[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So /ck/ is the tea, coffee, and liquor board, does it also have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2
File: 800px-Shag-tobacco-01_(xndr).jpg (58 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
800px-Shag-tobacco-01_(xndr).jpg
58 KB, 800x533
So /ck/ is the tea, coffee, and liquor board, does it also have a place for tobacco?
>>
Soon I'll (hopefully) be working a job for which I'll be required to take drug tests so I'll have to drop smoking weed but I still want to smoke things because I like smoking.
What kind of loose tobacco is good for rolling? Papers?
>>
>>7037391

Depends on who's on, most people who don't smoke won't care, but much like the little group of reactionary, vehement anti-weed people on here, there's also anti-smokers who'll kick up a fuss and derail a thread.
>>
>>7037398
Balishag, drum, bugler, american spirits (especially blacks oh baby) are all good. I tend to like thicker papers for ciggies.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-11-02-19-16-06.png (191 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-11-02-19-16-06.png
191 KB, 1080x1920
>>7037391
I quit smoking 12 days ago. I smoked American Spirits
>>
>>7037398
elements because low carcinogen rice paper and i like mine with black Cavendish or Dun-hill nightcap
>>
any of the djarum mini cigars are also nice
>>
>>7037398
bro explore other smoking options- a tobacco habit is a really gnarly thing to pick up just because you're dropping weed. look into mullein wild dagga and other things like that- there are better options out there.
>>
>>7037446
ooooo I could totally go for a pack of bali hais right now

>>7037448
baka desu senpai
>>
>>7037451
i just had a black cherry but fuck me now i want some bali hais
>>
>>7037446
The cherry and the menthol blacks are pretty good
>>
>>7037448
the one time i tried a mullein cigarette i coughed for like a week, it felt like there was fucking cotton in my lungs
also Kevin is that you?
>>
>>7037478
you must be a giant pussy, mullein is the lightest of lightweight smokes, try manzanita bark if you really want harsh.
>>
If your city or town has a tobacconist go to them and get their loose rolling tobacco, most will have at least three or four different kinds to choose from. It will be more tobacco for less. (I live in Boston, its ~$9 for a pack of Marlboro, $5~6 for a 0.6 ounce pouch of Bugler, and $4~5 for an ounce of tobacconist rolling tobacco (plus a buck or two for papers). I'd recommend also getting a pack of cotton filters. Zen or swan brand are best.
>>
>>7037489
I should clarify that smoking it was fine, but i had a cough and felt like there was cotton in my lungs after i had finished it.
>>
i also recommend a little tiny corncob and a bit of comeys, cheap but a good starter set up
>>
>>7037491
$6.50 for .6 of tops and 40 papers in NY
and $10 for a giant bag of loose tobacco from the Indian reservation they usually give you papers and a lighter with purchase totally worth it
>>
>>7037570
ugh those big bags are good if you and five buddyguys are going to a music festival for a weekend and don't feel like paying 15-20 bucks for a pack and that's about it
>>
>>7037498
>blaming symptoms of illness on a babby cig
boy you stupid
>>
>>7037584
y u gotta b so rude
dont u no im human 2
>>
>>7037391
I don't smoke but I like seeing smoking threads, it adds some character and flavor to the board To Be Honest.So yea
>>
>>7037391
>2015
>inhaling poison
are people actually still this stupid?
>>
>>7037786
half the the threads involve "foods" that would kill an average person in a shorter time than lung cancer would.

how many fucking hamburger/fast food threads do we need. god fucking damn it, my souffle thread got like a dozen replies and i photographed my progress and (reasonable) end result.
>>
>>7037439
So you roll pipe tobacco? I used to do that too because it's so much cheaper than proper rolling tobacco here.
>>
>>7037598
cuz you had to go and slander my main man mullein who aint never hurt a soul.
>>
>>7037797
I didn't even see your thread, calm down senpai
>>
My dad carves pipes and is a bit of a pipe smoking connoiseur. He must have 75 or 100 pounds of tobacco all aging in their basement. He creates his own blends and adds some seasonings, etc to tobaccos as well. I smoke a pipe maybe once a week or so. I smoke a lot more if I'm out camping or hiking. There are few things better than a cool, fall night with a tumbler of bourbon and a good bowl of tobacco.

Glad to hear other people enjoy tobacco, but I would definitely suggest learning and possibly buying a cheap tobacco pipe. Here is a great resource to start learning about pipe smoking and pipe tobacco. http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/
>>
>>7037391
>does it also have a place for tobacco?
No.
You cant eat or drink it

Also, smoking as a hobby?
That's pretty gay
>>
>>7037804
I've heard that rolling tobaccos sometimes call themselves pipe tobaccos to dodge the higher taxes imposed on cigarette tobaccos
Don't hold me to that though
>>
>>7039439
Its something to do while going for a walk or reading outside and stuff
And meeting/talking to people sometimes
>>
>>7037398
Vaping is healthier and you won't stink like an ashtray

I smoke Samson or Drum and Gizeh papers.

>>7037432
Do they make something that's like Halfzware Shag tabacco?
The stuff in the yellow packages is too light for my taste.
>>
>>7041085
>Vaping is healthier and you won't stink like an ashtray

Good pipe tobacco leaves you smelling like chocolate. I'd say that beats vaping, though I do agree with the healthy bit. Mostly. You are huffing antifreeze, after all.
>>
>>7037427
>>7037398
>>7041085

Second for Bali Shag and Samson. Those brands were my top two favorites, and I smoked a lot of tobacco using both types of rolling machines, and a also through a huge bong. The flavor and smoke totally outclassed any store brand cigarette, but only when rolled properly.

Personal blog time: I had a comically large bong with a gargantuan bowl that tore through weed, so I started cutting it with tobacco. I filled the chamber with Peppermint Schnapps for the ultimate menthol experience. These weed/tobacco/schapps bongloads were the best rips I've ever had by far, and I'd like to spread the word to all people who might be concerned. I recommend using a separate slider for tobacco, because tobacco tar res is really nappy desu senpai.
>>
>>7037398
Try George Karelias and sons tobacco
I never smoke tobacco and rarely smoke weed which has ti be mixed with tobacco. This is the only one I find enjoyable so far
>>
>>7037391
Why the fuck do all you nignogs keep coming here expecting us to be about tobacco? What does tobacco have to do with food and cooking?
>>
>>7042040
Tobacco threads have always been fine on /ck/. Lurk more, newfriend
>>
>>7042040
>What does tobacco have to do with food and cooking?
you've clearly never worked at a restaurant
>>
>>7042058
And they never deserved a place here.
But +1 internets to you for putting me in my place, le epic oldfag. You sure told me.
>>
>>7042126
>le
reddit pls go
>>
>>7042125
we weed threads now
>>
>>7037398
Before you start smoking, check to see if they're a nicotine-free workplace. If they're going to do random drug tests, they might be doing nicotine tests, as well
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.