[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You are never going to make a vegan/skinny/GF version of something
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
You are never going to make a vegan/skinny/GF version of something that tastes better than its non- vegan/skinny/GF counterpart.

This is a fact.
>>
Captain Obvious, everyone
>>
Op posted this thread to convince himself that this is one of the benefits of not having a girlfriend
>>
This should gave been called: OP'S Butthurt: The Quickening
>>
I once had a vegan, raw-food cheesecake that was actually /better/ than many standard cheesecakes I've had, oddly enough.

Also, I bake vegan cookies/biscuits that are, quite honestly, indistinguishable from their traditional counterparts.

That said, I am not vegan, I have never been vegan and I will never be vegan, but I like trying vegan and vegetarian products to see how they compare to traditional. Most of the time, they fucking suck and don't even come close to what they're aping at, though sometimes, very rarely, they meet or exceed the proper version.
>>
A place near me sells the tastiest vegan cupcakes, very moist and delicious somehow.
>>
I hope that global is at least a bread knife and not some meme serrated knife. Even if it is, high end bread knives are kinda dumb.
>>
>>7047454
Oh wait looks like there are chives on it, nice meme knife.
>>
File: 1445778482018.gif (410 KB, 221x196) Image search: [Google]
1445778482018.gif
410 KB, 221x196
>tfw my religion prescribes vegetarianism or veganism
>>
File: 1396338681539.gif (528 KB, 276x305) Image search: [Google]
1396338681539.gif
528 KB, 276x305
>>7046697
>drinking out of jars
lolololololololololololol
>>
Soyrizo is a pretty fantastic substitute for the real stuff in breakfast burritos. I've actually come to prefer it.
>>
>>7047852
Same here, and I'm literally and physically a cattle rancher and avid meat eater. I just like the texture and lack of fat in soyrizo, IDGAF what people think.
>>
>>7047832
is that sam?
>>
>>7047832
>not drinking iced tea out of a jug
>>
But I have both a non vegan, non skinny gf, and a G2.

What are you even trying to say?
>>
>>7047858
ye
>>
>>7047832
I only drink out of mason jars.
>>
>>7047863
Jugs are for drinking, jars are not.
>>
I make vegan quenelles at the restaurant where I work, and they are fucking superb. I prefer them over the meat ones.
>>
veggie samosas are wayyyyy better than meat samosas OP
literally the only example i can think of but still
>>
>skinny version
>GF version
what does that imply?
wouldn't skinny just be less of it?
>>
>>7046856

>I once had a vegan, raw-food cheesecake that was actually /better/ than many standard cheesecakes I've had, oddly enough.

the thing is that's *so* different from an actual cheesecake you can't even call it a substitute really. it's a nut puree.
>>
I somewhat disagree with this statement, because there are dishes which are incidentally gluten free, or vegan or whatever that are excellent and could be better than the classic recipe.
I know a couple recipes for gluten free cakes, one which is like a firm baked chocolate custard, and one which is an orange almond meal cake. These cakes are as good or better than cakes with wheat flour, but they are different recipes which were never intended to be 'gluten free' as such in the first place, they merely are incidentally gluten free.
Felafel is pretty good, and is vegan, and I don't think it would be improve any by introducing meat. Dhal, the lentil curry is great and also vegan. That doesn't need meat at all, and I would argue that the introduction of meat would change the recipe such that it would no longer be dhal.
I can do a mushroom risotto that needs no meat, and while it is arguably improved with a good chicken stock, a good clear vegetable stock is just as serviceable.
>>
>>7048703

Not really, because there are cheesecakes that don't require baking and are essentially just set blocks of cream cheese.
>>
>>7048638
agreed
>>
>>7046697
OP has never heard of over-compensation.

Proper vegan baking is fucking decadent because the bakers have long since done away with the basic recipe. Faux meats can have a bunch of tasty shit in them since they know aiming for "like-meat" is stupid and impossible.

Gluten-free is shit though.
>>
>>7049301
Right but they have cheese. Hence CHEESEcake. You had a nutcake.
>>
>>7049614
Luv you man
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.