[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tea is better than coffee, discuss.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 5
File: Votoms_mug.jpg (134 KB, 1000x618) Image search: [Google]
Votoms_mug.jpg
134 KB, 1000x618
Tea is better than coffee, discuss.
>>
>two ways to get caffeine
>you have to choose between the two

People enjoy all sorts of different things, and have different tastes.

I usually just drink water or vodka.
>>
>>7043934
Coffee gives me indigestion, tea does not. Tea also has many more health benefits. It's pretty great.
>>
OP takes more giant black cocks in the ass than his mother. Discuss.
>>
Depends on the time of the day for me. Neat VOTOMS mug. Where'd you get it?
>>
>>7043950
It's a Cospa mug that came out a month or so ago. I got it from AmiAmi, but Hobbylink Japan had it to. Last I saw it was Discontinued though. You might get luck if you check the sites though.
>>
>>7043924
I'd only had iced tea until this year, never liked iced tea. Hot tea is waaay better. I still use teabags because I was given around 200 of them and want to go through them before I get into fresh tea leaves and containers for it and a teapot and shit.

Still love coffee and would prefer to make some of that if it wasn't more effort to grind the beans and wash the coffee pot and shit.
>>
>>7043959
Ah I see, thanks.
>>
>>7043924
Switched to tea because it's cheaper and easier to make than espresso.
>>
>>7043924
Orange juice is better than three small toffees and a foggy sunset.
>>
>>7044457
with like a tenth of the caffeine.
>>
>>7043924
I agree

also Irish tea is the best, Lyons > Barrys

also earl grey > lady grey >>>>>>>>>>anything else
>>
>>7043924
Sauce on mug?
>>
I'd just like to tell you something I learned in my health class today. All you tea drinkers out there, who think they are getting great health benefits are idiots. You are drinking leaves, how is that healthy? Your just drinking chlorophyll!

90% of the people who drink tea on this site are just fucking WEEABOOS. You drink tea just because the JAPS do it. Well, the JAPS have you conned. The other 10% are just britfags, and you are excused, because you are naturally fucking morons. Tea is just a LEAF! Japs aren't smart. You see how shitty their Yen is? You think that someone, who can't even keep a good economy, has the intelligence to know how good tea is? Bullshit.

Enjoy your diluted organic particles and chlorophyll, you've all been conned by the crafty, yet idiot NIPS.
>>
tea literally makes you age slower.
>>
>>7044742
When will the sheeple learn? And here I am brewing myself a nice mug of beef tenderloin while surrounded by cud chewing savages.
>>
>>7044509

just take caffeine pills
>>
>>7043943
What health benefits? No no don't give me that ">not knowing the benefits of tea" bullshit and don't tell me to google it either. You tell me how drinking tea improves my health.
>>
>>7043934
what is even your point how is this relevant to the thread
>>
>>7044805
antioxidants
>>
>>7044805
These health cunts are full of shit, the only differences between tea and coffee are flavour, acidity, caffeine content and the fact that tea has theanine and coffee doesn't. Tea and coffee are about the same on antioxidant content anyway. I prefer tea because coffee gives me the jitters, and I always add milk and sugar to coffee which doesn't help my calorie intake.
>>
>>7044805
You're a lazy minded child
>>
>>7043924
i get a bigger kick from coffee, but that flavor is more often terrible. tea is easier and loosens me up in the morning in winter.
>>
tea has naturally occuring flouride to make your teeth healthier and calcify your pineal gland

coffee stains your teeth brown.
>>
i just drink carbonara with extra cream desu senpai
>>
>>7043924
Stereotypical Englishman here, and even I have to say "they're different drinks, they aren't in some sort of competition".

Though, in most cases where I have access to at least half-decent examples of both, I prefer tea, there are times and places where one is appropriate and the other not: you wouldn't serve tea after a dinner, for instance.

The other caveat is that bad coffee is a great deal more tolerable than bad tea, and sometimes that choice is all you have.
>>
>>7045249
P.S. Flavoured teas are ok, occasionally (I'll make an exception for Earl Grey). Herbal "teas" are the work of Satan.

All the supposed health benefits are negligible or just bullshit.
>>
>>7045164
>calcify your pineal gland
kek
>>
>>7045164
>tea has naturally occuring flouride
It's spelled 'fluoride' and it makes you dumb. It's scientifically classified as a neurotoxin.

http://fluoridealert.org/news/fluoride-newly-identified-as-dangerous-to-brains/
>>
>>7045249
>The other caveat is that bad coffee is a great deal more tolerable than bad tea
Merifat here and I'm the opposite. I can drink any swill that's tea, hot or cold. But I can only stand the really good coffees.
>>
>>7045277
>Here, let me link you to a tin foil conspiracy website to prove myself
>>
>>7045323
www.thelancet.com/journals/laneur/article/PIIS1474-4422%2813%2970278-3/fulltext
>>
>>7043924
I prefer tea over coffee, for several reasons. But, coffee is nice too. I love the smell of fresh ground beans, and a nice cup of espresso or black coffee after a meal is wonderful.
That said, I drink tea nearly all the time because I just prefer the more gentle lift of tea, and the amount of variation I get with tea. I drink Yorkshire tea with milk in the morning with or as breakfast (2 cups), and then switch to darjeeling (about 2 - cups), and then have green tea in the late afternoon or evening (at least 1 cup, or if we're going out, 2-3 cups).
But, I enjoy coffee several times a week too, but not every day.
>>
>>7044493
Orange juice is delicious, but it's too full of sugar, it shouldn't be drank every day, unless you are actually using the old fashioned juice glasses that hold about 4 oz.
>>
>>7044742
You are getting a poor education, inner city weirdo.
>>
for some reason, drinking coffee makes me sleepy.

drinking tea does not.
>>
>>7044493
Grape juice is the superior fruit drink, by a long shot.
>>
>>7045139
Depends on the tea. Especially if you add herbal teas into the mix (though they're not technically tea. For instance, hibiscus tea as been shown to lower blood pressure by a fairly significant amount.
>>
When just comparing taste, both consumed black, tea beats coffee far and away. But coffee has more caffeine and it makes me shit so it wins in the end.
>>
>>7047171
Grape juice is just sugar water
>>
>>7047668
http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/nutrition-and-healthy-eating/expert-answers/food-and-nutrition/faq-20058529
>>
>>7043924
I like both.
>>
>>7047677
Same, though coffee gives me indigestion. I prefer tea.
>>
>>7043924
Chai latte tbqh lads
>>
I prefer coffee in the morning, but yes the rest of the day tea is the better beverage. Especially at night. Nothing like going to bed after drinking a cuppa chamomile
>>
I enjoy mixing coffee and tea in the same cup, especially cold brew coffee and iced tea.
>>
/r/ing some tea infographs
>>
dextroamphetamine > *

cum @ me foodies :^)
>>
>>7047939
same senpai
>>
>>7043934
Please, be more of an idiot.

Also, congrats on being 17, we're happy for you.
>>
>>7047177
Then why isn't it being recommended by doctors?
>>
>>7044809
since you're an idiot:
one is not better than the other
>>
>>7044509
Tea has more caffeine than coffee.
>>
>>7049494
In the leaf yes, but since you're not drinking the leaf you get about the third of the caffeine of coffee. Matcha has more caffeine than coffee though.
>>
I want some tea, but it's so close to bed time. I have Yerba Mate, Gunpowder Green, Chai, and Darjeeling. Any of these I can drink close to bed without getting too much caffeine?
>>
>>7043924
You are wrong theres nothing to discuss.
>>
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 452x523) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 452x523
>>7049371
Your guess is as good as mine.
>>
>>7049532
That's because in that case you *are* drinking the leaf.
>>
>>7049371
Why would you do something that harms your job prospects or profitability?
>>
File: 1267170962463.jpg (82 KB, 1500x1155) Image search: [Google]
1267170962463.jpg
82 KB, 1500x1155
>mfw I'm not allowed to drink tea or coffee until I'm done with my allergy testing, which takes several weeks......
>>
File: 1414919795045.png (795 KB, 600x519) Image search: [Google]
1414919795045.png
795 KB, 600x519
>>7043924

Some tea is better than most coffee.
Some coffee is better than all tea.
>>
File: mysodawhen.jpg (29 KB, 283x424) Image search: [Google]
mysodawhen.jpg
29 KB, 283x424
>>7050670

>your face when it turns out you're "allergic to caffeine"
>your face when you keep drinking it anyway
>>
>>7044825
>antioxidants
Found the Lipton tea drinker
Thats just marketing.
Im healthy and i drink coffee though i dont drink more thanone recommended size serving.
>>
>>7044745
>iheard this fact because i saw it on spirit science or click bait sites.
You are a fucking idiot
>>
>>7050505
>>7050597
>le doctors sabotaging our health.
You do realize you will get sick or injured without a dr.s help right?
Its not recommended because its not that significant
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.