[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /ck/ picked this strange looking pork belly product up at
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6
File: 20151104_204716.jpg (3 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
20151104_204716.jpg
3 MB, 4128x2322
Hey /ck/ picked this strange looking pork belly product up at my local chinese grocer as it was on sale. I'm at a loss as to what do with and google isn't turning up much, any thoughts?
>>
File: 20151104_204728.jpg (3 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
20151104_204728.jpg
3 MB, 4128x2322
>>7043638
A second pic of the label. I have had the uncooked chinese style sausage that you throw into a pot of rice as you cook it. I was thinking of doing the same, please help me not die.
>>
i mean, fried rice is a very obvious one. soak it in water and use it in all kinds of stir fries or candy it with some rice wine or something.
>>
>>7043656

also it's called lap yuk.
>>
>>7043656
>>7043662
thanks anon, that term produces a lot more google results.
>>
>>7043656

>5 long strands of bone in, skin on pork belly
>make fried rice

Is that actually a thing?
>>
>>7043704

yes chinese bacon is pretty common in fried rice, you soak it before hand or put it in with the steaming rice to flavour it. obviously you don't put the bone in the dish.
>>
>>7043638
Was about to say it looks like pork belly before I saw >>7043643

Do pork belly things. Or fry it like bacon. Or google pork belly recipes.
>>
Chinesefag here. We use it a lot just as a side for plain rice.
>>
My advice is to slice it thin cause it can be chewy as fuck sometimes
>>
File: HKYJPAndChicAJJ-2.jpg (115 KB, 362x500) Image search: [Google]
HKYJPAndChicAJJ-2.jpg
115 KB, 362x500
>>7043643
I was just wondering what I am supposed to do with these Chinese hot dogs besides sliced coins into fried rice.
So just stick the whole thing in with the rice while its cooking?
>>
Free it, and then stick it in your poop chute.
>>
Well since you're not Chinese there's not much you can do with it besides fried rice.
>>
>>7044147

Because of the immune system?
>>
>>7044150
Because you wouldn't know how to prepare it
>>
File: tumblr_m056fwi1Fb1r9gr7to2_250.png (34 KB, 250x188) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m056fwi1Fb1r9gr7to2_250.png
34 KB, 250x188
Whoops I thought I was on the cooking board or something.
>>
>>7043722
who the fuck soaks lap yuk?
>>
Make 红烧肉:
http://thewoksoflife.com/2014/04/shanghai-style-braised-pork-belly/

It was chairman mao's favorite dish
>>
>>7044197
>/ck/
>expects food

Faggot pls die
>>
>>7044258
Mao's pork belly is a different version, and the version you posted is not Shanghai-Style Braised Pork Belly.
Lastly, you can't make that from 腊肉
>>
File: IMG (1).jpg (62 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
IMG (1).jpg
62 KB, 640x480
>>7043638
Oh those! My god, great are these.

They are great for making stew. They are cured with both salt and sugar, so expect sweet taste.

Cut them into thin slices, and they caramelize them in oil. Add the holy trinity, and meat of your choice, then stew away!

It is also a very good starter for Japanese style curry!.
>>
>>7044284
shut the fuck up you shanghai newfag
>>
File: IMG (10).jpg (36 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
IMG (10).jpg
36 KB, 640x480
>>7044293
cont'd

Those are Hong Kong style smoked pork bellies. Anything Hong Kong style usually have some sweet taste to it. Szchuan style smoked pork are savory ONLY, and Szchuan style smoked sausages are very SPICY and full of szchuan peppers, which give it a savory and numbing taste.

Generally, Hong Kong style smoked preserves are great with stews. Szchuan style ones are usually enjoyed as it is (slice into thin slices, and steam, for both Szchuan smoked pork belly and sausage).

腊肉 literally translate into Wax Meat, judging by the shiny texture of your preserve, I guess you can see why.
>>
>>7044128
I love them with eggs. Slice them thin and saute with onions, mushrooms, and garlic then throw it in eggs with soy sauce instead of salt, plus pepper and chilies or anything spicy and scramble together. Delicious...
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.