[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Describe the worst food you've ever had and why >I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 7
File: Doner Kebab.jpg (57 KB, 615x409) Image search: [Google]
Doner Kebab.jpg
57 KB, 615x409
Describe the worst food you've ever had and why

>I just ate a kebab yesterday at some random kebab store. First thing i've noticed is that the employee was a woman that didn't look kebabish at all
>There was no beef kebab, just chicken or turkey
>ordered a chicken kebab
>the woman started making it without even slicing the meat, just taking it from some place behind the counter
>"Do you want it with spicy sauce?"
>"yeah why not"
>she puts literally Ketchup and mustard WTF.JPG

the second bite on that "kebab" i noticed the chicken was freezed before and she barely put any salad, the "sauce" was literally like vomit and nothing like that tasty spicy yogurt sauce most people make.

To make it even worse, the kebab along with the coke costed me 6.5€, while in every kebab store it doesn't costs more than 5€.

Pic related, how a kebab should look like
>>
> beef kebab

wtf mang. All I ever see is lamb or turkey.
>>
>>7035000

*lamb or chicken, rather
>>
>>7035000
it's common as fuck all around the world, i don't know where do you live
>>
i've been to tons of horrendous restaurants and always wondered how they kept the lights on.

went to a mexican restaurant in florida and it was the worst shit i've ever had in my entire terrible life. pretty much a 10 year old suburban kids interpretation of mexican food. microwaved american cheese slices atop cheap tostitos chips all drenched in pickled jalapenos and the runniest salsa i've ever fucking seen were their "chips and salsa". we figured it was an off day since no one was inside so we ordered some more food.

it was absolutely horrific, a total murder scene, we lifted it up and my friend started gagging. we dropped whatever we had in our pockets and ran out of there. the place is STILL open.
>>
>new pizza place opened
>was drunk and had to try it
>'hey these onion bits on here taste funky as fuck'
>i keep eating it
>2 hours later I'm vomiting everywhere
>the raw onion they put on the pizza irritates my throat so I puke even more
yeah I never ate there again.
>>
>>7035012

london
>>
>>7035000
Fellow Bong here, I agree, don't see beef kababs - it's lamb or chicken!
>>
>>7035049
they often sell veal or beef kebap here, haven't seen turkey yet but chicken is taking over because it's cheaper

10 years ago it was easier to find good kebap here, now there's more and more hole in the walls that don't even have cacik and use some disgusting mayo based sauce instead.
>>
>>7034992
that is not a kebab, that's a Shaorma bro.. You know nothing of the so called "kebab". It is always with lamb or beef.
> hurr durr burgers and sandwiches are the same thing
>>
>>7035069
Shawarma is just the arabic word for kebab
>>
File: kebab lamb meat.jpg (96 KB, 1334x567) Image search: [Google]
kebab lamb meat.jpg
96 KB, 1334x567
>>7035071

For some reason, I find that Arabs make far better kebabs than Turks do. Arab kebab/shawarma places are rarer in Britain, but they're a hell of a lot better than their Turkish counterparts in my experience. The Arabic shawarma places use good quality meat (actual chunks of meat layered around a spit), while the Turkish doner kebab places often use terrible quality meat that's barely fit for human consumption (a roll of reconstituted animal product that vaguely resembles meat). See pic.

Turkish kebab places often have shit like pizza, burgers, and chips on their menus, whereas the Arab ones usually only have Middle Eastern fast food, and the price of a doner kebab or shawarma is roughly the same. If you're buying kebab from a place that serves western-style fast food, more often than not you're going to get a sub-par kebab; and as a general rule, the more Arabic you hear spoken by the patrons, the better the quality of the kebab in that establishment. I'm sure actual kebabs in Turkey are pretty tasty, but over here the Arab immigrants significantly outclass the Turk immigrants in kebab making skills.
>>
>>7035071
for the sake of not arguing :
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shawarma
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doner_kebab
Please inform yourself
>>
Shawarma meat is seasoned with cinnamon and clove and a few others whereas Doener meat is pretty much gyro meat meaning the predominant flavors are onion and garlic.
Shawarma is middle eastern and a Doener is really just a super gyro. I prefer the Doener
>>
>>7035071
not even close
>>
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 190x245) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 190x245
>>7034992
Subscribed.
>>
File: dole_mandarin[1].jpg (32 KB, 238x300) Image search: [Google]
dole_mandarin[1].jpg
32 KB, 238x300
Canned Mandarin oranges.
The smell was terrible, it had a really fishy odor that nearly made me give up on eating any at all. The smell did not translate into the flavor at all, which I thought was strange.
The flavor was overwhelmingly bitter, and not even in a citrus way although there was a faint hint of orange-esque taste. Like, I really like grapefruit, but this bitter was just too much for me and not at all what I expected.

Now I gag when I think of eating Mandarin oranges in any way.
>>
Wait

A kebab is a gyro?

Oh my god
>>
a lukewarm ham and cheese croissant from a French airport cafe

got home and vomited the entire contents of my digestive tract onto my carpet like a dog that had been fed chocolate, there is still a stain that has never quite come out
>>
A friend of mine ate a turkey panini at the airport in Munich. Later in the airplane he puked and clogged the sink in the restroom. The flight staff was mildly amused. I was very amused. God those Germany trips where real shitshows all around!
>>
>>7034992
>Buying kebab from a non kebab
That was your mistake.
>>
>>7035220
gyro is a turkish/ greek style of kebab. They use finely ground mixed meat instead of actual slabs of meat.
>>
>>7035051
Youre missing out. Beef shawarma is fucking amazing
>>
>>7035219
canned mandarin oranges are fucking dank get your shit checked
>>
>>7035017
A front for money laundering/drugs would be my guess.
>>
>>7034992
I don't eat at ethnic restaurants unless I know for sure that the kitchen is staffed with recent immigrants of the appropriate ethnicity getting payed below minimum wage. This is the only way to ensure the food is good.
>>
>>7036885
>getting payed below minimum wage
Rope is a currency in your country?
>>
god damned europeans ruining glorious kebab

remove! remove europe!
>>
>>7035220

a kebab is the euro version of turkish doner kebab, and the ancestor of donairs (the canadian version with the weird sugar sauce) and gyros (the american version with fewer vegetables)
>>
>>7036870
my favorite pizza joint was a front for laundering drug money. They had the cheapest pies ($5 for like 14in), and the best ingredients around.
>tfw they got shut down by the police
theres reasons why the kids on the block dont fuck with cops
>>
File: sheeshkibib.jpg (87 KB, 640x320) Image search: [Google]
sheeshkibib.jpg
87 KB, 640x320
>>7036929
as an american, hearing people refer to kebabs on here I always pictured shish kebabs - was confused as to how they were street food.
>>
>>7036941
shish kebabs are street food though

you just make them on a wooden skewer and not a fancy metal one
>>
>>7036929
Gyros are Greek. It's lamb, beef, and chicken with a cucumber yogurt sauce.
>>
>poor as poor can get
>crash w/a friend
>obtain $3
>thus obtain chicken thighs and a cabbage
>cook up a big pot of chicken n rice
>with cabbage
>it's fucking great with enough salt and pepper
>sit on broken couch in front of broken TV to eat food my ass is literally starving
>three spoons in get a big crunch
>taste of nightmares spreads across my tongue
>feel hairs and spines
>spoon food out of my open mouth
>wide open like a horror movie

>it's a cockaroach, boiled into a mini cockaroach balloon in my first pot of food in three days

I waited 12 hours before I was hungry enough to eat anything else from that pot, but I ate it eventually. It was the worst thing I've ever tasted including dog shit and cat food. think I have PTSD or some shit, this event haunts me to this day
>>
>>7034992
Holy shit is a kebab just a "gyro" here in the US?
>>
File: LRrtl5u.jpg (480 KB, 5000x5000) Image search: [Google]
LRrtl5u.jpg
480 KB, 5000x5000
>>7037514
christ
>>
>>7037514

OK anon you win this thread, time to go to bed everyone.
>>
>>7036929
never heard so much bullshit before
kebab is not the euro version of something
the döner kebab was invented in europe germany, kebab is only the meat
IF you wanna say it this way, it would be "a doner kebab is a euro version of the turkish kebab" or some shit
>>
>>7034992
Everything on this list >>7031276 for various reasons.
>>
>>7036670
stfu with your bullshit
gyro is not turkish
its not made of ground beef
traditionally its pork meat slabs unlike the turkish version with lamb or veal
>>
>>7037241
no gyro is traditionally prepared with pork you retards
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.