[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /ck/, you have any tips on making a good beef wellington?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: BEEF-WELLINGTON_13518.jpg (45 KB, 472x310) Image search: [Google]
BEEF-WELLINGTON_13518.jpg
45 KB, 472x310
Hey /ck/, you have any tips on making a good beef wellington? I'm gonna try my hand at it for the first time in a couple weeks, so is there anything I should know before getting into this?
>>
>>7040774
Looks like meme food. Cook a real dish and avoid a major disaster
>>
>>7040782
are you drunk?

>>7040774

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uXIPhxL5XA
>>
>>7040782
Autism the post
>>
>>7040774

Watch Hell's Kitchen. I swear to fuck that and risotto are the only fucking thing they cook on there.
>>
How does the dough on bottom not get soggy?
>>
>>7040973
That's kind of what I was wondering too, how do the drippings from the beef not just pool up down there? Is it because of the duxelles?
>>
File: wellington - Copy.jpg (735 KB, 804x1182) Image search: [Google]
wellington - Copy.jpg
735 KB, 804x1182
>>7040790
This is the recipe right here. I tried it once and it came out awesome. Only bad thing is I went a little heavy on the duxelle
>>
>>7040790
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7yewpbdiEA
>>
>>7040969
Don't forget about scallops
>>
>>7040969
wouldn't that be more suited to teaching you how NOT to make a good beef wellington?
>>
>>7040979
That looks DANK

What cut of beef is that?
>>
>>7040973

it's sealed in ham I think, gotta wrap it tight as fuck to get it locked
>>
>>7041445
>what cut of beef is that
>in beef wellington
luv u /ck/
>>
>>7040976
>>7040973

it almost always does get soggy. your best bet is to precook the beef.
>>
>>7041944
>ham
Fucking idiot
>>
>>7041951
you are very bad at cooking tbvh
>>
>>7041955

i just watched that gordon ramsey video and he used ham

i've never made it, though
>>
>>7041956

no, just very experienced. cooking beef squeezes out juices. these leak through duxelles and slices of ham. there's always at least a gum layer on the inside of the bottom part of the pastry. some people use herb crepes to add another layer to the barrier. you also wanna cook on a rack to get even heating. learning how to cook wellington and minimise the sogginess is mostly about getting familiar with your oven and wrapping as well as you can, but precooking the beef is by far the most effective way of doing it.
>>
>>7040973

I've seen people use a layer of crepes around the mushies to seal it.
>>
>>7040774
yo, dont forget to work with a cold dough, beef and duxelles when assembling that shit. roll up tight in cling and let set in the fridge for an hour or so before roasting on a rack. hot oven obviously
>>
>>7041949
Fillet
>>
>>7040774
i recommend using both hands while cooking so you'll have to ask your gay paki masters to go
>>
>>7040774
Don't overcomplicate it. I've made a few before, my family loves it when I do, and keeping it simple is always the answer. It's actually easy to make despite being daunting.

My sister and gf won't eat foie gras so I use a mushroom duxelle and mustard all over the beef after searing it. Using tenderloin leaves room for flavor anyways.

Most important thing is cooking the meat right, and making sure when you bake it there's parchment under it. Otherwise the bottom will get soggy.
>>
>>7040774
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uXIPhxL5XA
heres gordon
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.