[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Making dinner for family, seeking advice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6
File: cooking experience.jpg (58 KB, 663x600) Image search: [Google]
cooking experience.jpg
58 KB, 663x600
I want to make split pea soup with chicken for a family meal tomorrow night and I'm asking for tips for making a great split pea soup. I'll be doing it in a slow cooker with dried peas and chicken breast, chicken broth, carrots, sweet potato, onion, celery, and cabbage.

What would you do with it?

Also, what should I serve with it? Crusty bread? Any unique alternatives to bread come to mind? How do you round out soup for a meal?

Thanks, /ck/.
>>
Split pea chicken lol wtf. Its ham and pea soup. The saltyness and ham fat change the pea goop into something edible.
>>
File: 1441239680759.jpg (83 KB, 900x1148) Image search: [Google]
1441239680759.jpg
83 KB, 900x1148
>>7042802
what the hell happened to this lady?
>>
>>7042835
relax, it's just blood
>>
File: 1444626355752.jpg (33 KB, 528x292) Image search: [Google]
1444626355752.jpg
33 KB, 528x292
>>7042836
>>
File: kujila.jpg (207 KB, 960x768) Image search: [Google]
kujila.jpg
207 KB, 960x768
>>7042825
For real? I doubt chicken will make it a bad dish, just a different one.

What to serve with it though?

>>7042835
wish i knew
>>
File: my friday night.jpg (62 KB, 599x585) Image search: [Google]
my friday night.jpg
62 KB, 599x585
What's a good alternative to bread?
>>
>>7042875
Thas cute senpai
>>
>take a sip of beetroot kvass
>that's not bad
>try taking large gulp
>end up doing basically what that lady is doing
>flatmate walks into kitchen, has full blown panic attack, starts crying in corner
I regret nothing.
>>
>>7042802
http://www.chowhound.com/recipes/slow-cooker-split-pea-soup-29348

You dont need a slow cooker, just a dutch oven on low and keep stirring it.
>>
>>7042960
Depends what you're serving.
If you're OP and doing that soup thing, a simple baking powder biscuit (get out britbongs) would be better than bread rolls.
If you mean you want something that isn't just baked dough, try potato cakes. It'd go really well with the soup too.
>>
File: spider wizard.jpg (135 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
spider wizard.jpg
135 KB, 1440x900
>>7043053
dawg
potato cakes
thank you
how do you like to make them?
>>
>>7042802
When you sweat the veg, add in some diced bacon.
It'll replace the ham & chicken & bacon are the very best of friends
>>
>>7042802
>slow cooked chicken breast
y tho

It's gonna be kinda dry and stringy

At least use chicken thighs man. Ideally, use ham.

Also, why cabbage?
>>
>>7043079
>mashed potatoes
>flour
>seasoning
>shallow fry in oil

It's really very simple and you can improvise pretty easily.
https://www.google.com/search?q=potato+cakes
>>
Just put the pulled pork in the slow cooker for overnight. Gonna keep some of the juices and make collard greens tomorrow. Feels good, senpai
>>
>>7042835
It's from the TV show Supernatural.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.