[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Things that you rather dislike about your kitchen
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5
File: 5102.jpg (3 MB, 3072x2304) Image search: [Google]
5102.jpg
3 MB, 3072x2304
>IT'S ELECTRIC WOOGEY WOOGEY WOOGEY
>>
File: a7c.gif (1 MB, 257x387) Image search: [Google]
a7c.gif
1 MB, 257x387
Moving in less than a month, and my new townhouse has gas stoves.
>mfw I don't have to deal with electric anymore
>>
>>7038808

I have a ceramic hob, it looks really good but I hate the fucking thing.

Always concious of trying not to scratch it, and it is a bastard to clean.
>>
>>7038808
>>7038828
what's wrong with electric?
>>
>>7038834

pain in the ass to clean
weak heat output
lack of flame for roasting or flambeing
coils warp easily, resulting in inconsistent heating
useless for round-bottomed cooking vessels such as a wok
>>
>>7038834
Mostly:
>Gas is instant temperature control
>Electric takes time to heat up and cool down
>Electric setting of 4 might be a boil normally, but 3 can heat up to boil if you let it (though this is only on shit ones, mostly older.
>Arguably harder to keep clean because spiral elements like OP are sometimes permanent attached

It depends on your energy situation, but sometimes it's more effecient for the energy to be used at the source (Gas), rather than electric (At the power plant)
Though this can vary, especially if you have solar or wind, which is a must in the country.
>>
File: 0072864972387_500X500.jpg (40 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
0072864972387_500X500.jpg
40 KB, 500x500
>>7038808
>Using a range
Did your balls drop off??
>>
File: 1434439947025.jpg (44 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1434439947025.jpg
44 KB, 640x640
>>7038832
>mfw I'm the type of person who deface products the moment I get them
No point in trying to take care of it if it's something you actually use.
>>
>>7038840
>>7038849
New electric stoves are pretty good actually, the only downside is not being able to adjust temp instantly but there's a vast difference between something buildt in the last 20 years and OP's 1960ies vintage stove.
>>
>heat setting 2 is too hot
>setting 1 1/2 is not hot enough
kill me
>>
>>7038862

I have a very new electric range. It's a flat-top so it is very easy to clean--even easier than gas. On the other hand, it still has many of the same problems that the old coil stoves have:

-takes long time to heat up/cool down or to react to changing the knob settings
-weak heat output compared to gas
-needs absolutely flat cookware or it hotspots
-no flame for roasting or flambeing
>>
>electric
>at the insistance of a complete moron who lived here before us: blood red walls with weird texturing and an inadequately installed popcorn ceiling that is crumbling off.
>almost inexcusable lack of counter space.
>most of the cabinet space is only marginally useable.
Cabinets set back above the fridge, between the oven and sink so it's 3 feet deep to the right of the cabinet, but the door is only 8 inches wide? Whose idea was this?

It's not a great kitchen.
>>
File: 678905075.png (26 KB, 238x231) Image search: [Google]
678905075.png
26 KB, 238x231
>>7038952
>not just using the 1 3/4 setting
>>
>>7038952
I've never seen electric like that. Mine's a 10 scale, Low 234 Med 6789 High or something like that.
>>
>>7038828
I dislike my gas stove.
My parents PWM ceramic electric is so fucking good.
Never burn shit cos its got pwm, but if you turn it up it gets hotter than any gas stove I've used.
And its much easier to clean.

Seriously, fuck gas.
Its crap
>>
>>7039333
Mine's the same as his,also once you set it to 2 or higher the next 2 hours the plate is going to be to hot.
You can't bring something to a boil on high heat and turn it down to simmer ,once that shit is on high you're commited
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.