[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>be a pretty well skilled home cook (I still have a lot I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 1442600470600.png (238 KB, 984x668) Image search: [Google]
1442600470600.png
238 KB, 984x668
>be a pretty well skilled home cook (I still have a lot I could improve on but for the most part I'm pretty good)
>everyone always talks about how great my chili is
>there is a chili competition at the local farmer's market
>everyone tells me to enter
>I do
>chili gets tried by everyone but ultimately, judges decide the winner
>get 3rd place because two of the judges remarked on my chili as "needing beans"
>>
>>7045265
post your recipe, anon
>>
>>7045269
I won't divulge the whole thing but it is mostly pieces of various cuts of pork and steak. There are some onions and peppers in it, occasionally I add other things as I see fit (for instance, if I'm trying to use a lot of leftover produce). The main flavor comes from a mole sauce I make with some ancho chiles, cinnamon, cloves, black pepper, chocolate, and coffee. For the broth, I add some strongly flavored beer, like a stout (not Guinness). I don't add too much of it because I don't want to stout flavor to overwhelm the spices in the mole

Some would argue that the inclusion of the mole makes it not chili but they can go fuck themselves. I tasted the other two competitors. And while they were pretty good, the only reason they were ranked above mine is because they had fuck tons of beans.
>>
>>7045273
Next time you should add beans then shithead.
>>
File: 1439743461816.gif (307 KB, 650x475) Image search: [Google]
1439743461816.gif
307 KB, 650x475
>>7045273
>omits beans because muh authenticity
>includes mole
>>
>>7045289
I never said I left them out for "authenticity" shit head. I left them out because they taste like shit in chili and serve no purpose other than to distract you from the meat and the broth.
>>
>>7045292
And the beans.
>>
>>7045265
>entering a chili contest with a meatsoup
just add the beans anon
>>
>>7045302
No. I won't sell out just to win some chili competition run by neanderthals
>>
>>7045292
Clearly the judges at your local "farmer's market" disagree with you there.
>>
>>7045306
add something mild that will add a different texture but aren't beans. Parsnips would be good. I've always liked adding brussels sprouts to my chili because they soak up flavor and are pretty damn good
>>
>>7045309
yeah and I also live in a midwest flyover shithole thanks to my girlfriend so I don't really trust their judgment
>>
>>7045315
>lives in midwest flyover shithole
>can't even win chili contest there
You should probably just kill yourself now desu because it's not going to get any better for you.
>>
>>7045314
thanks for the tip
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.