[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best Pizza Chain
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 12
File: hah.jpg (172 KB, 960x340) Image search: [Google]
hah.jpg
172 KB, 960x340
>>
Tbh the one you posted
>>
pizza hut
>>
>>7036560
None, best pizza from your local pizza shop
>>
>>7036560
Two words:
Round
table
pizza.
>>
>>7038321
i hate this fucking meme

yes once in a while you can find a good mom n pop pizzeria but a lot of them are shitty cheap garbage with terrible greasy ingredients and less health codes than the major food chains

same applies for so-called local chicken or burger joints
>>
>>7038345
>less health codes
wut?
>>
none
>>
>>7038334
Round Table is garbage. You Californian fucks know shit all about pizza. Undercooked, doughy nonsense. The best chain in this shitheap of a state is Pieology, which is fucking sad. The only local place that's any good is Me & Ed's in Long Beach.

Fuck this state and fuck the pizza here.
>>
>>7038348
He means they aren't as strict about health violations.
>>
>>7038348
Not that guy, but its pretty obvious what he means.

Large chain restaurants have much stricter set procedures regarding food hygiene than small independent shops. It means nothing to a Pizza Hut employee to throw away a bag of chicken which is one day out of date since its not their money. But for an independent place, they are more likely to be tempted to keep it and relable it since thats their own profits going in the bin.

If Pizza Hut fuck up and poison someone, its national news and people up and down the country start to avoid them. If the local family owned pizza place fuck up, they get a visit from environmental health, a slap on the wrists and are back to normal trading a week later.
>>
Jets
Round Table
Hungry howies
>>
Domino's, though only if you're getting the thin crust.
>>
what the fuck is Detroit style and why would someone brag about it
>>
File: buddys-pizza-detroit.jpg (135 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
buddys-pizza-detroit.jpg
135 KB, 720x480
>>7038496
Detroit has the best pizza in the US, coming from someone who's lived there, NY, and Chicago

Honestly NY style pizza can be found anywhere in the country, the idea that it's unique is placebo, it's just an atmosphere thing like a philly cheese steak...you can get it anywhere really but we see it as a thing we WANT to have in a certain environment
>>
>>7038500
>Detroit has the best [...]
hahahaha
>>
The best in Ontario, at least.
>>
>>7036560
>detroit style
>not served on a burning tire stuffed with crack pipes and used diapers
>>
>>7038382

More or less this.

But there are some top tier mom & pops out there.
>>
File: laff.jpg (17 KB, 265x300) Image search: [Google]
laff.jpg
17 KB, 265x300
>>7036560
>Detroit style tomato bread
My sides
>>
lovin papa john's, no doubt. i always TIP BIG, so sometimes i get free sodie pops
>>
File: replicant.jpg (6 KB, 314x161) Image search: [Google]
replicant.jpg
6 KB, 314x161
>>7039200
>lovin papa john's,

you poor sap
>>
>>7039160
>burning tires myth and not empty wooded neighborhoods from all the abandonment that has turned into forest.

"OMGZ IM GONNA GET RAPED AND MUGGED BY NIGGERS IN THE WOODS"

right.
>>
File: TreeLightingDetroit.jpg (505 KB, 720x478) Image search: [Google]
TreeLightingDetroit.jpg
505 KB, 720x478
>>7039160
Scary Spoopy Detroit!
>>
>>7039200
Pro-tip: If you're paying extra, it ain't free.
1/10
>>
>>7038517

Detroit has the best amount of people being shot.

You gotta give em something.
>>
>>7039240
>>7039246
The flyover states are butt-blasted today.
>>
>>7038358
>Pieology

fucking hipster trash. Do you wax your mustache and iron your plaid flannel before going to eat your fedora pizza?
>>
File: dumbass.jpg (11 KB, 105x155) Image search: [Google]
dumbass.jpg
11 KB, 105x155
>>7039384
Stay mad fuccboi
>>
After trying pizza joint, after pizza joint, after pizza joint......the two best pizza places here are both local. One is called Village Pizzeria, which is nice, floppy, cheesey NYC style, and the other is a local take and bake place called Mama Sophia's, which has some killer combo pizzas, like the Popeye, that has garlic sauce, spinach, fresh tomatoes, sun dried tomatoes, green olives, artichoke hearts, mozzarella and feta.
I love the fact that both of those places offer green olives as a topping. Not many places do.
>>
>>7039392
Stay pleb, hipster trash. Go ride your fixy up your boyfriend's asshole.
>>
>>7039303
Chicago beats Detroit in that
>>
>>7039407
So frusterbated over a vaguely identifiable cultural boogieman
>>
>>7039411
Anyone who's favorite pizza place is Pieology is undeniably a hipsterish mincing faggot. It's not a "cultural boogie man", it's cultural retardation at it's finest.
>>
>>7038358
Pieology is basically Pizza Subway. It's so fucking gross.
>>
>>7038487
Oh Hi Mid Michigan person. Try Brooklyn Boyz pizza. It's pretty awesome.
>>
>>7038345
I have no idea where you live that the chains are better than the mom and pop joints, but I'm really fucking glad I don't live there.
>>
>>7039654
>Mid Michigan

No, Florida, we have no Round Table but I made an educated guess that they are the same as the other two basically in terms of really really good chain pizza.
>>
Is lil c's deep dish still good? All I see in that pic is extra dough.
>>
>>7036560
I like little Caesars but why ate you posting that dry, 98% bread, no sauce at all garbage. Deep dish a shit
>>
>>7039787
that's basically all it is, but it tastes better than their regular pizza
>>
>>7039787
>>7039831
>>7039832

What makes it "Detroit Style" is that they grease the pan before they throw the dough in. This allows it to turn not only crispy but fluffy. It's greasy shit, but for $6 bucks its bretty gud.

>inevitable shitposting in response

Get fucked.
>>
>>7039890
it's $8 where i live
still a good price though
>>
>>7039895
5$ for lunch with a 20 oz beverage of your choice.
6$ from Nov. 2nd - 15th. Read the pic Bruh

>this leaves out that you walk in, hand the fucker the money and leave with your pie.

It's hardly gourmet, but in a pinch it'll do.
>>
File: Downriver Detroit Pizza.png (940 KB, 936x530) Image search: [Google]
Downriver Detroit Pizza.png
940 KB, 936x530
>>7036560
Downriver Detroit here. There are way too many independent pizza joints around here for anyone to buy chain pizza. Only the lazy buy that garbage. Chain pizza goes out of business. My independently owned, corner pizza parlor has been successful for over 35 years. Why? Because it is fantastic.

There are more independent pizza joints around here than there are gas stations - and some of those gas stations rent space out for independent pizza making. I honestly can't imagine buying a pizza from a chain if you live in the Detroit area unless all you have is $5.

Pic related - typical pizza parlor. One in every neighborhood.
>>
>>7039646
Holy Christ, are you fucking retarded? I'm not even the pieology guy but I can fucking read that he only said it was the top of the shitty heap. You're the one getting buttblasted going on about it being someone's favorite. Stop gagging on dick and take a moment to read.
>>
>>7036560
>deep deep dish!
>paper thin layer of cheese and sauce on two inches of bread
I hate this fucking trend, square pizza is the worst
>>
File: 348s[1].jpg (33 KB, 348x348) Image search: [Google]
348s[1].jpg
33 KB, 348x348
Who Midwest here?
>>
>>7040115
It's not a trend, youngster. Detroit style pizza has been around since before your great grandparents were born. And it is not what your angsty pouting ass claims it to be.

Perhaps try it before knocking it. I know at least one of your teachers has said that to you over the past couple of years.
>>
Hungry howies or pizza hut. I only get thin crust pizzas with tomatoes and bacon or sausage
>>
>>7040089
Bruh that doesn't look too friendly
>>
>>7040147
Are you seriously defending that shit show of a pizza in OPs pic?
Take a look at it. A reaaaal long look at that greasy, doughy disaster.
>>
>>7040137
So greasy the box becomes translucent
Never again
>>
>>7040154
Go complain to your mommy - not people who know better.
>>
>>7040166
>getting this butthurt because the McDonalds of pizza mentioned the American Mogadishu that you live in
>>
Y'all got Papa Murphy's where you're from?

I wouldn't call them great, but probably the best chain.
>>
File: B5ehNIlCcAAKN7N[1].jpg (63 KB, 600x532) Image search: [Google]
B5ehNIlCcAAKN7N[1].jpg
63 KB, 600x532
>>7040155
Topper Sticks are the best late night food IMO
>>
>>7040172
Uh... Little Sleazers only sells an interpretation of Detroit style pizza.

You're not very smart, are you?
>>
>>7040193
My point is I was clearly quoting the picture and referring to the pizza in the picture. Then you got defensive about actual Detroit style pizza, despite the fact I literally not once mentioned it until this sentence. I'm insulting little seazies, not Detroit.
>>
>>7040219
Fair enough.
>>
File: 334_large.jpg (33 KB, 600x239) Image search: [Google]
334_large.jpg
33 KB, 600x239
Why is this shit so good?
>>
You've got a thing of your favorite dipping sauce... do you get the Deep dish or normal with a side of crazy bread?
>>
>be me
>throw a halloween party
>For some reason my friends overnighted two chicago style pizzas to surprise me
>based fucking pizza

im watering just thinking of it. no chain can compare. its like 40 bucks for two, but god damn that spinach one delicious.
>>
>>7038500
even dollar pizza in ny has a better crust flavor and texture than premium pies anywhere else
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.