[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Indian food thread. who here /dosa/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2
File: South-Indian-Thali.jpg (656 KB, 1200x690) Image search: [Google]
South-Indian-Thali.jpg
656 KB, 1200x690
Indian food thread. who here /dosa/
>>
>>7039816
i went on a dosa crawl with some friends a couple years ago at various places in jackson heights, queens. the two best were easily a shrimp/mango and a chocolate/powdered sugar

good stuff - for those that haven't ever had it, it's basically a crepe, or a soft taco shell. it's a vehicle for pretty much anything
>>
>>7039826
>chocolate/powdered sugar
?
>>
>>7039816
I'd eat tf out of that rn like a Tamil twinks ass desu...
>>
File: 2015-11-04 01.51.17.jpg (786 KB, 1285x723) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-04 01.51.17.jpg
786 KB, 1285x723
Some of the reasons I love south Indian food:
>curry leaves
>mustard seeds
>coconut
>shrimp
>>
>>7039816
South indian here, and all the shit thats there in that pic is all BREAKFAST food. Dosa, vada and idli. I hate when people mention south indian food and mention breakfast as theres much better food and more well known food items from the south.

That aside, peanut chutney is the #1 condiment that should be served with any of those. I hate when I get a dosa at restaurants and they put a dollop of potato or give that nasty green shit. Coconut chutney is ok but its only good if its freshly made.

Watched a video on youtube with a guy making an egg dosa and shit was decent.
>>
>>7041357
Masala dosa is the bomb m8. And where did you get the idea that dosa is purely breakfast food? I'm south indian and I eat dosa for dinner all the time.
>>
I was supposed to go out for Indian last night, but instead ended up eating at a crappy diner because one of my friends is a picky dickbutt asshole. I'm still pissed.
>>
>>7041922
Did you beat him with your fedora, faglord?
>>
>>7039816
I've never had Indian food. What to order if I ever go to an Indian restaurant?
>>
>>7041932
A stomach pump and a priest
>>
>>7041925
Oh look, it's Internet ToughGuy. Don't you have some wife beaters to scrub mac and cheese stains out of, moron?
>>
>>7041948
I'm not the one seething because I didn't get my 3rd world meme food of the week, sweety
>>
>>7041953
So, you have shit taste, we get it. Also, learn to fucking spell. It's S-W-E-E-T-I-E.
But what else can we expect from someone with a third grade education from flyover land?
>>
>>7041961
pls cry moar, sweety
>>
>>7041972
Don't start what you can't finish, Faggy Faggerson.
>>
My local Indian place does some fucking amazing Malai Kofta. I could eat that shit all day erry day.
Does anyone have a good recipe?
>>
>>7042007
I could drink your tears all day long tho
>>
what are those donut-looking things?
>>
>>7039816
Ignorant flyover here, I've only ever tasted a few items of indian food, all of which were either incredibly shitty candy or anonymous bits of vegetables in a spicy sauce that failed to disguise that I was eating boring vegetation with no meat in it.

So when people rave about Indian food, what the fuck are they talking about? What about Indian food tastes good?
>>
>>7042025
Nobody raves about indian food except brits. Because they are brits.
>>
>>7042014
Guess what, I don't make tears, cockgobbler. I'll piss in your mouth and you can drink that, though. I know you'd love it.
>>
>>7042082
Now you're just making me blush.
>>
>>7042088
Nothing is quite as much fun as humiliating someone by showering them with bodily fluids and waste.
>>
>>7042015
It's called vada. It's deep fried dal batter with garlic etc mixed in. Usually eaten as a snack with sambar or coconut chutney. There are lots of recipes and you can google it.
>>
>>7039826
I ordered food from the 2nd highest rated Indian near Astoria Queens and it was by far the worst Indian I've ever ate.
>>
>>7043047
>listening to yelp
Now that dosa is a memefood, you can't trust the reviews

you should go to Newark Ave in JC anyway. It's delightfully free of whites because Lena Dunham doesn't live anywhere near there
>>
DESIGNATED
>>
>>7042075
>implying British Indian food isn't GOAT
I'm a white british university student and curry is literally every other meal i have, buy a sauce or some paste, chicken, veg, onion and garlic, bam, delicious, nutritious, cheap
>>
Loved when I went over to my indian friend's house in high school.
His mother would always cook the best food. Damnnnn
>>
>>7043150
SHIT
>>
>>7043169
POSTING
>>
>>7041639
Its mostly a breakfast food, you can order it at restaurants but honestly most people in india dont make a huge batter and save it for tomorrow in the fridge. I dont know if you were born and grew up outside india but most people in india if theyre cooking something they try to cook enough only for that meal. Eating leftover isnt a big thing in india. So when dosa/idli/vada/etc are made theyre made mostly for breakfast and you eat something heavier for lunch and dinner.

>>7041932
Look for biryani, its more mild but the taste is great. Also just eat the rice and meat dont eat the cloves/dried leaves/etc dry spices.

>>7043047
I went to place named bukhara grill in ny and it was quite good.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.