[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Industry Workers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 147
Thread images: 14
File: image.jpg (96 KB, 567x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
96 KB, 567x768
who /industry/ here?

Waiter here. Working a double, on my 2 hr break here. Chilling at the house cuddling with the cat, I'm so comfy I wish I could just sleep instead, fuck the tips. Close at 10.
>>
File: CIo5FOJUcAAzGpJ.jpg (19 KB, 599x337) Image search: [Google]
CIo5FOJUcAAzGpJ.jpg
19 KB, 599x337
>2 hr break
>>
>>7039983
He works a split.
>>
Also

>close at 10

I wish I served at a place that closed FUCK stupid diners

>>7039985

So work through it

That's what I always did
>>
>>7039969
Sous chef for a corporate cafe of a large pharmaceutical company. Feed about 2k people daily
>>
>>7039989
>I work for no money

Congratulations. You were a slave.
>>
File: 1388061537249.png (335 KB, 1024x1191) Image search: [Google]
1388061537249.png
335 KB, 1024x1191
Waiter at a Thai place here
Free food after every shift, great coworkers, nice customers, state doesn't take tips out of my wages, short shifts late in the day
What more could I ask for?
Wish I could be working directly with the food though
No talent, no real kitchen experience but I want to learn
Waiting is hella comfy tho
>>
>>7040143
>actually clocking out

Lol kek
>>
>>7040200
Same gig, waiter at a nice cafe. Love the people I work with, work's good, nice regulars, good food. In NZ so no tips which I'm glad about.

Is it normal in the US etc for cafes to serve full meals, or just coffee + biscuits?
>>
>>7040139
Shut the fuck up, if you mean Pfizer in NYC it doesn't work that way.
>>
>>7040243
Depends on the area/cafe
Most places out here (Portland, Oregon) have some sandwiches, cookies, muffins, maybe some soup or something
>>
>>7040243
Cafes tend to just have sandwiches and late fare, but it's not a very strict definition
>>
>>7040243

Cafe typically implies you can get some lighter food, like soups, salads, and sandwiches.

A place that focuses on coffee and only sells a few pastries is just usually referred to as a coffee shop.
>>
>>7040267
Fuckin' faggit detected... it knows the definitions of cafes and shit.
>>
>>7040276
I seriously hope English is not your first language
>>
Finishing up 8 hour shift at the mom and pop restaurant then bartending from 8-3.
Both tip really well but I'm feeling down today and acting happy go lucky is fucking draining.
>>
>>7040276

>on food and cooking board
>offended that people sometimes know about things related to food and cooking

Fuck off, shitposter.
>>
>>7040283
It is, so your hopes and dreams have been flushed down the toilet bowl.
>>
>>7040276
Holy shit you're a retard. Am I a faggot for also knowing what a bank and a police station is?

How does the American education system let people like this get their GED?
>>
>>7040287
Hypocrite
>>
>>7040269
>>7040267
>>7040260
Cheers lads.

In NZ cafe often implies full cooked meals as well, but can vary. Our place does dinner service as well but the owners didn't advertise so its quiet almost every night.
>>
>>7039969
>works for tips
>2hr break

Why even bother taking the double
>>
>>7040293
You sound like a product of the "never let a nigger get left behind" act.

Trust me, those books are cooked.
>>
File: white man.jpg (173 KB, 1200x792) Image search: [Google]
white man.jpg
173 KB, 1200x792
>>7040295
>>7040290
>>7040276
Are you drunk?
>>
>>7039969
I'm going to be soon, it's my first job ever, just waiting for the place to open. Going to be kitchen staff, and I'm starting out at 12 dollars an hour plus tips. Super excited and super nervous.
>>
>>7040299

The waitstaff still makes a wage, and they're not going to get paid to sit around when the place is dead.
>>
>>7040299
Not him, but when someone works a double with a 2 hour break it's between lunch and dinner, a time when it's dead.
Then you come back for the rush/tips
>>
File: ishedrunk.png (750 KB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
ishedrunk.png
750 KB, 853x480
>>7040303
>>
File: 1443785644128.jpg (130 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
1443785644128.jpg
130 KB, 1080x1080
Asst. General Manager of a steakhouse here. Off today, thank god.

55-60 hour workweek but the money is comfy as hell.

Hit my bonus routinely every month. Cant complain. Staff is great but the chef is a cunt. Luckily i am his superior so he doesnt give me too much shit otherwise i send his ass packing home. Hes hourly so he doesnt like that. But almost all the drama in the restaurant is because of him. Dont know why my boss wont let me get rid of him. We dont have any special dishes only he can make. I can fucking make anything on the menu.

He does have talent at cooking large amounts of food but damn its not worth the drama. Hopefully wont have to put up with it much longer.
>>
>>7040312
OK that makes sense.
>>
File: Arnold-Stop_Whining.png (188 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
Arnold-Stop_Whining.png
188 KB, 500x280
>>7040312
WHAAAAAAAHHHHH

Do your fuckin' job and stop whining.
>>
1/2 Sou chef here just waiting for dinner to end
>>
>>7040320

>assistant gm think he's the chef's superior
>chef gets paid hourly
>chef has a bad attitude

Sounds like a problem with management to me.
>>
As a patron of the establishment that you don't own or have any interest in, it's not in my interest to give a flying fuck about your job. Just do it and get over it, you little faggots think that you're the only ones that have done that in the world, you pathetic special snowflake faggits!
>>
>>7040331
Seems pretty easy to solve, for instance does the company have a website? If so then look the shit up. Don't be a lazy whiny cunt.
>>
>>7039969
i work in a deli and sometimes the boss lets me take the turkey and roast beef out of the oven, does that count?
>>
File: dish_machine.jpg (40 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
dish_machine.jpg
40 KB, 500x667
>>7039969
Dishwasher here. Working part-time and going to college.

The place I work in now is different from the corporate-run shitshows I've worked at before. At least I get treated like a human being, and my co-workers are generally polite people.
>>
>>7040320
>He does have talent at cooking large amounts of food but damn its not worth the drama

Guess what's gonna happen if you fire the guy, you'll be in the shit
>>
>>7040331
If the company doesn't have a website then ask directly when you get hired.

Don't be a schumck.
>>
I work a family run pub kitchen. Small place, so I'm the only one working in the kitchen. Not exactly busy, a good day is 55-60 covers, but seeing as I do all the cleaning and washing up its enough to keep me occupied.
>>
>tfw work in the industry
>tfw 9-5 M-F
>tfw work at a desk and never get my hands messy
>tfw make decent money
It's a lot of good feels
>>
>>7040328
>sous chef.
>On shift, on /ck/

You fucking on a smoke break faggot?
>>
>>7040422
Nah dude we did all of our covers early sent home some people now we're just breaking down to wait some more
>>
>>7039969
Line cook here.
On break before close and teardown.
Today was slow as fuck, only about 100 covers.
>>
>>7039969
Chef at wendys. Feel free to ask me anything
>>
>>7040398
Last place I worked was a small place. It was a 2 man show, with a 3rd floating for prep shift on the weekends. I ran the line alone more than once.

I gotta tell you, my "buddy" left mid shift once, I was able to feel a bit of your pain that day. It was a real shit show dude.
>>
>>7040455
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAGAHAHAGAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAJAJAJAJAJAJAJJAJAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHJAJAHAHAHJAJAJAHAJAJAJAHAHAHAHAHAJJAJAJAHAJAJAJJAHAHAHAHAH...
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAJAHAHAHHHagahahahajajajajjAJAHAJAJAJJAJAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAAJAJ@AAAAAAAAHAHAJA
>>
>>7040455
is it true that the hamburger meat in your chili is sometimes months old?
>>
>>7040325
That's no whining;just a lot of restaurants policy, faggot.

I'm not a server but my ex was and she worked that shift.
>>
Chef of an organic restaurant here, sometimes i'd like the working hours of a regular person but even on my day off i get bored after about 5 hours. Ask me anything i suppose
>>
>>7040534
How much do you get paid?
>>
>>7040536
salary equates to £18 An Hour, generous for kitchens but at 90 hours a week of hard labour is awful compared to comfy 9-5's
>>
>>7039969
Like your job is that fucking hard.
Bitch somewhere else dropout.
>>
>>7040534
Whats the most challenging part of your job?
>>
Underpaid as fuck (more than the usual) line cook, in an italian restaurant, here. Just got home after a slow night. Yesterday I skipped work for the first time in my life. Felt weird, but at least my head felt clearer today
>>
>>7040233
There a lot of places that won't let you. Laws and other bullshit. The boss might push you to work through it but it's technically illegal and he probably isn't paying you for the hour but you don't notice.
>>
>>7040897
Did you at least call in to say you can't show up? Where I work, 1 missed shift without prior notification is an automatic firing.
>>
Working at a college food court. Making pizza all day and serving customers. It was pretty good but fuck our dish guy for being the first one out while I clean my station alone and everyone else is a team of 2 or 3.
>>
>>7041014
>Dish
>First out
Lol wat, doesn't he have to clean shit from line after you do teardown? Where I've worked, thw dish guys were always the last out to
>>
>>7041026
The kitchen tonight was the people packaging and making cookies and salads, and a guy who was roasting chicken and other shit for the next few days. The rest is already made and stored to be heated when needed. But it was relatively slow and with 2 dish guys they went through it fast. But fuck me for actually staying open till we close because I like my job and have a good work ethic. I came back with my last 3 pans and he bitched about having to turn the machine back on.
>>
>>7041032
He sounds like an ass. As a former dishwasher, I am sorry that you have to deal with that. I always tried to keep the pit as clean and clear as possible for the next shift.
>>
File: sleepy.jpg (250 KB, 540x505) Image search: [Google]
sleepy.jpg
250 KB, 540x505
Delivery driver here.
Started working at a pizza place when I dropped out of college, saving money to move out and hoping to find a better job soon.
This industry seriously sucks. A ton of our customers feel so entitled to the place that they threatened one of our managers with calling the owner because we ran out of a dough near closing time.
She still made the dough for their ungrateful asses but they definitely didn't deserve it. Making dough is literally the worst job in building.
They also made one of our waiters cry, then tipped the waitress that didn't even help them like $30.
>>
>>7041049
People are dumb, Anon. I'm glad that I work in the back of house and don't have to deal with them.
>>
>>7040302
I know I shouldn't even bother replying, but this sounds like a chatbot making sentences from words it found on /b/
>>
Line cook here, work with 3 other people during the week and 5 on the weekends. the pay's shit but i enjoy the work and i'm trying to make it to sous chef because we just fired one of our sous. If I can manage that I'll get better hours / bonus options and a wage increase. Hoping for the best.
>>
>>7041049
>They also made one of our waiters cry,
Americans are big cry babies.
>>
>>7040325
You're a fucking retard
>>
Nobody parties like a waiter does.
>>
File: Kitty cook.gif (39 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
Kitty cook.gif
39 KB, 200x200
Server/Assistant Manager at a Sushi/teppanyaki restaurant near a middle/upper class area. Work as a server Fri/Sat/Sun making great tips with great coworkers that pull all their own weight and more. It's literally the first place i'v ever worked where I feel like everyone around me holds the same work ethic as myself. Mon/Wed I'm on as an Assistant manager. All the staff have years of experience so I barely have to do anything. I'll go shoot the shit with regulars, and shmooz with new tables. I haven't had to void/comp anything in weeks which is unreal compared to other jobs. College on Tues/Thurs all day. I have very little free time, but the income is great, and the closing work is so easy our servers can actually get out 10 minutes after closing instead of staying till midnight or 1am rolling silverware or some other shit.
>>
>>7041032
fuck dudes who's prime directive is getting out "on time" they are the worst to open after.
>>
>>7041346
No where that you go two days a week is a college.
>>
OZ Barista here, wish my hands weren't getting uglier each day. What lotions do you use?
>>
>>7041401
I used to have 12 hours of classes on only two days at a 4 year university
>>
>>7040877
Honestly the first 20 mins after waking up, shaking off the tiredness that's built up. It's a small establishment so egos and beauracracy are at a minimum which is always nice, and i get fantastic produce so the creative side is quite simple. I think the only difficult part is the effect on my outside life, i don't see my wife or family enough
>>
If you count line work, I used to be an industry worker as a sandwich/salad architect at Panera Bread. 55 hours a week was aight; like 30g's a year if I'd kept it up.

The only thing I miss is their asiago steak sandwich because I'm too lazy to cook steak.
>>
>>7041593

>sandwich/salad architect
>not being a sandwich/salad engineer

ISHYGDDT
>>
>>7041527
Not sure. I put it on my skin then I have to put it back in the basket again.
>>
>>7039969

Sous chef at Burger King.
Just finished double.
Tired as all get out.
Meth and vodka time.
>>
>>7041401
what kind of idiot are you

you can easily schedule full time college classes on 2 weekdays, I used to live on my college's campus and only had class 2 times a week pulling 15 credits in a semester
>>
>>7041012
This is true in most kitchens. No show=no job.
>>
>>7041274
You mean by arriving to the party late when people are already starting to leave, chugging as much booze within a few minutes as possible to catch up to how drunk you should be by that time, then quietly watching a movie for about 45 minutes because nobody feels like partying anymore, before going home because everyone has left? Because that's how I partied on Halloween this year.
>>
>>7042404
the last thing I remember halloween night was two grils asking "want a shot" so I got up and followed them, took the shot and went "EEUGH was that MALIBU?" "Yeah" "EUUUGH"

and then I woke up on a couch with a small dog sleeping on me.
>>
Bartender here, pretty comfy but I work at a restaurant and hate the whole uniform thing and other shit. I want shots and loud music back.
>>
commis chef here, fucking LOVING my job

i feel sorry for my sous chef, nobody likes him right now to be honest. he can't even make a roux properly LOL so he probably should be fired asap
>>
>>7039969
>tipping is mandatory
Jej off yourself you entitled baby.
>>
>>7040256
Not pfizer
>>
>>7042690
Mandatory tipping is just paying for service. You wouldn't go eat the food and then be outraged they expect you to pay a bill for it, would you?
>>
>>7039969
Dishwasher here, my co-dishie is being moved up to prep soon. Fingers crossed that I will get the same training in a couple months; I want to climb my way out of hell into a sweet 8am-5pm spot and drop out of school.
>>
>>7042981

Anons like that are either fuck 'murrica shitposters or kids who've never even been inside a real restaurant.

Just ignore it.
>>
>>7043987
You won't be moved up. He got the spot over you because he's better than you, and the excuse you will hear why you're not going to be moved up is, "But you're so good at your job. No one could do it better."

I use to tell dish dogs this to string them along to stay for a few more months to a few more years because they work for almost nothing. This was back when I was small time running kitchens in tiny mom and pop places.

Now I'm a chef at 3 places in NYC, LA, and Chicago. Don't get your hopes up kid. Get out while you can. There's nothing for you in the food industry.
>>
>>7044030
>He got the spot over you because he's better than you
Well yeah, of course he is. He's been here for a couple months longer than I have.

Our restaurant has enough trouble hiring competent prep cooks who actually like/are willing to stay in the position. The last new hire was so bad that they've demoted him to dish to move the other guy up.
>>
>>7044044
You're talking about dropping out of school to get a chance at doing prep. You want to give up your chance at higher education to do work to make someone else's job easier.

If you don't have motivation and drive to better yourself than the food industry isn't for you.

Stay in school and find something else to do.
>>
>>7043987
9-5 prepcook/opener reporting in.

It isn't worth it. Stay in school.
>>
>>7044044

Last place I worked the head chef left and went through some pretty rough times (I was working half the station, six days a week, doing a double here and there on last minute notice - as a relatively inexperienced line cook... I got respect as fuck, but should have been making closer to what the tenured Guatemalans were making, while choosing their shifts).

We went through so many new people so fast it was ridiculous, especially considering how most of the kitchen was pretty much a family, and then there's a new guy coming in every week.

The worst is when you get a an overqualified asshole who just left a chef position for something less stressful and acts like he runs the kitchen on the first day. Fortunately our new chef (pretty much autistic black felon dude who was the old sous) would put them on morning shift dish to put them in their place.

There's honestly nothing like watching a cocky asshole (who could admittedly cook better than most of the kitchen) wheel the trash cans to the dumpsters,past everyone in the middle of the day in the middle of downtown.
>>
>>7044079

The food industry is for felons, 3rd world immigrants, and complete fuck ups, but being nothing more than a prep cook is pretty sad, if you're not staging at a really good place.

I got on the line with no experience whatsoever, fucked up a bit, like everybody, and was running the lunch shift by myself after a few months.
>>
>>7044030
>Now I'm a chef at 3 places in NYC, LA, and Chicago.
how are you a chef in three different cities all very far away from each other?
>>
>>7044099
It's ass-backwards here. You're trained on line, then on prep. It probably explains how poorly the store runs.
>>
>>7041593
>architect
What? Nigga I worked for motherbread for a year and never heard it called that. It was always "line associate". I used to do truck. Went in at midnight and was out quick. Bakers always liked me.
>>
>>7041012
No, the place is a mess, even though its a big restaurant that sells a lot. I pretty much left a message for the cook in charge, since we don't really have a Chef, at the moment (partially why its a mess), but he was doing a double shift and didn't pick up in time, I felt a little bad when I remembered. Also let the other line cook that works the main dishes with me know, but he thought I was joking.

But long story short, managers didn't seem to give much of a fuck, hell, they looked like they were afraid to even ask me to have a talk with them and pretty much ignored the situation.

I'm usually committed as fuck, but I'm so fed up with my current situation and the lack of care the higher ups have with the kitchen staff as of late, that I cannot bring myself to care anymore.
>>
>>7044102
It's not uncommon for exec chefs to run/own multiple restaurants in various locations, even spread across the country.

That being said, I'd guess he's full of shit and is either a line cook at Chilis or just some unemployed neckbeard.
>>
>>7044102
I worked hard to get where I am, and I've sacrificed a lot over the years to be able to do it.

I wasn't born into wealth so I busted my hump to learn to cook well.

I'm 47 and I still learn something new everyday.
>>
>>7044127

>i still learn something new everyday

That cliche line is the only thing you've said that doesn't make you sound like you're just completely full of shit.
>>
>>7042661
How does one fail to make roux?
>>
If you fags are in Redcar UK

The Cleveland Bay restaurant, check it out.
>>
>>7044149

Pretty sure nobody is going to be visiting Redcar UK any time soon.
>>
>>7044131
You're not going to hurt my feelings if you believe me or not. I've worked under a couple very intense chefs when I was starting out.

I had a lot of respect for them, and I had to learn to take what they said and apply that knowledge to benefit my skill set.

You're an anonymous person on the internet with nothing better to do with their time right now. Just like me. Why the fuck would I care what your opinion is or if you believe me? I could be making it all up.

The important thing is there's a young man that wants to drop out of school for a chance to prep food. I'm hoping he will take some advice and not give up academia to prep vegetables and meats.
>>
>>7044154
From maps and stuff and people from there that I speak to it seems pretty cool. I'd go there and check out the ocean.
>>
>>7044161

Fair enough.

But I, and everyone else who posts in industry threads basically says that same thing every time some kid brings it up.

Working in a kitchen is pretty much the worst "career" choice you can make.

There's no need to say you run multiple restaurants across metropolitan America... Just give actual kitchen advice and people will respond to and appreciate it.
>>
>>7044178
I'd check out a boro match live with friends instead of having to pirate them.
>>
One of these days Boro will wake up and get into EPL.
>>
>>7044181
You're right. I should have approached the subject more humble.

I can't even make the excuse that I'm drunk. I'm not yet.

I think making a career out of kitchen work can be rewarding though, but it takes a special (mildly-retarded) person to want to put up with long hours and shit pay for a very long time to have a chance at success.
>>
File: line.jpg (28 KB, 480x467) Image search: [Google]
line.jpg
28 KB, 480x467
>>
>>7041049
I was a delivery driver over the summer and it was practically paradise

it probably depends on where you work

It was essentially just chilling, driving around, listening to shit, and meeting cute girls/dogs/cats, with the occasional traffic bullshit. Once I figured out the basic map of town everything was great.

In comparison, I'm at college now and worked a week as a dishwasher at the dining court. it was shit. i walked out.
>>
also re: industry i'm majoring in food science so gods be good i'll have a job

i guess it's a slightly different industry but still
>>
>>7044208

Well I've seen people stuck at the same level for years, despite being smarter and/or more talented than the people getting the better positions.

It's just like any other job in that there's a huge amount of luck and being an ambitious person who actually knows how to move up.

It's always going to be hard work and long hours - and working hard and being good at what you do will always be noticed (by somebody at least) in a kitchen - but unless somebody is hellbent on spending their life in a kitchen I would never suggest it.
>>
>>7044229

Food science is an entirely different industry.
>>
>>7044240
Is that the crap where fags design what should go on a plate and in what order?
That's not an industry, that's fag bullshit.
>>
>>7044260

Food scientists do all sorts of shit, but not that.

They're scientist who work with food, sometimes with giant corporations who produce foods with 50 ingredients you've never heard of.
>>
>>7044260
Food scientists are the fags that decide what goes in Kraft mac and cheese
>>
>>7044240
yeah i know. my professors always call it 'the food industry' so i got excited upon seeing this thread but then realized it's all chefs ITT
>>
>>7044290

>it's all chefs

More like line cooks, dish slaves, and FoH.
>>
As someone who's worked in stage tech & film, it's interesting to hear you guys talk about "tear down" and shit.
>>
>>7044345

"Tear down" (never used that term) isn't interesting.

It's the end of a long, hot night on your feet, and you're happy to hear the gm bust through the door and yell, "shut it down".

But then you have to spend the next 20-60 minutes wrapping shit up, walking back and forth to the walk in, labeling things, and otherwise doing janitorial shit so the people who come in 6 hours later have something to start the day with (and sometimes one of those anons is yourself, and you don't want to deal with that shit first thing in the morning when you have a giant prep list to get done during lunch service).

>no more filtering out three fryolators every night after everyone but the dishwasher has gone home
>>
>>7044318
This.
>>
>>7044127
He wasn't asking how you got where you are, jackass. This isn't a feature on Munchies.
>>
>>7044211
Yus.
>>
File: this you.png (4 KB, 335x76) Image search: [Google]
this you.png
4 KB, 335x76
>>7044419

However insignificant, sometimes this is all you need to go to sleep in a halfway decent mood.
>>
>>7044079
Maybe I'll just switch into becoming part-time student.
>>
>>7044133
he just put some butter in a pan and let it melt for far too long, then threw in some flour (weighing neither the butter nor the flour), mixed it halfheartedly, then put in all the milk in one go

you could see and taste the flour in the dish
>>
Currently pulling an all nighter writing out recipes for my Christmas menu and I open in 3 hours thank god for coffee
>>
130 pm and I haven't had a table yet.. Fuck.
>>
>>7046217
plenty of time to prep!
>>
>>7046245
>FoH
>Prep
I had a hearty kek. Thanks, Anon.
>>
>new hire
>hired to be cold line
>terrible at cold line, demoted to prep
>terrible at prep, demoted to dish
>terrible at dish, stuck with me
I want it to end, why can't we just get rid of him?
>>
>>7048977
Is he a spic or a nigger?
>>
>be a poorfag
>wait tables for a living
>see family for holidays
>they ask what days I'm working
>tell them
>Oh, ONLY that many?
Every year.

Am I really such a lazy sack of shit for not working 5 days a week? Most of my family doesn't seem to understand the concept of not working a regular 9 to 5. I get by okay and I'm pretty happy with my situation, but every Christmas I end up feeling ashamed.
>>
>>7048829
You should see if the boh could use some help prepping instead of standing there twiddling your thumbs complaining on the internet
>>
>>7049409
Not him, but in my 10y of BoH experience, FoH has never once tried to help us.
>>
>>7049486
That is because the restaurant needs to pay FoH at least minimum wage if they do any prep work.
>>
Who /akm/ here??
>>
>>7048829
Confirmed. This anon is a foh faggot and his co-workers prolly hate him.

>not helping boh
>being a whiny ass about prep
Fuck I'd hate you. Every waiter I deal with wants the kitchen to help with their jobs when slammed but when the kitchens slammed they go Fuck off and take ciggarette breaks and dick around
>>
>>7049544
>WAHHHHHH PEOPLE EXPECT ME TO DO MY JOB, IT"S TERRIBLE! LAZY FUCKING FAGGOTS WON'T DO MY JOB FOR ME! IT'S NOT FAAAAAIIIIIRRRRRR!!
>>
>>7049486
Lol, I'm new to serving and recently asked a cook if he was all good during a downtime, he was shocked and said nobody's ever asked him that before
>>
>>7049548
>ass backwards waiter faggot detected. Gr8b8m8
>>
>>7049572
>anally pained line cook faggot detected

Enjoy your shit wage and no tips back there, friend.
>>
>line cook
>"fast casual" "mexican food" chain
>make higher wage than any of the other cooks there, including some who have 5 years with company
>still shit pay
>only give me 35 hours a week after breaks because "muh labor hours" and "muh only management is allowed to clock overtime"
>just waiting for them to hire and train new cooks so i can get promotion and another raise
>got approved for the 17th of December off so i can watch star wars premier
>car didnt pass smog
>want to get a 2nd job cause no hours

could be worse. if i could actually get up to 40/hrs a week after breaks at this job i would be making better money than most of my friends.
>>
I'd like to help boh some way but I'm terrified of getting in their way or slowing them down because I wouldn't know what I'm doing with anything back there. I only just started at this place about a month ago, though.
Thread replies: 147
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.