[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kids like to eat what?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 9
File: caviar.jpg (23 KB, 325x325) Image search: [Google]
caviar.jpg
23 KB, 325x325
Having some guests including a 4 yo and a 5 yo. What the hell do kids like to eat.

inb4 mac&cheez or hot dog,
>>
Gotta go get some chicken nuggets, brah.
>>
>>7037524
Derp, never even crossed my mind. TY.
>>
Fuck you mean, mac and cheese is amazing to anyone. The adults will probably be glad they brought the kids along just to have some mac and cheese. You can do a baked mac and cheese with crumb topping with pulled pork for the adults and nuggies for the kids. Or you can do something gay like crostini and other h'ors doeurves. Still fun for the kids and fancy enough for your faggot guests.
>>
>>7037517
never too early to train their palate anon
>>
Honestly, get some god damn fresh fruit.
Get some strawberrries, maybe some good bananas, blueberries, etc, especially the strawberries though.
Kids fucking love strawberries.

Aside from that, it depends on the child and how indoctrinated they are.
>>
>>7037517
dicks
>>
>>7037544
>pulled pork
no thank you

>nuggies for the kids
literally why do they need both mac and cheese and nuggets? why do you want everyone to be fat?

if you want good "adult" mac and cheese that seems kind of gourmet, at least go for lobster mac and cheese
>>
>>7037551
OK, my shopping list is filling up. I was having a brain freeze about this but now I can go to the store. TY
>>
>>7037517
Kids will eat anything, as long as it tastes good and you tell them it's something weird like monkey tendons or something.
>>
>>7037517
I used to love chicken chasseur and lasagne.
>>
>>7037517
What are you planning to serve your adult guests that you think can't be eaten by a child?
>>
>>7037517
Anything that's not bitter. I have gotten kids to love rare steak, medium rare deer steak, grilled salmon, hand made burgers, grilled chicken wings, stuffed zukes, homemade ice cream, and of course, bacon.
>>
>>7037517

Kids like to eat what the fuck they're served or they go hungry.

The only reason kids won't eat certain foods is because bitch ass parents won't make them eat it.

Don't be a bitch.
>>
Kids love chicken. Cheese-based anything is a great vegetarian option (and honestly, why not forgo meat for a meal?) and if you wanna even dodo vegan then there are good vegan mac and cheese recipes out there.
>>
>>7037517
Semen
>>
>>7039065
Get off the computer, papi
>>
My son (5 y.o) loves stuff like shrimp/scampi, olives, all types of fruit but especially grapes and berries (you see a pattern with small things that are easy to eat with a child's fingers), he's also cured salmon, something I'm not a big fan of myself so he makes me seem like a pleb.

And of course hot dogs, sausages, nuggets, every type of bread, etc. If you make your own nuggers or buy high-quality sausage it can also be a pretty healthy choice.

If they're picky about trying new things, just make up some bullshit story about how The Hulk is green because he eats so much broccoli/peas or similar and make them feel like faggots if they don't try it.
>>
Just ask their parents.
>>
>>7039306
When i was a kid I never had an issue eating things, fuck my favorite food as a kid was raw brussels sprouts, but my nephew wont eat jack shit for some reason. Maybe it's because my brother's a shitty parent? The thing is, I don't really remember a time where I wouldn't try any food my parents gave me. Even still I try almost any food 2-3 times before I confirm I don't like it.
>>
>>7039002
>What are you planning to serve your adult guests that you think can't be eaten by a child?

Mostly vodka.
>>
Olives. Sardines. Pizza with everything on it. Caviar. Black coffee. Pooerh tea. Strong, pungent cheese. Sushi. Steak tartar.
>>
My cum.
>>
>>7037574
>why do kids need protein

Seriously?
>>
File: 813OU3yoCEL._SL1500_.jpg (44 KB, 917x1500) Image search: [Google]
813OU3yoCEL._SL1500_.jpg
44 KB, 917x1500
pic related, they make great snacks. My aunt would always give us a few sticks with milk or apple juice when we went to visit my cousin.
>>
>>7039418

You can get protein from a single dish. No need for two shitty ones.
>>
>>7037574
>lobster mac and cheese
What a waste
>>
>>7037517

>what do kids like to eat

>inb4 food that kids like to eat

Go back to /b/.
>>
>>7039442
Thank you for nothing shit poster. Go back to Darwin.
>>
>>7039067
>good vegan mac and cheese recipes

Have you tried them? Cause if you have pls help

Although the nutritional yeast gives me mad bubbly guts

I really like cashew cheese but I don't think it necessarily tastes like cheese... and then the whole squirts problem after....
>>
Ask the parents, stupid. The kids might have special dietary requirements or allergies. Do the parents know that you're planning on putting food out? They should let you know what to serve. Or they should bring their own food. What the fuck.
>>
>>7037517

Kids dislike bitter foods, this is natural and no amount of forcing them to try it will change that. They also tend to dislike complicated or unfamiliar foods, you can train them out of that but if these kids are just visiting there isn't much point doing so.

My stand by kid food is strips of chicken breast, chips (fries), peas and corn. I have never met a kid who won't eat it and it is a relatively balanced meal.
>>
File: images.jpg (8 KB, 252x177) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8 KB, 252x177
>>7041512

>requirements
>allergies

They're children. Unrefined palates, basic nutritional needs. If they're not the product of an extremely lazy parenting style they won't want McNuggets and Mac n' cheese.

Children copy what their elders do. Neither of my sons would hesitate to eat caviar, or anything I suggested for that matter. Bad parenting is indulging their every whim. Clean plates or sleep off the pangs of hunger, period.

The western world breeds giant walking vaginas. Every one of my kids friends are equally as polarized as their parents. Picky, indulgent, whiners. Pathetic really.

Gif related, shit that doesn't happen in my house.
>>
Spaghetti, a lot of kids like spaghetti and are brought up on it because the parents are lazy fucks and don't know how to cook.
Avoid adding a rich sauce or too many herbs
>>
>>7037517
basic things

>pizza
>pasta, especially spaghetti or pasta in cute shapes
>roast chicken
>frozen mixed vegetables
>>
>>7041504
There's no "great" recipe for vegan mac and cheese. I've tried dozens and they pretty much all suck. (I'm not a vegan, but I am allergic to dairy).
The best recipe I've come up with, that makes a dish similar enough to Mac and cheese, it to make a sauce using pureed butternut squash, tofutti cream cheese, and tofutti sour cream, with plenty of pepper, a few dashes of hot sauce, a grating of nutmeg, and whatever other seasonings you may like in it, mix with your al dente pasta and bake with some breadcrumbs on top like you would for regular mac and cheese.
Nutritional yeast is foul.
>>
>>7041528
>Clean plates or sleep off the pangs of hunger, period.
Completely disagree on this. Not everyone likes the same things, especially children.
>>
>>7037574
>dislikes pulled pork mac and cheese
>likes lobster mac and cheese
People like you are why God doesn't talk to us anymore.
>>
>>7039314
>>7039314
>>7039314

srsly op
>>
Nutritional meal plus some super sweet dessert is they can have fun too
>>
File: just.jpg (92 KB, 374x363) Image search: [Google]
just.jpg
92 KB, 374x363
Protip
NEVER try to feed other peoples kids healthy food, especially in America

>Be /fit/
>Have a housewarming party for my new apartment
>One of my friends is invited but has to bring his 6 year old kid
>He is a nice guy but a skinny beta
>His wife is fat whale
>His son is a fat whale
>Know I will be preparing snacks for the occasion
>Decide to make a fun kids meal for the kid so he doesn't get bored
>Put into a box some berries, healthy lettuce, 2 cubes of dark chocolate, a handful of walnuts and a small tub of honey
>then throw in a couple of small lego men I had around
>then go to McDonalds before the party and buy some chicken nuggets
>Put them into a bag
>fill the bag with ants
>when everyone turns up the kid is a fat shit and starts complaining about hunger
>''I have just the thing!''
>give him the bag
>he starts looking through it
>clearly annoyed at the healthy snacks I gave him
>he notices the nuggets
>smiles a wide smile
>''NUGGETS NUGGETS YESSSSS''
>pulls them out
>looks more closely
>>''WHY ARE THERE ANTS IN THE BAGGGG MOOOOMMMMMM''
>his parents come running over
>they both look at me as he explains what is happening
>I pat him on the head and say ''The ants are eating the nuggets, because they will be eating you soon if you don't eat more healthily'' supposed to tell him he will die soon due to his weight
>his mom gets butthurt
>starts shoving me
>my friend just stands back all beta and doesn't stop her
>they leave
>pretty sure she told him they would get some hamburgers on the way home

Its hopeless, fat people are idiots
>>
>>7041528
>Clean plates or sleep off the pangs of hunger, period.
Good way to encourage overindulgence you fucking idiot.
>>
>>7037517

Mac and cheese, but cook up some bacon as well and slice the bacon and put it in the mac and cheese. Tastes good and I guess it is cheap?

Or Get cheetos and crush them until their small pieces and then put them on mac and cheese. Kids will like it.

Provide a unseasoned salad as well of basic ingredients like lettuce, tomato, cucumber, and carrot. Leave a small bowl of dressing on the side. So parents don't complain that you're serving them unhealthy crap.
>>
>>7043161
I know this is bait, but.....
Only a psycho would humilate a child in a room full of adults. The fat mom was right to shove you.
3/10 for making me reply.
>>
>>7043254
How is giving him healthy food humilating a child?
>>
>>7037517
My kid loves pasta. Basic spaghetti bolognese is what mine will eat every night of the week.

As much as I love cooking with lots of herbs, kids usually hate the texture of leafy shit in their food. So, keep things basic. Finger-foody. Savory.

Most kids like fruit. Mashed potatoes. various chicken. cornflake-breaded oven baked chicken is on my weekly menu. Corn on the cob.

If you can, talk to the mom, kids are picky. Parents know best.
>>
>>7043161
I like your style - keep it up.
>>
>>7041993
>There's no "great" recipe for vegan mac and cheese.

Why would there be?

I've never had a vegetable and thought to myself, "wow...this tastes like cheese!" and nor have I had the desire to find a vegetable that tastes like cheese. That's retarded.

If you're trying to replicate things normal people would eat instead of coming up with standard vegan tard meals, then you might as well just eat like a normal person.

>tofutti "sour cream" and "cream cheese"

Get out of here with that garbage...
>>
>>7043367
>>tofutti "sour cream" and "cream cheese"

This reminds me of the time my mom tried to pull one over on me and made my favorite dessert, cheesecake, for my birthday one year. Only she decided to be sneaky and make it using tofu instead of cream cheese because "it tastes exactly the same"

She was wrong.
>>
>>7041528
>hurr durr i raise my children well and if people don't follow my doctrine this is why america's failing

newsflash jimbo jones, children aren't as cookie cutter simple as you think
>>
>>7043424
The hell they ain't. Kids are dumb fucks that copy all the shit you do. Say fuck you to them, they'll reply with a fat juicy fuck you, too.
>>
>>7043263
The bag of ants is what he was refering to. If he just had the healthy foods and the kid whined then that's all down to the kid just being a brat. But past that it was his intention to let the kid see the nuggets and make fun of him for it.
>>
>>7037517
Kids seem to always like chicken. Breaded Chicken tenders should go over well. Also pasta with butter. Some kids will like sauce.

Also, just ask the parents what the kids like. A lot of times people realize that their kids are difficult to feed so they make them eat before they bring them over someone's house.
>>
Why do kids have such shit taste in food?
>>
>>7037574
Stop being autistic and trying to force kids to eat your snob shit and just give them the nuggers, nigga
>>
>>7039306

What's it like being a 4chan parent?
>>
>>7043828
Their palates are not mature enough
>>
>>7043367
Fuck off with your stupid opinions. Sour cream and cream cheese made from tofu is a perfectly normal substitute for a creamy substance in dishes where you need that. It's faggots like you who read bits and pieces of posts and cherry pick the thing you want to bitch about that make this world a terrible place. I'm sure your diet of cheetos and hot dogs is exactly what people think when they think of "eating like a normal person". If you want the garbage out of here, go fucking throw yourself in a dumpster, like the trash you are.
>>
>>7037517
Tendies
>>
>>7043389
>Only she decided to be sneaky and make it using tofu instead of cream cheese because "it tastes exactly the same"
>She was wrong.

First, it's a marketing ploy for retards trying to shill their ass-tasting product to other retards, and second, it's what retards tell themselves to feel better about eating goat ass on a plate.

"Gee....this Tofutti cream cheese tastes just like cream cheese"....said no normal person EVER.
>>
>>7037517

Nuggets, pizza, Mac & Cheese, Hotdogs/corndogs.
>>
>>7043424
>newsflash jimbo jones, children aren't as cookie cutter simple as you think

Bullshit.

Never met a kid that didn't understand the belt.

The only issue we have today is with pussy adults that want to be "friends" with their children, instead of being their parents.

That's why there's adults out there with children that are "picky eaters".
>>
>>7037517
>What the hell do kids like to eat.

What will they eat that isn't too messy is a better question.

And the answer is... GRAPES. MOTHERFUCKING GRAPES. Once they've had all the grapes they can eat, break out some string cheese. And you cannot go wrong with those little apple juice boxes. Or even ice water BUT PROVIDE A STRAW TO DRINK IT.
Fruit salad is also pretty safe.
>>
>>7041528
>feeds child apple slices
>allergic to apples
>parents leave with child to go to hospital

Hrrrmmm....I wonder why you would ask for allergies.
>>
File: Toffuti garbage.jpg (100 KB, 412x309) Image search: [Google]
Toffuti garbage.jpg
100 KB, 412x309
>>7045565
>Sour cream and cream cheese made from tofu is a perfectly normal substitute for....

Goat vomit.

Let's check out the ingredients of your bullshit "Tofutti cream cheese", shall we?

1. Water....good start
2. Partially hydrogenated soybean oil.....the fuck is this processed GARBAGE!
3. Isolated soy protein....more processed GARBAGE!
4. Maltodextrin.....still more processed GARBAGE!
5. Tofu......about fucking time we found the tofu in the "tofu" cream cheese
6. non-dairy lactic acid.....even more processed GARBAGE!
7. Sugar.....oh, that's healthy, but I guess they've got to do something to mask the taste of the other bullshit.
8. Locust bean, guar, AND carrageenan gums......processed filler GARBAGE!
9. Salt.....I like my partially hydrogenated soybean oil well salted, so...
10. Vegetable mono AND diglycerides...oh, look, MORE processed GARBAGE!
11. Potassium sorbate....amazing, more processed GARBAGE designed to preserve the other GARBAGE!

First, you've got to be a retard to mistake all that garbage for "cream cheese", and second, you might as well eat cheetos and pork rinds if you're going to put that shit in your body.

I suggest you read the labels of what you're buying, vegan, especially if you're going to recommend the bullshit as a "healthy" alternative, because it's NOT.
>>
>>7045699
Are you going fishing, because that's A LOT of fucking bait.
You're a moron, who doesnt even know what most of those ingredients are.
Your opinions -GARBAGE!!
>>
>>7043104
I'll talk to you, but only when necessary.
If I speak to you too much then you'll take me for granted so it's best to be silent most of the time.
>>
File: 13379849084.gif (481 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
13379849084.gif
481 KB, 500x375
>>7043095

Translation: I don't have kids.

>>7043200

Translation: I'm fat...why God why.

>>7043424

>All kids aren't the same
>Medication exists to make them "the same"
>People aren't biologically similar in any way

Translation: I hate my kids and wife. Why can't I make decisions too!?

>>7045662

>Allergic to apples
>anyone

Nothing of value would be lost. You're the type to start a campaign against nutbutter sandwiches because your child is a walking birthdefect not fit for survival.

Translation: I worry about everything...all the time, so my kids in turn have grown to be afraid of everything too. Muh tendies meme etc etc etc.

>mfw this entire thread.
>>
>>7045908
Vegan damage control activated!
>>
>>7045927
I like how delusional the vegans are with their "substitutes" that taste "just like" whatever it is they won't eat for "health" reasons.

That vegan would try to serve their "tofutti" bullshit to your kid because they think it's healthier just because it has a vegan label, and yet it's every bit as bad as the cheeto's they deride others for eating.

Morons.
>>
File: product-226-standard-640x480.jpg (35 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
product-226-standard-640x480.jpg
35 KB, 640x480
>>
>>7045908
>You're a moron, who doesnt even know what most of those ingredients are.

Are you seriously trying to justify the processed fats, fillers, and preservatives in this disgusting vegan concoction as being "healthy"?

You're delusional.

>Your opinions -GARBAGE!!

No, but you're idea of "healthy" vegan food certainly is.
>>
>>7045927
I'm not a vegan, you fucking retard, which you'd know if you were intelligent enough to follow a thread and comprehend what you read.
>>
>>7046006
>cheese doesn't have fats and oils
>doesn't understand the differences between types of food additives
>still can't read enough understand there's no vegan here.
Get a load of this dumb faggot

>
>>
>>7045963
Are you legitimately retarded? Or is this some pathetic attempt at bad bait? I'm assuming it's the former and you're actually mentally handicapped.
>>
>>7037517
Serve them whatever you're eating. If they've been exposed to a variety of foods instead of just mac n cheese and chicken nuggets they'll probably like it, or at least parts of it. My nephews are 5 and 3 and they'll just about anything you put in front of them. If they haven't had it they'll at least taste it.

If kids refuse to try new food it's the parents' fault.
>>
File: Why you mad.jpg (21 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Why you mad.jpg
21 KB, 300x300
>>7046188
>>7046197
>>
>>7039306
>make them feel like faggots if they don't try it
i love when parents post
>>
>>7046348
You're the one who went into retard rage mode and started writing lengthy rage posts. We know who's the mad poster. (Hint: it's you). Rage tard.
>>
>>7045699
Tofu isn't a processed food in the first place? It's essentially bean cheese. How do you draw the line between tofu and soy protein isolate?
>>
OP here - now the roundup:

1. Ask the parents - I wanted to find something different that they don't normally eat, but possibility will eat.

2. Beat them into submission - I'm not going to raise them you ignorant fuckheads, I'm only going to feed them for a couple of days.

3. Feed them soylent - why would you do that to an American kid? It isn't even fun.

4. Keep it simple - pasta, fruit, nuggers, finger food stuff: ding ding ding. But to make it different I am going to get the more uncommon versions, like weird pasta shapes.
>>
>>7043161
On of the off chance that this isn't b8, kill yourself.

You never never tell with m-muh fitness faggots.
>>
File: 445786519_618cd06eee_b.jpg (651 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
445786519_618cd06eee_b.jpg
651 KB, 1024x768
kids will prefer this over lobster bisque
>>
You more or less have 2 approaches.

>Cook for the adults, side meal for the kids.

Self-explanatory, the kids get something easy like nuggets or hot dogs.

>Everyone gets the same thing, but the adult version is different.

You make a base dish that the kids will enjoy (pizza or a burger or somesuch) then you make the version the adults eat a little fancier with garnish or condiments or toppings or whatever.
>>
Just feed them the same thing. Ask the parents beforehand whether the kids will eat it or not. What kind of peasants feed kids nuggers in a dinner party?
>>
>>7037517
Marinate some small slices of chicken in vinegar and olive oil for about two or three hours, roll them in crumbs, then fry them in organic butter.

Slice a potato into a rectangle, then slice the rectangle into thin frites. Pan fry in organic butter.
Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.