[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pork Loin
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
time to get down in the kitchen.

4 3/4 lbs pork loin.
>>
http://m.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipe/five-spice-pork-tenderloin-hoisin-sauce

Here's the recipe I shall be using.
>>
>>7044633
What does half boneless mean? Is half the bone still in there? Why?
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Adding Serrano and bayleaf
>>
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Seared, now baking at 350
>>
>>7044756

Fuck you cunt, I wanted a pork tenderloin sammich.

Also If you're from Louisiana why are you doing this shit at 2:20?
>>
>>7044785
I'm a waiter. Worked a double tonight and wanted something to eat through the weekend. Night owl.
>>
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>7044800
>>
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>7044803
>>
>>7044806
but why are the peppers "that are not actually hot at all and have no flavor" Serrano's on the outside?
>>
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>7044814
Serranos have a ton of flavor! I season them with adobo and cook them down in oil. I cook it down into a paste and sear some pieces.
>>
>>7044820

Looks good OP, would chow down with you.

Well the innards, outside is too well done that's all you sen-senpai-pai.
>>
>>7044827
this new 4chan owner has to go, putting fucking macros on like this is a fucking iphone.
>>
>>7044827
By the way, that's just half of the roast. I froze the other half.

I also did a tonkotsu glaze to make it "Asian BBQ"-style
>>
>>7044633
if you cut that into steaks and grill them you'll get greater caramelization and flavor than pan roasting it.
>>
>4 3/4 lbs

Wait what? Are that 4 pieces or is that a supposed to be a single one? What kind of genetically modified pork has such heavy loins?
>>
>>7045027
Loin =/= tenderloin
>>
>>7045103
Wonder what I should do with the other half
>>
>>7044655
It's half of a boneless pork loin.
>>
>>7044806
>>7044820
too pink for pork for me. that would be perfect for prime rib or something.
>>
>>7044633

Why the fuck is this called just "pork loin"

I get there is a fair bit of confusion relating to the same cuts with different names between countries, aswell as how they are broken down, but just loin could be a variety of cuts.

It appears to be either a whole/half a sirloin, although you hear the name and could probably relate at least 3 different cuts to it.
>>
>>7048143
They all come from the same primal loin cut.

Most pork loins you get in cryo packages like that in the store in the US contain both a piece of sirloin and a piece of tenderloin. They call it a "loin" since that's where the cut comes from and it contains both parts.
>>
>>7048152

Not if they are boneless.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.