>being fit means cardio

You're an idiot.
>>
>>7047356
That's not that good dude.
>>
File: IMG_1332.jpg (82 KB, 720x668) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1332.jpg
82 KB, 720x668
>>7049398
>>
File: body-fat-chart-for-men[1].png (27 KB, 566x230) Image search: [Google]
body-fat-chart-for-men[1].png
27 KB, 566x230
>>7049415
That actually is pretty good
>>
>>7049398
Being fit is a combination of the two, retard. Ramsay has plenty of physique and is still well conditioned. this fag is all glamour muscles and no substance. I'm sure he could curl a fuck ton but ask him to run a 5k or do a clean and he'd flounder
>>
>>7049398
Having stamina is much more useful in day-to-day life than being able to lift a weighted bar 5 times
>>
>>7049563
>>7049558

Irvine has done marathons and half-marathons for charity, retard, he's said as much in interviews. Please get more assblasted and shit on this thread some more, though.
>>
>>7047276
pull ups and chin ups, retardo
weighted, once you go past 5x5 or so
>>
People will defend that fuck Irvine but hate on Guy Fieri, I dont get it
>>
>>7049706
Irvine at least has some semblance of culinary devotion, interest, and experience prior to becoming a food network skizzy, and he carries a little of that through.
I don't really care about anyone on the food network, but if they held more standards like making sure their chefs were actually chefs, I might care a little more about what they do on the channel.
>>
>>7049799

>if they held more standards like making sure their chefs were actually chefs

This is my main problem with FN. They dumb everything down for housewives when all I want to see is actual chefs working the line.

I actually watched a bunch of Hell's kitchen yesterday for the first time, and while I completely understand the criticism it got (scripted, Ramsey obviously hamming it up, etc...), it's actually much more interesting because they are trying to run a real kitchen (despite the fact that all they show is everyone continually fucking up).

It's even better than Iron Chef in that regard; IC and Chopped show almost no actual cooking.
>>
>>7050092
What made people like Julia Child, Alton Brown, or even Emeril great was that they demystified good cooking. They showed people how, through some additional knowledge and skills and a bit of extra work, you could make a dish nearly as well (occasionally even better!) than what you got at a fancy restaurant.

Modern FN does the opposite. Because they no longer try to teach people to cook any way but the lazy, crappy way they're already cooking in the name of "accessibility," they further mystify food. Instead of becoming better at cooking, all they learn is how to cook new but equally mediocre dishes to the ones they're already making, and are therefore still left wondering what makes fancy restaurant food taste so good.
>>
>>7050092

Top Chef is the best of those shows.
>>
File: trumpfriend.jpg (83 KB, 960x877) Image search: [Google]
trumpfriend.jpg
83 KB, 960x877
>>7050198
No, it's not. TS is all about that ice bitch's tits and hipster faggotry. The best is MC, any international version and even the US version.

To OP, it's an entertaining and educational program, and Robert's pretty entertaining. I ran into him a couple months ago over a lunch meeting at Liberty Tavern in Arlington VA. Nice chap; he's really cooled off a bit from the years when, even he'd admit, he was a lying braggart.
>>
>>7050147

One of the best things about Julia Child was how no nonsense she was when handling food.

Fuck having everything prepared before you turn on the camera so all you have to do is pour shit into a pan and stir over medium heat, FN style.

That's honestly one of the only things I like about Maangchi; it might not be restaurant tier, but it's like watching someone who grew up cooking for their 10 younger siblings. It honestly demystifies the whole scary idea of cooking. In a real kitchen things are insane, but restaurant food still makes it out of the kitchen.
>>
>>7047219
>dat pose for a picture

God I hate that shit. I don't get why photographers won't just take a picture of me actually working. It looks more real and gives it authenticity instead of making it look like a cheesy cookbook cover.

>Can you hold your knife like you're going to cut the meat?
>How about you sharpen your knife and you look right at the camera?
>Pretend that you're giving your staff orders

The worst one though...

>Can you hold TWO knives and cross them across your chest?

Fucking hell.
>>
>>7050778

>the worst one though...
>can you hold two knives and cross them across your chest

Read this and then see that exact image with MPW in the next post.

There are good chefs who do promotional shit they know nothing about, and then there are celebrity chefs who are mediocre but know how to ham it up for the camera.
>>
>>7050800
To be fair MPW was at one point a really great chef.
>>
>>7050297
Top Shef? Retard. Well you do enjoy watching cooking competition shows.

Did the meathead tell you about being knighted by the queen, been given a Scottish castle, working for 3 presidents or working on the wedding cake for Diana?
>>
>>7049563
benefits of jogging:
-you can tell other people you jogged for a really long time

benefits of lifting:
-you can effortlessly move heavy objects such as dishwashers or your mom
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.