[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What places serve food like a bowling alley but aren't really
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5
File: _mg_0183.jpg (37 KB, 555x371) Image search: [Google]
_mg_0183.jpg
37 KB, 555x371
What places serve food like a bowling alley but aren't really bowling alleys?
>>
Arcades and skating rings.
>>
>>7036629
pretty much just bar food, innit?
>>
>>7036629
>>
some pool halls
>>
>tfw got so drunk at a local bowling alley I kept falling in the lane and then couldn't even stand at all so my friends had to carry me out and I am banned from coming back
>>
There's a mega64 video that takes place within a neat place - go look up their recent podcasts
>>
File: image.jpg (19 KB, 250x188) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19 KB, 250x188
>>7036653
Lmao sounds like somebody should have eaten
>>
I would love a restaurant that serves shitty bowling alley/skating rink/arcade food.

"Nachos" in plastic trays that are just cheap tortilla chips, canned jalapenos, and a side of gross melted cheese, hot dogs from a roller, popcorn from a dirty popper, shitty frozen pizza cooked in a toaster oven, etc.

I love that shit.
>>
>>7036795
I bet ur a pederast desu lad
>>
>>7036795
tourist trap restaurants in tourist cities
>>
>>7036795

It's called 7/11
>>
File: ohboy.jpg (26 KB, 314x349) Image search: [Google]
ohboy.jpg
26 KB, 314x349
>>7036653
>banned from coming back
wew lad
>>
>>7036807

Nah man, I want to sit down and order it.
>>
>>7036795
Me too anon. That smell when you first walk over to concession stand gives me biggest nostalgia boner. The skating ring always had these frozen pickle juice cubes and the nachos n cheese was always expensive as fuck and it still is!
>>
Just find a shitty old Walmart with a food court. They still sell concession stand food for dirt cheap, I like it.
>>
>>7036828

The K-Mart that just closed in my town had one about 15 years ago. I miss it. It was so fucking gross.
>>
bar food, at a bar?
>>
>>7036795
state fairs?
>>
>>7036863

Nigga, I want to sit down at a somewhat classy place so I don't feel like a disgusting loser when I eat it.
>>
>>7036842
Oh their awful, you can smell the old popcorn, dry aged hot dogs and simmering cheese sauce all over the store. I'll eat it, I'm not ashamed.
>>
>>7036880

Fuck yeah.

My Target used to have one too. Granted, it was a ton cleaner, but still pretty gross. I think it just serves coffee now and maybe popcorn.
>>
>>7036887
Yea I forgot about the target one, I think it was a step up from Walmart but they still served that unique department store concession fare. We got a new Walmart and target, Walmart has shitty McDonald's and target has a Starbucks and pizza hut
>>
In the late 70s through early 80s a lot of department stores had small restaurants or lunch counters. Kmart obviously, but it was more of a consession stand. Places like JCPenney had one that were like restaurants. Before the food courts, it was the only place to eat at the mall and if you were going to be there awhile it really hit the spot. I had my first reuben at one of those. I remember the waitresses were always wearing ladies business suits instead of the retarded heehaw dresses like the diner waitresses. It was extra advertising for the latest fashions available at the store.

Office buildings and hospitals all had them too, but they usually were not as good.
>>
Anyone ever had a Gabriel Brothers hotdog?
>>
>>7036989

Holy shit no, where on earth do they serve hot dogs at gabes? I used to work there hahaha
>>
File: image.jpg (78 KB, 640x494) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
78 KB, 640x494
>>7036958
Was similar to this, but a lot more beige and all the windows were covered with those hanging venetian blinds like you see over patio doors in apartments now. I think this is a Sambo's, but either way, both were good. I just wish I was old enough at the time to enjoy all the other perks... It was raining drugs and pussy back then, no one could spell 'cholesterol' let alone know what it was. No one rode scooters, even Amish people smoked, gas was $0.22/gal, schwag was $20 for a large paper grocery bag full, and there wasn't any venereal diseases that a little penicillin couldn't knock out, and you could get that mail order.
>>
>>7037014
South of Pittsburgh there's one and it used to have hot dogs and pretzels and slushies when I was a kid. Can still remember that disgusting smell of walking into Gabe's.
>>
>>7037079

Oh wow, I worked at the one in the north of Pittsburgh.
>>
>>7036629
Well have you heard of these places called restaurants that exist?
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.