[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pizza Sauce Recipes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 9
File: picz5JbOA.jpg (105 KB, 551x416) Image search: [Google]
picz5JbOA.jpg
105 KB, 551x416
Alright cu/ck/s I want to try making pizza from scratch, what is a good pizza sauce recipe?

I'm a flyover so if any New Yorkers can give some tips thanks senpai
>>
Tomato puree
1 tsp salt
1 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp sugar
Ground black pepper
1 tbsp evo
>>
You can use pretty much any tomato sauce, you just want to puree it.

There's a million ways to make one. I usually sautee some minced onion and garlic, then add in a large can of crushed tomatoes, a good helping of tomato paste, a splash of red wine and season with red pepper, black pepper, basil, oregano and thyme. It's pretty hard to fuck up and you can add other vegetables or seasonings to your preference. Since you're going to spread it on a pizza, you want it on the thinner side.

Simmer for a while, let it cool and then take a stick blender to it.
>>
>>7035944

it's more to do with the chemical composition of the water that makes specific doughs unique. NYC's water come from the Hudson Valley and The Catskill region, which is really just Glacier fed run-off from further up North in Canada.

On its way down to the Hudson Valley and the Catskill regions it picks up elements very unique to the area, hence... the flavor, texture, and consistency cannot be matched. Ever.

I've heard of restaurants shipping water from the area across the continent just to have an "authentic" tasting pie in California.

The water and brand of yeast you use will greatly affect the end results with the product you're using.

I like all styles of pizza, I am from NYC, good food is good food.

Also, cheese... the cheese is super important. I've never once seen a pizza place use marinara to make a pie, tomatoes, salt, pepper... that's pizza sauce.
>>
>>7036005
lol post of the year
>>
>>7035944
Tomato sauce > crushed tomato > tomato paste > Italian herbs/onion & garlic powder/salt & pepper
Use these proportions to your liking, and season to your taste. Really hard to fuck it up.

Don't use pre-shredded cheese.
>>
File: palm.jpg (2 KB, 136x91) Image search: [Google]
palm.jpg
2 KB, 136x91
>>7036129
>Italian herbs
Please explain? I really would like to know more.
>>
>>7036139
its a spice mixture sold premade
>>
>>7036139

Rosemary, basil, thyme, marjoram and parsley.

Food 101, learn it.
>>
>>7036234
Yup, all native to Italy.
>>
Sauce is easy, anon.

Straight up Neopolitan pizza is simply peeled and crushed San Marzano tomatoes with some salt....and that's it.

Pic related is a pretty popular brand you might be able to find in a store, and all you do is pull out the tomatoes and simply crush them with your hand until they are the consistency of your liking. They need to be thin enough to spread easy, but thick enough not to make your pizza soupy. Can't find those, than just buy some tomato puree in a can and use that.

I use it straight from the can after crushing, spoon it on my dough, and simply sprinkle it with salt, and any other spices I might be in the mood for at the moment. I don't even measure, but just take a pinch of say, oregano, and sprinkle it over the sauce, and it comes out delicious. Of course, you could premix it in a bowl, too. If you want spices, go with salt, oregano, dried basil, black pepper, and rosemary can add a great touch. Of course there's always garlic too, but I just slice up close and put them right on the pizza as is....

Regardless, the hard part about a pizza is the dough, but you can use any all purpose flour and come out with a great dough if you experiment with your recipe, ratios, and fermentation times.

Best of luck.
>>
is there anyway to improv pasta jar sauce for pizza?
>>
>>7036859

Nope.

You can use what you want, though, but a real pizza sauce is simply made with crushed / puree tomato.
>>
>>7035964
Do you just use the same amount of seasoning for a tablespoon of puree as for a litre?
>>
>>7036005
What is the chemical composition of the water?
>>
>>7036234
So the ingredients should be used seperately so that you can regulate the quantity of each to craft the perfect puzza sauce.
>>
>>7036659
>Sauce is easy, anon.

>Straight up Neopolitan pizza is simply peeled and crushed San Marzano tomatoes with some salt....and that's it.

>The most basic sauce tastes the best!

Fuck off, retard.
>>
>>7037076
Don't be mad that you can't get good quality food
The reason flyovers insist on meat lovers supreme abominations is that complexity covers up the shit taste of the fourth-rate processed garbage
>>
>>7037084
Unless you are a pizza baker from New York, your opinion is shit desu senpai baka
>>
>>7037060

http://ny.water.usgs.gov/projects/hdsn/report/Circular1165.pdf
>>
>>7037089
I've baked pizza and I'm from new York, senpai desu baka kek

That means I win
>>
>>7037070

I only put salt, pepper and canned plum tomatoes in my pizza sauce. Nothing else. Pizza sauce isn't pasta sauce.
>>
>>7037092
So, I can bottle this shit up and everyone in the world can enjoy the superior new york pizza. Im gonna be rich to be honesy family. I feel like I should cut you in on this.
>>
>>7037092

Super outdated.

http://www.dec.ny.gov/lands/77105.html
>>
>>7037103
So how much rat shit should I use ppg?
>>
>>7036005
this us some top tier bait
>>
>>7037102

http://www.sandiegoreader.com/news/2014/feb/08/feast-new-york-water-coronado-pizza/#

http://www.pmq.com/August-2014/Village-Pizzeria-brings-New-York-water-to-west-coast/

Why would I lie about something so fucking stupid.

It's the water that makes NYC pizza superior to all others, including Italian pizza.
>>
>>7037109
see
>>7037110

Cry more you flyover afterthought.

:^)

>>7037107

Don't forget the powdered syringes, very important.
>>
>>7037107
Only fecal matter from a subgroup of the brown rat and black rat create the necessary compositions that enhance the flavor of New York pizza, Rattus norvegicus shekelus.
>>
>>7037110

>people paying to ship water

TOPPLEB
>>
>>7037131
>pizza was so good doe
>>
>zero ingredients used in "New York Pizza" are made in New York.

Pretty authentic reguonal quisine desu senpai.
>>
File: EL.jpg (266 KB, 641x528) Image search: [Google]
EL.jpg
266 KB, 641x528
>>7037144

I don't see people shipping water all over the planet to try to replicate anything from where you live though... so... there's all of that.

Shit, even the World's BEST Culinary School is in New York, Chef of the Century Paul Bocuse adores their methods so much he sent his son their to refine his culinary prowess.

ITT: flyover rage.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J%C3%A9r%C3%B4me_Bocuse
>>
>>7037170
>water has flavor.

There are retards everywhere anon.
>>
>>7037176

Lurk more, post less.
>>
>>7037181
>implying I come to /ck/ when I'm not hungry.
>>
>>7035944
Tomato puree

Thats literally all you need. The tastyness of the pizza comes from the toppings. Mushroom, olives, capsicum, red onion, salami, mozzarella, etc. The pizza sauce can be simple as fuck.
>>
File: 1446089344478.jpg (106 KB, 540x706) Image search: [Google]
1446089344478.jpg
106 KB, 540x706
>>7037240
>he likes bitter/bland pizza sauce.
>>
File: 20101101_100_6440.jpg (39 KB, 508x383) Image search: [Google]
20101101_100_6440.jpg
39 KB, 508x383
>>7037240
This.

I generally use a ketchup base, and it still manages to come out tasting good.
>>
>>7037275
Is that an authentic New York pizza?
>>
>>7037240
>The tastyness of the pizza comes from the toppings.
The tastiness of the pizza comes from all parts of it, just like every other dish.
If you've got shit crust, or shit sauce, but think "oh, well, the toppings are good" you might as well just eat the toppings instead of wasting time making a shit pizza.
>>
>>7037282
looks like a lunchable frankly
>>
>>7037290
This desu senpai baka
>>
>>7037301
No, it is a seafood pizza from the shoreline.
>>
>>7037191

So you only come to look at food you cannot have?

Sounds like you're a winner to me.
>>
>>7037320
Literally reddit the post.
>>
>>7037335

>YOU'RE_FROM_A_SITE_YOU'VE_NEVER_ACTUALLY_VISITED maymay.

Stay classless /ck/.
>>
>>7035944
Tomato puree, corn syrup, salt, modified corn starch, soybean oil, onion powder, natural flavor, carrot fiber, spices, citric acid, garlic powder, potassium sorbate.
>>
>>7036234
You're a fucking idiot you know that right?
>>
>>7037369
Why? He's correct.

All real pizza sauces take 3 days to cook.
>>
>>7037097
>>7036659

Listen to these anons.

Focus on your dough until your pizza is great with just some mozarella and a simple sauce, then branch out from there.

Cold rise is key but the ratios need to be adjusted depending on your baking method.

If you have a wood fired oven or a BGE style BBQ you can just copy professional recipes, if you need to bake your pizza for 10 minutes instead of 2-3 that won't work.
>>
>>7037420
>Using a spoon place 80g of pressed, peeled tomatoes into the center of the pizza base, then using a spiraling motion, cover the entire surface of the base with the sauce;

>Using a spiraling motion, add salt on the surface of the tomato sauce;

>In the same manner, scatter a pinch of oregano;

>Chop a thin slice of peeled garlic, and add it to the tomato;

>Using an oil canister and a spiraling motion starting from the center and moving out, pour 4-5g of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.

But yeah, what do Italians know about Pizza
>>
>>7037445
If sauce was that easy then why are 90% of pizza shit?
>>
>>7037484
>implying most pizza joints won't find it easier to use shitty powdered garlic, dried herbs, and bottom of the barrel tomatoes

You get what you pay for nigga
>>
>>7037484
They cut corners, have shitty dough, don't work it right. They use pans instead of stones or steel, ingredients are shit etc.

If you want to make Neapolitan style Pizza the exact method is published in some EU pdf.

If you want NY style or some other American variant check out https://www.pizzamaking.com
>>
>>7037562
Cool.
>>
File: IMG_20151101_192927.jpg (2 MB, 4208x3120) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151101_192927.jpg
2 MB, 4208x3120
I always make my crust from scratch but use pizza sauce out of a bottle. It costs a dollar and its good for four or five pizzas.

Going to try this >>7037445
the next time I make one I guess.
>>
>>7035944
You only need flour salt and water for the dough and tomatos for the sauce. Pizza is literally the easiest thing to cook.
>>
>>7037493
But /ck/ told me nice things are a scam and non-powdered herbs are veggan hippy shit
>>
>>7036905
Yes.
>>
>>7038887
What about yeast? A bit of olive oil doesn't hurt either.
>>
File: 12935774.jpg (58 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
12935774.jpg
58 KB, 480x480
1 28 oz can of crushed tomatoes (or Puree, or Whole Peeled you mush-up yourself).

That's all you need. More would be

A little salt
A little pepper
A little oregano
A little evoo

Optional is

Sugar or honey
Onion powder
Garlic
Basil
Red wine or balsamic vinegar

Fringe optional:

Fennel
Paprika

For NY style I don't care for San Marzanos. They have no tangy acidity to them.

Also: Pizza Sauce does not need to be cooked. It's not marinara.
>>
>>7037076

I prefer authentic Neapolitan style pizza, anon, and that's how it's made.

You can add whatever you like.
>>
Does anyone know how to maoe Pudge Brothers spicy pizza sauce?
>>
>>7037110
>It's the water that makes NYC pizza superior to all others, including Italian pizza.

NYC pizza dough tastes, and feels, like you're chewing on rubber.

The fuck out of here with that bullshit.
>>
>>7037484

First, because most places don't use fresh tomatoes, they use a pre-mixed concoction based from tomato paste, water, and a bunch of bullshit preservatives.

Second, their dough is ass, and comes out soft and rubbery.

Lastly, they use processed ingredients for toppings.

Hence, pizza that is ass, because they use cheap ingredients.
>>
Do not trust any recipes on the internet. Pizza sauce is canned tomatoes (whole/diced) with salt, evoo, oregano (if you want). Don't cook it. Make sure the tomatoes are good
>>
>>7039011

Yet... no one is shipping water around the planet to mimic your city's food.

Stay mirin.
>>
>>7039037

>pizza places use chemical anti-spoilage agents
>>
>>7039061

That's because the only idiots that could possible fall for that bullshit come from NYC....or LA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFKT4jvN4OE

Stay dumb as a rock.
>>
>>7039010
Red pepper flakes.
>>
>>7036659
Im going to try this, will report back.
>>
File: Q3dIVmz.gif (2 MB, 500x200) Image search: [Google]
Q3dIVmz.gif
2 MB, 500x200
>>7039238

>pizza parlor that ships water to California is in San Diego
>San Diego is in Los Angeles

Kek, out of the mouths of babes.

:^)
>>
>>7036659
These exact tomatoes are so good I ate a can by itself and drank the remains. They're the most expensive ones though
>>
>>7039726

Hell, the entire west coast of Califailia is probably dumb enough to buy it....
>>
>>7039918

Yea..California Pizza Kitchen alone is proof enough that they'll eat basically anything.
>>
>>7036659
I bought these tomatos. Made a sauce with just these and salt and it was shit. After fucking around with more salt, sugar, oregano, black and red pepper it tastes more like a pizzeria sauce.
>>
>>7040382

That's because you're used to shitty chain store pizza.

Most chain store / pizzeria sauce is made from tomato paste, water, and a bunch of other bullshit.
>>
>>7040805
Are we still pretending that pizza sauce doesn't include italian herbs and spices?
>>
>>7040816
Only plebs think more complicated recipes are better.

In reality the closer to nature the better.
>>
>>7040816

Pasta sauce doesn't belong on pizza.
>>
>>7040922
Enjoy your reddit pizza.
Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.