[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>get canned pumpkin >put it into frozen pie crust >"HOMEMADE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5
File: 1393323161188.jpg (256 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1393323161188.jpg
256 KB, 600x450
>get canned pumpkin
>put it into frozen pie crust
>"HOMEMADE PUMPKIN PIE!"

Any other examples of shit recipes that people always "make"?
>>
>boil pasta
>heat jarred pasta sauce
>put together
>>
>>7038879
At least they put forth some effort.

Stop being an ungrateful cunt.
>>
>buy ready made pizza dough
>buy ready made pizza sauce
>apply both together and have the nerve to call it home made pizza
>>
>>7038879
>Any other examples of shit recipes that people always "make"?

That godawful green bean casserole you see in flyover states:

Dump canned green beans in dish. Dump canned cream-of-mushroom-soup on top. bake. Top with "french fried onions" out of a can.
>>
>buying birthday/christmas cards from a store
>>
>>7038885
You're right, that was just mean spirited of me.
>>
>>7038893
Well that way you can choose the toppings you like. It's also cheaper than restaurant pizza.
>>
>>7038879
Well, technically it is homemade, because they took ingredients and put them together and baked it themselves.
But, I agree it's shit.

Buying premade crust is an abomination. Not only is store bought crust too thick, but it's also flavorless and never will get flaky enough.
I always make my own pie crusts and fillings, pie isn't hard. Pies are really one of the simplest desserts.
When I make pumpkin pie, I sub ice cold fresh orange juice for the ice water in the crust, and add about 1/4 cup of finely ground toasted walnuts or pecans to the crust. Makes for a great layer of flavor in the crust, instead of the crust just being a filling delivery system.
>>
>>7038994

Sure. But you didn't really "make" anything.
>>
>buying grown vegetables
>buying pre-cut meat
>combining the two
>I MADE THIS STEW!
>>
>>7038896
I make it this way it's pretty darn good
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/best-ever-green-bean-casserole-recipe.html
>>
The biggest abominations are those fucking cake and brownie mixes.
>>
>>7038879
>>7038882
>>7038893
>>7038896
It's called 'recombinant cuisine,' and it's the mainstay of middle American cooking. Also Canadian. And British. And Irish. And Australian. And every other country where English is the dominant language.
Even SG does this shit, but at least the jarred and packaged foods that go into the "homemade" dishes are actually really good and flavourful. Like the common recipe for chilli crab: it's Heinz sambal sauce, Heinz ketchup, A1 seafood rempah, oil, some mud crabs and a bit of water. That's it.

>>7038882
To be fair, he added his own herbs and spices!!!
>>
>>7039013
>buying grown vegetables
>grown vegetables
???????????????????????????????
>>
>>7038893

>buy a steak
>season and cook steak
>have the audacity to claim you made steak for dinner.

>buy various salad vegetables
>mix them together and dress
>have the nerve to say you made salad.

Not sure what you're getting at fåm, how is it not homemade?

>but they didn't make it from scratch

Please show us your grain field, flour mill, tomato crop and cow.
>>
>>7039266
Make your own dough, kid.
>>
File: 0678 - 3pizEKl.png (13 KB, 530x492) Image search: [Google]
0678 - 3pizEKl.png
13 KB, 530x492
>buy crushed tomatoes, spices in a plastic shell, jarred diced garlic, one (1) yellow onion, store brand olive oil and get this; meat that has been ground by the store!
>combine into a shitty gruel
>have the AUDACITY to call it a meatsauce

LOL THESE FUCKING PLEBES
Get back to me once you learn how to really cook.
>>
>>7039290
>FUCKING PLEBES
says a pepe poster..........
>>
>>7039290
>yellow onion
w0w where i live they're either white or red
what kind of shithole are you living in?
>>
>>7039275

Meh. Italians are all over the place around here, I can buy it from 4 different places that I know of. I make bread every couple of months, it's not beyond me, but homemade bread is miles ahead of store bought. Pizza dough though? Not worth the effort to make something that'll be substandard to a restaurants' product either way.
>>
I don't mind if people use canned pumpkin, as long as they make their own crust.
>>
File: hyperventilating_fry_futurama.gif (751 KB, 400x275) Image search: [Google]
hyperventilating_fry_futurama.gif
751 KB, 400x275
>>7038896
>mfw I love that shit
>be from Indiana
>>
>buy flour milled by someone else at the store
>buy butter churned by a factory from the store
>buy sugar processed at a sugar cane processing plant
>buy eggs laid by a chicken you don't own
>get tap water that was pulled from an underground aquifer with a pump you don't own
>put it together
>have the audacity to call it homemade pastries
>>
>>7038885
>put forth some effort
if I wanted to eat trashy pie, I'd just go visit your mom again
>>
>>7038896
>Dump canned green beans in casserole dish
>Dump canned cream-o'-mushroom soup in same dish
>bake with french's fried onions and a sprinkle of american cheddar chese blend

WA LA
>>
>buy chilli
>buy beans
>mix them together
>have the audacity to call it chilli
>>
>>7039305
onions come in a wide variety of colors. You're in the shit hole that only has 2
>>
>>7040006
>buy eggs laid by a chicken you don't own

>owning a chicken
>not laying your own eggs
Even plebs look down on scum like you
>>
>>7038879
I had to take my ladyfriend to the big city to get an abortion. We stayed at her friend's house. She promised us homemade butter chicken(which I had never had)
Sauce from a jar.
>>
>>7040415
>jarred butter chicken sauce
i never even knew they did that, jesus
>>
>>7038882

i do this, and my friends are always shocked by how much better my chicken alfredo is then theirs.

i keep telling them the trick is to just buy it from trader joes, but they keep getting ragu.
>>
>>7038997

ehhh i mean if you're boiling it down to that

>buying flour
>mixing it with water
>claiming you 'made bread'

thats kind of the point your making. i mean if you wanna say its only cooking if you go all the way to basics i guess you could, but lets be real, even if you bought pre-cooked pizza crust and just threw on your own topping variety, its wildly different and you still made it your own.

though if it makes you happy i suppose we could all say we "put together" our meals from now on.
>>
File: DelGrassoFireworks[1].jpg (43 KB, 360x360) Image search: [Google]
DelGrassoFireworks[1].jpg
43 KB, 360x360
>>7038882
yeah, jarred pasta sauce, how unthinkable.i always make my own pasta sauce which only takes a day from start to finish.

yeah fuck that, this shit was 4.49 at harris teeter this week and is dank as fuck.
>>
>>7039194

as in, you didn't grow them yourself, so how can you say you made the stew if you didn't even grow your own vegetables.
>>
>>7040672
>having the audacity to call gravy a ''sauce''

tons of plebs here
>>
>>7040131

ur my favorite.
>>
>>7040687
>goes on 4chins
>has the audacity to call others plebs
SURE IS FLYOVER IN HERE
>>
>>7040701

SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT FLYOVER MEANS IM ONLY EVER HERE TO ASK FOR SPECIFIC RECIPES SEND HELP
>>
File: 1429485824006.jpg (22 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
1429485824006.jpg
22 KB, 350x350
>>7040415

I guess two crimes against God were committed that day.
>>
>>7040064
my papa smoke alot
the onion turns yellow, ok?
>>
>buy spices
>blend it all together
>call it your homemade bbq rub
>>
If you bought flour instead of milling it yourself you did not make your meal.
If you did not butcher the animal for meat you did not make your meal.
If you did not personally harvest and dry the herbs/spices you did not make your meal.
>>
>>7040734

a middle of the country state like nebraska where people in planes fly over. Aka a state with no real redeaming qualities, but even though im a canuck I can tell you the more popular eastern/western/southern states are HOT FUCKING GARBAGE in terms of shitty cities with shitty people compared to most flyovers.

Americans in jew york are truly the worst people i've ever met in my life.
>>
>>7038896
I fucking love that shit and I'm from Seattle, Washington; I've never lived anywhere else.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.