[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does everything I make taste bland until I dump a bunch of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
Why does everything I make taste bland until I dump a bunch of salt in? Is that all there is to cooking? Salt and sugar and MSG?
>>
>>7046570

You've ruined your palate with alcohol and smoking.
>>
>>7046570
Either you're an old fart or you're a smoker.
>>
>>7046574
Guaranteed replies
>>
>>7046574
this.
>>
>>7046570
I have this problem too. My food never tastes as good as something I could get from even a fast food place...which is cheaper than the prepared meals I can find in the meat section at the grocery store that comes with several ingredients and directions.

Just, I could make 12 eggs, following proper recipes exactly, and I'd still prefer either of McDonalds ones. It's almost unbelievable how often people say "i prefer my own stuff to that fast food shit", almost like it's a lie they tell themselves for whatever reason.
>>
>>7046570
the salt just brings out the flavour of whatever you've already put into the dish
>>
>>7046581

Yes.

Sometimes the truth hurts and inspires butthurt posts.
>>
File: angry_pepe.jpg (65 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
angry_pepe.jpg
65 KB, 900x900
>>7046574
>>
>>7046619
retard
>>
File: 1314947250545.jpg (92 KB, 422x594) Image search: [Google]
1314947250545.jpg
92 KB, 422x594
>>7046570
too much of a good thang, nigger.

you do know what actual food tastes like, right?
>>
>>7046609
this
adding salt to something that tastes like shit will still taste like shit
>>
You could try using a Knorr Stock Pot instead of salt, it will make your food taste a lot better.
>>
>>7047859
people have to make money. you think he should be some saintly dude? refusing money?
>>
>>7047859
Thank you Marco
>>
>>7046570

Learn to Maillard.

Stop smoking.

Don't be so old.
>>
Salt is like fuel for flavour trucks on your tastebud roads. The trucks are made of fat. Msg is nitrous, vegetables are scooters made of water.
>>
>>7047859
What's wrong with using stock? I don't have the time to always make my own stock so I just use the premade stuff. Anything wrong with that?
>>
>>7048454
It's just the latest /ck/ Bantâ„¢. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ao9Oi1HPbSk
>>
>>7046611
More often dumbasses try to spread their idiocy.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.