[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>There are people here, that don't try things because
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5
File: XlxGwZF.jpg (260 KB, 1280x853) Image search: [Google]
XlxGwZF.jpg
260 KB, 1280x853
>There are people here, that don't try things because they might be gross

>There are people here who don't actively learn to love things they hate in food, (Hating cilantro because genetics gets a pass here)

>There actually people actually bash foods

>There are people here that will post canned tamales that no one actually eats and say I wouldn't eat them and so my point is invalid.
>>
>>7035291
That beautiful bakelite exterior and 7.62x39. So sad only made for 2.5 years
>>
File: ab003.jpg (19 KB, 650x201) Image search: [Google]
ab003.jpg
19 KB, 650x201
>>7035291
What's a tamale?
>>
>>7035291
>actively learn to love things they hate

whats the point? if you don't like it, don't eat it. i think you're the autist here.
>>
>>7035297

Agreed, I am all for trying anything once and being open minded but if you don't like something then why try to force yourself to like it?
>>
>>7035291
>no one actually eats
>companys sell products nobody buys
you're retarded, next thread
>>
>>7035297
to develop your palate
>>
>>7035291
>tfw have cliantro gene so it tasted like dish soap when J first tried it
>tfw making myself eat it almost every day for few months
>tfw now it's so much more bearable than first time I tried it
>>
>there are people here that post guns on a food board

This window will close in 3seconds.
>>
>>7035297
>>7035302

Expanding your palate is a great thing, I love nearly all food because of it. After so long of wanting to love all food, I do, I love trying new things, and I love that I can walk into anywhere and provided it isn't burn your eyes out spicy, I'll love anything they give me. It allows me to experience things that I otherwise wouldn't have liked unless I had learned to like it. I've tried Balut, Bitter Melon, Natto, Bi Bam Bap (with the raw egg, this is more of textural one), extremely dark chocolate, dark coffee and loved all of it. It's great to be able to look at a restaurant and not know what to get because everything looks delicious.

Personally, I'll try, eat and love anything that, A. Is actually traditionally made in people's kitchens (no canned BS, but potted meat is okay), B. Non-medicinal, so no virgin boy eggs, and C. Won't get me sick because of XYZ reasons

>>7035303
Have you ever seen anyone ever even buy a Zero bar?

>>7035307
I've always imagined it tastes like the way palm olive smells
>>
>>7035311
>there are people here who get triggered by simply the image of a gun

his thread is about food, faggot
>>
>>7035317

it's about guns can't you see OP's image

how do you blind fucks even type
>>
>>7035323
do you think a thread is about images or the OP content?

OP simply forgot to say pic unrelated
>>
I still prefer dishes without cilantro, but I have learned to tolerate it in salsa and guacamole at the risk of not sounding like a huge faggot when asking for a dish without it.
>>
>>7035291
>forcing yourself to learn to enjoy a bad food

top kek
>>
>>7035340
What's a bad food? I'm genuinely curious what you consider a bad food to be
>>
>>7035316
So you don't actually have an expanded palate, you just think you do because you've excluded a bunch of shit.
>>
>>7035311
>getting this fanny flustered and triggered over the mere image of a weapon
kek. Fags like you are the reason I open carry
>>
>>7035342
The two things off my plate forever are whole chickpeas and red delicious apples. I hate the mealy texture and will never eat them willingly.

There are a bunch of things I won't try because they sound disgusting, or aren't actually food, like pickled pigs feet, most Chinese cuisine, insects, and obviously spoiled 'delicacies'.
>>
File: 1400392928436 (1).jpg (199 KB, 1280x1012) Image search: [Google]
1400392928436 (1).jpg
199 KB, 1280x1012
>>7035344
Besides nutella and Marmite and various seafoods, I can't think of any non traditional food that isn't some variation of a one dimensional sauce and hotdogs or hot dogmeat.

>Eating medicinal stuff

Most of it's alright actually but a lot of that stuff borders on shady snake-oil at best that's sold as "I know better than you, drink/eat this" Go to an ethnic food store, and look at all the medicinal stuff a lot of it is actual medicine and not food. Snake hearts and blood are fine to me, I'd try them in a heartbeat but bettle nuts? Not so much

>Make me sick

What is self-preservation

I've got a sneaking suspicion this is bait...

>>7035349
Honestly, I felt the same way about a lot of the stuff on the second part of your list before I decided "Fuck it" and tried it, and it turned out it was actually very good. Also! Chinese cooking seems gross and daunting, but trying actual Chinese food and not hardship food, is really great.

Also just because something is fermented doesn't mean it's bad.
>>
>>7035291
I didn't know guns could be so aesthetically pleasing until right now.
>>
>>7035367
It's the pinnacle of retrofurturistic guns and I love them, they're called TKB-001s and they have a smaller counterpart that's adorable
>>
>>7035354
>but trying actual Chinese food and not hardship food
so you think buffets are CHinese

okay
>>
>>7035373
>TKB-011*

Sorry!

>>7035380
How'd you draw that conclusion? You realize china is gigantic, and it's like saying that northeast American and southwest American is the same type of food even though it's not even close.
>>
>>7035354
> If you don't agree with me it's bait
Kill yourself.

Most people aren't picky eaters. You're setting yourself up as some gourmet God just for being normal.

>>7035387
It's very similar.
>>
>>7035297
I learned to like a few things, onions, tomatoes, mushrooms and peppers among a few others, because they appear in so many dishes and I was seriously limiting myself by not eating them.
>>
>>7035291
>bullpup garbage

baka
>>
>>7035348
AM I BEING DETAINED?
AM I BEING DETAINED?
AM I BEING DETAINED?
AM I BEING DETAINED?
>>
>>7035294
>loving bullpup abominations
horrible taste
>>
>>7035316
I've bought a zero bar and it's good as fuck nigga
>>
>>7035316
I literally just bought a zero bar you fuccboi
>>
File: 1442533133696.png (389 KB, 800x536) Image search: [Google]
1442533133696.png
389 KB, 800x536
>>7035291
There were a lot of things that I didn't like at your age that I eat on a regular basis now.
>>
File: 1358797518656.png (3 KB, 203x212) Image search: [Google]
1358797518656.png
3 KB, 203x212
>>7035291

Pretty much OP, only about 1/3rd of the people here are actually here to discuss food, the other 2/3rds are just here to bitch that everything new (or at least new to them) isn't good or worth trying, thus convincing themselves they never have to grow or change and keep on sucking down the same shit their mom has always made them.
>>
>>7035297

Used to hate all forms of eggs, all forms of potatoes, and all soups

Spent the last seven years trying more of each because a) I am no longer a child and b) there are so many varieties, recipies, preparations and cooks of each that a blanket "don' like it" is an utterly retarded claim

Now I like new things, things I didn't used to and have learned how to cook and incorporate new things. My world is richer for it and all because I decided to stop being a petulant little bitch
>>
>>7035291
I know it's been said, but
>forcing yourself to like something
Yeah, nah. I'll stick to the food that I do like and non-alcoholic beverages.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.