[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are sundried tomatoes so expensive?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: 4e3dc4c9ecdc7188[1].jpg (43 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
4e3dc4c9ecdc7188[1].jpg
43 KB, 300x225
Why are sundried tomatoes so expensive?
>>
>>7042449
Probably because they take work to make. Just make your own next time. It's easy enough if you got access to google.
>>
Which country OP? In the UK they're not that expensive
>>
The sun needs motherfucking money too!
>>
>>7042455

USA. A 240g jar cost me $6
>>
>>7042460
Jesus, a 500g tray in the UK is like £1 for the supermarket brands, while it can go up to like £3 with the more premium brands
>>
>>7042449
The sun doesn't grow on trees Anon.
>>
>>7042449
Dry it yourself. Do you not have sun where you live? Just put that shit outside nigger.
>>
>>7042506
Does this mean that the sun is a non renewable resource? HAVE THE SOLAR POWER COMPANIES BEEN LYING TO US ALL ALONG?
>>
>2015
>not buying a sun and making your own
stay pleb
>>
>>7042449
Takes a lot of tomatoes to make an equivilant amount of sundried variety.

You could also buy cherry tomatoes and laboriously slice them all in half, coat them lightly in olive oil, and then roast them in the oven until they're sun dried.

Dont actually leave them out in the sun, by the way. Unless you like mold.
>>
>>7042449
Some silly thing about it taking 16 pounds of tomatoes to make 1 pound of sundried tomatoes.

Apparently leaving food out in the sun, when it shouldn't be, AND protecting it from disgusting bugs? takes a while. that's space they could use for like, some other business venture. but they don't. they use it to make tomatoes, and they make money by saying "I could use that space for something else!" god damn
>>
>>7042594
pretty much

the sun is gonna run out of sun some day
>>
>>7042449
Because in a jar you might have something like 30 sundried tomatoes in it, and that was once like 5 kgs of tomatoes they used, thing about it.
>>7042452
Wrong
>>
>>7042932
This
it takes like 2 minutes to cut 2 cups or so of cherry tomatoes
salt, pepper, maybe oregano
you're set
>>
>>7042464
>500g tray in the UK is like £1
BOLLOCKS
http://www.sainsburys.co.uk/shop/gb/groceries/olives---antipasti/sainsburys-sun-dried-tomato-antipasto-oil-280g
That's £1.33 per 100grams there and that's the cheapest sainsbury's have, so £13.30 for 1kg.

I know there are other places to get them cheaper but not 13 times cheaper
>>
>>7043045
Especially if we keep wasting it by making sun-dried tomatoes.
>>
>>7043109
Exactly. Instead of wasting it like that, we should put it in boxes and freeze it so we can have sun in winter as well.
>>
>ITT: poorfags that don't have their own sun to dry their tomatoes
>>
>>7042449
They're expensive because you touch yourself at night.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.