[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's some healthy food that I can easily pack and eat
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 9
File: 1440878618134.jpg (185 KB, 468x500) Image search: [Google]
1440878618134.jpg
185 KB, 468x500
What's some healthy food that I can easily pack and eat almost anywhere (or at least on a bench)?
>>
File: braunschweiger.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
braunschweiger.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
Macaroni salad and braunschweiger.
>>
I pack grilled chicken Cesar salads. Make sure to tape your tupperware lid closed though.
>>
>>7042903
carrots and cucumber with hummus
>>
Raw cookie dough
>>
spaghetti
>>
File: 1441609012789.jpg (81 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
1441609012789.jpg
81 KB, 540x540
>>7043242
>>
File: Turobolje Bild 066.jpg (176 KB, 800x532) Image search: [Google]
Turobolje Bild 066.jpg
176 KB, 800x532
>>7042916
impressive dose of liver sausage, I've only ever eaten it like in the pic
>>
File: carnegie liverwurst.jpg (397 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
carnegie liverwurst.jpg
397 KB, 1024x768
>>7043272

That's pretty typical for a liverwurst sandwich in the States.

Our stuff is probably a bit more mild than a lot of German and Eastern European stuff; it's basically somewhere between a cold cut and a pate.

If you want an impressive dose try it at one of the tourist delis in NYC.

>ordered pic related not knowing what i was getting into
>pretty sure there's an entire hard boiled egg hidden among the folds
>>
>>7043299
>literal mountain of cold cuts
>an entire onion, sliced
>one small slice of rye bread on top and bottom

the first and last time I ever went to Carnegie Deli
>>
File: 1383182514068.png (171 KB, 396x423) Image search: [Google]
1383182514068.png
171 KB, 396x423
I drink lots of vodka. That cleans out my system, and even cleans my teeth (I haven’t brushed in years, and haven’t had a cavity since).

I also eat a liverwurst sandwich pretty much every day – to counterbalance the effects the vodka has on my liver. I make my sandwiches on seeded rye (because it’s the healthiest bread), with mayo (because eggs are the best protein; I use kewpie, because the msg makes it taste better), coarse mustard (good for the white blood cells), zucchini pickles (because they taste good), and a bunch of baby spinach (just for filler; it could honestly be left out).

I also eat a lot of canned fish (mostly sardines, but also the occasional fancy smoked oysters) on saltines. They give you all your essential amino acids, and provide a nice opportunity to try out various hot sauces, which are generally very low in calories, while high in flavor and immensely prodigious to healthiness.

Aside from that, I drink large amounts of water (anywhere between ice-cold to slightly chilled) every day, always through a straw, and sometimes with a lemon wedge.

To each their own, I say, but I’m just shy of 30 and am doing better than most of you.
>>
File: Adams-peanut-butter.jpg (55 KB, 350x523) Image search: [Google]
Adams-peanut-butter.jpg
55 KB, 350x523
natural peanut butter on whole wheat bread.

it's a calorie bomb, but i consider that a good thing. one small sandwich can provide 500 calories, enough to get energize you for 6-10 hours.
>>
File: keneke plate lunch wide.jpg (137 KB, 640x583) Image search: [Google]
keneke plate lunch wide.jpg
137 KB, 640x583
>>7042916

When I read random food combinations I often google them to see if I can find a picture.

This time I have failed.

Still inspired to make some Hawaiian style half-mayo macaroni salad tomorrow.
>>
>>7043398
That place is disgusting, the waitstaff is rude, the plates dirty, and the prices are stupidly high, but then I wouldn't expect anything else from the 50s on the west side of Manhattan. They're used to getting the moron yenta crowd there and it's full of cockroaches. That whole neighborhood is filled with cockroaches.
>>
>>7045651
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.